Both leads are childhood friends (I want before Highschool) and they fall in love. Maybe at first, the main girl is in love with/dating someone else. Eventually she realizes she loves the main guy.

Seen:

Bachelors Vegetable Store

Koinaka

Operation Proposal (k and j versions)

Fight for my Way

9 ends 2 outs

I recommend checking out Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo!

The main leads met in elementary school and became friends, but they got separated until they met again in college. That's when their love story begins. :)

Eudrya:

I recommend checking out Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo!

The main leads met in elementary school and became friends, but they got separated until they met again in college. That's when their love story begins. :)

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. I just couldn't get into that one. Don't know why.

maybe Baker King Kim Tak Gu (she loves ML at first but ends up with 2nd ML in the end they all meet as kids), Jang Ok Jung live in love, and maybe film My Little Bride

Minami-kun no Koibito: My Little Lover - set in high school

Reply 1988 - were childhood friends 100% set in HS-adult career lives

Reply 1997 - idr how long, but I think they were friends for a while

She Was Pretty - childhood friends meet in their adult years and their roles switch: the boy who was once chubby and dorky turned into a handsome successful man, while the girl who was popular and the school's beauty queen lost her beauty

Because It's The First Time - set in college

Come! Jang Bo Ri - it's been too long to remember if the romance aspect was any good,but irm the ML being a childhood friend; they meet again in adult life

One More Happy Ending 

• Healer - very young childhood 
  • Hello Monster - FL was the ML's "stalker" / sort-of-friend
  • I Hear Your Voice - the leads met in childhood; the FL helped the ML and the ML vowed to protect her
  • I Need Romance 3 - the FL looked after the ML when they were kids
  • Pinocchio - the leads grow up together

Also this one is from Taiwan and the leads meet in high school, but I strongly recommend In Time With You. The ML develops a crush on the FL in high school, where they are sort-of rivals (mainly from her perspective). He sort of starts a friendship with her, but for fear of losing her he starts it by saying that he'll never have feelings for her (in the moment she's a bit biased against love). Later in life they become best friends. It requires a little bit of patience, but since you specifically wrote that you're open to suggestions where the FL dates someone else first, I thought I'd mention it. 

• 20th Century Boy and Girl
  • Can you hear my heart

Bubblegum, She was pretty, In time with you (tw drama), Pinocchio

I Remember you - Can't say friends, but they show it as that.

My love Eun Dong

Black

Autumn in my heart - Can't say friends, but family.