Oh my general, its such a good drama its about a strong  female general who is forced to marry the kings weak newphew but felling starts to develop amongst them, it also has a major character growth and a happy ending.

Bangtanprincess07:

Oh my general, its such a good drama its about a strong  female general who is forced to marry the kings weak newphew but felling starts to develop amongst them, it also has a major character growth and a happy ending.

I’m currently watching it! It’s a bit long so I’m taking breaks in between but I love Ma Sichun.

Oh my general it was so good

Well-Intended Love

Hillisawesome:

Hi! I am looking for SPECIFICALLY CHINESE dramas about arranged marriage / forced marriage / contract marriage. I am open to old and new, modern day or historical period. MUST HAVE A HAPPY ENDING.

Some examples:

1. Siege in Fog (guy likes girl but she likes someone else, he marries her and well it goes on from there. Sad ending)

2. Good Bye My Princess (not out yet. I am looking forward to this in DEC. Heard it's tragic though)

and that's it. Please help me out, I'm like on a drought, there's nothing I want to watch HAHA

Hi! Super late reply ???? You have probably watched this already but if you haven’t, WELL-INTENDED LOVE suits your description pretty well. 

Georjaynaemerald:

Well-Intended Love

Hi! Super late reply ???? You have probably watched this already but if you haven’t, WELL-INTENDED LOVE suits your description pretty well. 

I actually haven’t heard of it yet! Thanks for the recommendation :D

Hillisawesome:

I actually haven’t heard of it yet! Thanks for the recommendation :D

You’re very welcome! Please do update me if you enjoyed the drama.

So I know you specifically mentioned Chinese only dramas... But have you thought of watching Turkish dramas?  I've watched only one Turkish drama to date but it is one of the best dramas I have ever watched. The romance is amazing and is one of my favorites. The drama is called "Siyah Beyaz Ask" or "Black and White Love" in English.  

The male lead is a sort of hitman who works for his uncle. He captures a doctor (female lead) and forces her to operate on someone. She overhears something she shouldn't have so the uncle orders the male lead to kill the doctor. He refuses to do so and marries her instead to protect her and to use her to protect his family from her brother who is a policeman.  

kelena93:

So I know you specifically mentioned Chinese only dramas... But have you thought of watching Turkish dramas?  I've watched only one Turkish drama to date but it is one of the best dramas I have ever watched. The romance is amazing and is one of my favorites. The drama is called "Siyah Beyaz Ask" or "Black and White Love" in English.  

The male lead is a sort of hitman who works for his uncle. He captures a doctor (female lead) and forces her to operate on someone. She overhears something she shouldn't have so the uncle orders the male lead to kill the doctor. He refuses to do so and marries her instead to protect her and to use her to protect his family from her brother who is a policeman.  

Omg girlll/boyyyy, I love this show! I haven’t officially watched it but i’ve seen all the clips and their moments are so intense and passionate! And I love how she doesn’t love him in the beginning but slowly starts to fall for him. Still waiting for a right time to watch the show cause each ep is 2hrs long but I’ll get there eventually. THAnks for the reply HAHAHA

• Well intended love
  • Inborn pair
  • Sunny Hapiness

Cruel Romance - Mafia Boss falls for a girl and force her into marriage

Lady and Liar - Mafia Boss falls for a girl and trick her into marriage

General and I - A General loves the only woman that could defead him  and force her to marry him

-> all of the male leads really love their woman (not just hunt her)

fanitha:
  • Well intended love
  • Inborn pair
  • Sunny Hapiness

I have heard of Inborn Pair (watched a few eps) and Well-intended Love. Haven’t seen Sunny Happiness yet but I’ll add jt to my list. Thank you!

real_Mokona:

Cruel Romance - Mafia Boss falls for a girl and force her into marriage

Lady and Liar - Mafia Boss falls for a girl and trick her into marriage

General and I - A General loves the only woman that could defead him  and force her to marry him

-> all of the male leads really love their woman (not just hunt her)

I’ve seen a few clips of General and I and I’m strangely more into the second female lead (the princess/queen). Thanks for the recommendations!

intense love (its great )

princess silver  (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were arranged to marry to each other.)

the song of glory      (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were arranged to marry to each other.)

the joy of life   (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were bethroted to each other.)

story of minglan (forced but fell inlove)

all this a top highly rated dramas

All modern day:

Girlfriend

Midummer is Full of Love(airing now, remake of Full House)

Please Love Me - cute contract marriage

About is Love

Time Teaches Me to Love

Historical/Time-travel:

Romance of Tiger and Rose - really enjoyed this one

Also, it's Turkish, but Sen Cal Kapimi is airing right now and a super great fake relationship drama

varie_nyoka15:

intense love (its great )

princess silver  (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were arranged to marry to each other.)

the song of glory      (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were arranged to marry to each other.)

the joy of life   (met before introductions,fell inlove not knowing they were bethroted to each other.)

story of minglan (forced but fell inlove)

all this a top highly rated dramas

Wow I’ve never heard of Intense Love before and it’s right up my alley! I love it when the girl does the chasing!

I’ll check the others out as well, I heard of Princess Silver and the Story of Minglan already but never actually watched it.

Thank you! I expect to find a new favourite with Intense Love!