Long story short, i just started watching my first non-korean drama, Eternal love (2017) and I absolutely fell in love. 

At the beginning every scene made my heart twist and gave me chills in my spine. A master who is super caring and trustworthy to his disciplines, lots of disciplines who are caring and like brothers to the main character and respect their master, a main character dressed as a boy who always gets in trouble and others still take good care of her... I don't even have the right words to explain it, but everything about it is just so perfect that it's like a drug to me. 

However, I just finished watching the 16th episode and I must say, the story has been nothing like the beginning. Politics and subplots are kicking in and the main couple has lost their adorable master-discipline relationship. I'm starting to feel like it would be a waste of time to watch it till the end. 

Can someone tell me, is there any dramas similar to the beginning of the Eternal Love/ is it actually worth watching it till the end? 

(also am I the only one who got chills in their spine when Mo Yuan rushed to save Si Yin from attacking Qing Cang before sealing the bell???)

Thank you for reading and have an amazing day!!! :)

Hello,

First of all, keep in mind that I have yet to watch Eternal Love. But given your description, maybe you can try Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It's a romcom period drama with gener-bender. If it's not what you're looking for, I suggest you ask your question directly in the comments section of the drama. Fans will definitely answer it.

Have a nice day

Nooo u have to keep watching it! compared to the rest of the series the beggining was slow and uneventful (I'm telling u now get the tissues ready later on, u'll need them). The main character grows and changes so much and the actor who plays her master is also the main lead is so great (as another character). Also the side love story (with the nine tailed fox) was loved by many viewers and those actors were great too. WATCH IT!

I'm not sure if you are looking for the cross dressing or the teacher-student relationship...

Didn't watch it yet but I think synopsis based The Journey of Flower should be similar, also Princess Agents is teacher-student and he resques her a lot.

maybe the eternal love? another chinese production only 24 eps,

Hmmm maybe Ashes of Love? It's the other big xianxia that everyone compares to Eternal Love. At the beginning it's pretty lighthearted and the FL has a bunch of people that are like family to her who protect her and it's pretty sweet. It does get super melodramatic later on and overall it wasn't my cup of tea but you may like it, most people who liked Eternal Love tend to like Ashes of Love. 

HOWEVER, now that you have delved into the world of non k-dramas you are in for a treat. There are so so many good c dramas out there. Here are my personal favorites-that while they aren't really like Eternal Love-they are fantastic in their own right.

• The Story of Ming Lan- a realistic historical drama. The best acting I've seen in any drama to date. It's not over the top, the FL is so damn smart, and the relationships feel real. You mentioned dramas worth watching until the end and this is one of them. Even with 70+ episodes it never dragged and the ending was extremely satisfying. My favorite drama ever. 
  • Goodbye My Princess- this one has a bit of fantasy but is mostly grounded in reality. It has an amazing ost, such a likable and endearing FL, and an interesting unique setting. Warning though, this one is a tragedy.
  • The Battle of Changsha- this one's a realistic drama set in China during WW2. I highly recommend it. 
  • Journey of Flower- this one's super fantasyish and has some god awful cgi ngl haha. But it's one of my favorites. The characters have some incredible development and the story just was not what I was expecting. A lot of people say that Eternal Love is like this and I can for sure see some similarities.
  • A Love So Beautiful- My favorite school drama. It's so cute and funny. Definitely has a lighter mood than the rest of the dramas on this list. 

Woo that was long lol sorry. I get so excited when someone jumps on the c drama wagon, I always want to recommend everything haha. Hope you like something here:)

You gotta keep watching , in the beginning she was a kid ,if u want sensi student relation ship u can watch anime