hey Im looking for a drama that will make my heart hurt. some examples are

1. Autumn in My Heart

2. Spring Waltz

3. Stairway to heaven

They do not have to be old or Korean these are just the only examples I could think of :)

Definitely Scarlet Heart.

Mr. Sunshine

Reply 1988 (This one is generally comedy, but sadness is felt so real as well. It definitely portrays life.)

Missing you; 49 Days; Oh my Geum Bi

• I'm Sorry I love you
  • Marriage Contract
  • Come and Hug me
  • 1 litre of tears
  • Just Between Lovers

There are so many that I can't even start but the most would be 

1.  Sawan Biang - Thai. The remake with Ken (Thai drama)
  2. Scarlet Heart S1 - The Chinese ver. My heart hurt so much that the Korean ver seemed like child play. 
  3.  Ngao Asoke - Thai the older ver 
  4.  Secret - Korean. Had me in tears throughout  
  5. Apple in Your Eye - Taiwanese. Still hurts. 
  6. When a Mans in love - Korean

I can go onnnnn but just a few quick suggestions that are romancy/sad 

Maya:

There are so many that I can't even start but the most would be 

1.  Sawan Biang - Thai. The remake with Ken (Thai drama)
  2. Scarlet Heart S1 - The Chinese ver. My heart hurt so much that the Korean ver seemed like child play. 
  3.  Ngao Asoke - Thai the older ver 
  4.  Secret - Korean. Had me in tears throughout  
  5. Apple in Your Eye - Taiwanese. Still hurts. 
  6. When a Mans in love - Korean

I can go onnnnn but just a few quick suggestions that are romancy/sad 

Great recommendations, do u have Ngao Asoke the old version cuz I couldn't find it, pls list more if u have 

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Mr Sunshine

Empress Ki

1. Scarlet Heart ---- Chinese series

I only watched the first 10-ish episodes of the series and skipped to the ending. However, the series managed to put me in an almost-tearing mode, which I rarely have even if I watched a series from start till end.

2. Wuxin S1

The entire series is enjoyable and have plenty of comedy elements, just that the ending is very very sad imho, especially when the ML forgot everything about the SML.

3. Bloddy Romance

Whole series hurts.....

Life (bullying)

Deep love

https://mydramalist.com/13876-journey-to-the-shore

A werewolf boy(«movie)

Grave of the fireflies (anime)

Secret

Autumn’s concerto 

Mask

Tree of heaven

Scarlet heart ryeo

Kleun Cheewit

Oh my Ghostess ( it’s a comedy but there are some sad part about the ghost girl which has to come to terms with her death and depart from earth)

That winter, the wind blows

Shining inheritance 

Missing you

Full House

Boys Over Flower

• +1 to Come and Hug Me | this is a tale of love and comfort, starring a couple who love each other, but who are torn apart by a tragedy: ML's father killed FL's parents.
  • Black | This is a show that weaves the story like a spider weaves its web. What gets presented as side-stories or sub-plots are actually all related and pieced together with the main story in the most compelling of ways. This is a story about a grim reaper (ML) who --while searching for his missing partner-- get involved with the FL (a girl gift--or cursed with the ability-- to see ghosts). As the story progresses, we see our ML become more and more human.
  • A Beautiful Mind | ML is a doctor who is also a psychopath, but there's a twist near the end that puts an interesting spin on the story.
  •  Cruel City | This is the story of a man (ML) caught between his job (undercover cop) and his friends (criminals) and how it gets harder for him to separate the two.
 redxxxcrimson:

Great recommendations, do u have Ngao Asoke the old version cuz I couldn't find it, pls list more if u have 

I don't think the 2008 ver is available for streaming but you might find the download ver on alwaysmeena I think? I watched it aaaaaaaages ago but seriously if you can find it try to. The 2016 ver is good but the 2008 ver has like x10 the chemistry 

Other cry worthy dramas but with a somewhat more diver genres include 

1. My girl - Korean Sad-ish A good break to watch when you want sad but not heart wrenching
  2. Jao Sao Rim Tang - Thai 
  3. My Love Eun Dong - Korean. This drama is so perfect in so many ways. I can't even.
  4. Hello Monster/Remember Me - Korean. The Feels. The Bromance. 
  5. Cruel Romance - Chinese. A great introduction to Chinese Period dramas and Huang Xiaoming.  Also the feels. Had me in tears again and again. 
  6. Hotel King - Korean. An Interesting watch... and Lee Dong Wook is just beautiful to look at despite the mismatched face and body makeup 
  7. Bad Guys S1 - Korean. Not sure if this actually fits but this is just fascinating and Park Hae Jin is bae 
  8. Angel Eyes - Korean.  Lee Sang Yoon is the love despite a less than stellar performance from a few people. Won't mention who to not ruin it and influence you decision.   
  9. The Journey of Flower - Chinese. Binge watching it is the best way 
  10. Someone Like You  - Taiwanese. Scriptwriters tease the hell out of you but so good. It has a very unique Taiwanese pacing I think 
  11. The Smile Has Left Your Eyess - Korean/Japanese. Take your pick! Tears galore
  12. Should We Kiss First - Korean . Such good writing and acting and so underappreciated.

A few that have been mentioned that I would second include I'm sorry I love you, Come and Hug Me, Uncontrollably Fond, That Winter Wind That Blows,  Just Between Lovers, Mask, Marriage Contract

Practically most Thai lakorns of the slap/kiss genre always gets the tear ducts working when it isn't crazy makjang.