Which dramas of the year do you think deserve more recognition?? 

Girls' Generation 1979 - this most of all! A lot of people seemed to dislike this but it is one of my favorites

Avengers Social Club - became my #1 favorite Korean drama of all time, it is an incredibly refreshing and unique story and I could watch this again and again

Woman of Dignity - really high ratings in Korea but not much talk about it here it seems

Go Back Couple - seems to be the most recognized on MDL out of all of the ones I'm listing, but I still feel like it didn't get the same following as many of the 2017 hits; a very realistic look at how a relationship can fall apart

Hokuto - I heavily prefer older Japanese dramas to newer ones, but this was a very interesting watch

Songyi:

Girls' Generation 1979 - this most of all! A lot of people seemed to dislike this but it is one of my favorites

Avengers Social Club - became my #1 favorite Korean drama of all time, it is an incredibly refreshing and unique story and I could watch this again and again

Woman of Dignity - really high ratings in Korea but not much talk about it here it seems

Go Back Couple - seems to be the most recognized on MDL out of all of the ones I'm listing, but I still feel like it didn't get the same following as many of the 2017 hits; a very realistic look at how a relationship can fall apart

Hokuto - I heavily prefer older Japanese dramas to newer ones, but this was a very interesting watch

I agree with Go Back Couple 100%

Bian:

I agree with Go Back Couple 100%

Go Back Couple was amazing! I went in with pretty much no expectations and was so surprised; I'm really glad this was recommended to me.

I wish there were more dramas like this. Even more so if they end up with different people in the end. I miss Nam Gil! And I do wish I could have seen them get a second chance with someone else rather than the "love conquers all" ending. But it was still one of the best ones I've seen in 2017.

I really enjoyed go back couple too and my favorite of the year was Avengers social club  which was least expectant since there was no hype around it at the time. I'm going to try woman of dignity, youre right I haven't heard much about it, yet the reviews are really promising.

isela5063:

I really enjoyed go back couple too and my favorite of the year was Avengers social club  which was least expectant since there was no hype around it at the time. I'm going to try woman of dignity, youre right I haven't heard much about it, yet the reviews are really promising.

It got a lot of hype in Korea, just not as much on here. I found it to be a great series and if you liked Avengers Social Club as much as I did, you might like that one too.

Songyi:

Go Back Couple was amazing! I went in with pretty much no expectations and was so surprised; I'm really glad this was recommended to me.

I wish there were more dramas like this. Even more so if they end up with different people in the end. I miss Nam Gil! And I do wish I could have seen them get a second chance with someone else rather than the "love conquers all" ending. But it was still one of the best ones I've seen in 2017.

I have only gotten hardcore SLS from School 2015, that being said Nam Gil did shake my heart a bit but I rooted for Ban Do from the beginning until the end. 

Go back couple was such a great drama! The acting was so spot on which doesn't surprise me from Jang Na Ra, she always has done an amazing job but our male lead did great as well. They were so sweet and the drama was so well written. The ending was expected but I was happy with it because it was expected. Ban Do and Jin Joo got their happy ending and both went through their hardships together. They talked it through eventually and overcame their problems. Both Jin Joo and Ban Do had their flaws but it was because of miscommunication. They didn't see the good but only saw the bad. In the end they looked their son too much to throw their relationship away and they also still loved each other.  It was a beautiful drama that I wouldn't mind watching again. Also I loved the one OST called "Dream".  

Live Up to Your Name - I rarely see people talking about this one, but it was fantastic. 

The Eternal Love - perhaps because it gets confused with Eternal Love / Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, which was wildly popular. 

Save Me 

Save Me 

Save Me 

Save Me 

Save Me 

Save Me

Save Me

I don't see much talk about Duel or Defendant here on mdl, but they are both excellent serious, crime/mystery dramas. 

AH:

Live Up to Your Name - I rarely see people talking about this one, but it was fantastic. 

The Eternal Love - perhaps because it gets confused with Eternal Love / Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, which was wildly popular. 

Yeah I came in to say "live up to your name". There were apparently licensing issues so it never got an official release on dramafever or Viki, which is why it hasn't gotten the recognition. That's too bad because it is a great drama! Very fun and well paced from start to finish!  definitely one of the better ones this year. 

Super Family (Strong family)

Duel

Girls Generation 1979

Stranger 

Go Back Couple 

Avengers Social Club