can anyone post all kdrama you hv watched that has revenge theme on it? (rate it = the better^^)

apparently.. most of them.. often seek revenge for their father's/mother's/ sibling's death which is too much reuse for this kind of plot...

Ps: im too curious on how good City Hunter is because of its hummoguoes ratings
City Hunter is really good. The story,the acting & the characters are amazing. The only revenge ones i can think of is City Hunter, Bad Guy, IRIS, King Of Baking Kim Tak Goo, Prosecutor Princess
-Up to now, City Hunter is the best I have seen dealing with the issue revenge.
-Bad Guy comes second in my list: great visual, very well acted, revenge is believable and well plotted.
-Runaway Plan B deals with revenge too. It's lighter in tone and dialogues, funnier than the above mentioned and well acted. But I'm quite lonely in my liking it very much.

However, in small doses revenge is often used in K-dramas, even when it's not the main subject. In Personal Taste, the female lead wants to take revenge on her ex lover who cheated on her (ranked quite low in my list); 49 days touches the issue too (ranked just as low as the previous one for me); Cinderella's Sister plays around revenge too - don't know for how long because I dropped it.

Pity you only ask about Korean shows, because I think there are a couple of wonderful Japanese dramas on revenge.
:)
moocole wrote: -Up to now, City Hunter is the best I have seen dealing with the issue revenge.
-Bad Guy comes second in my list: great visual, very well acted, revenge is believable and well plotted.
-Runaway Plan B deals with revenge too. It's lighter in tone and dialogues, funnier than the above mentioned and well acted. But I'm quite lonely in my liking it very much.

However, in small doses revenge is often used in K-dramas, even when it's not the main subject. In Personal Taste, the female lead wants to take revenge on her ex lover who cheated on her (ranked quite low in my list); 49 days touches the issue too (ranked just as low as the previous one for me); Cinderella's Sister plays around revenge too - don't know for how long because I dropped it.

Pity you only ask about Korean shows, because I think there are a couple of wonderful Japanese dramas on revenge.
:)

Can you please give me some japanese dramas. I need some good ones to watch
A Man's Story - A+++++ A MUST WATCH.

Cain and Abel - I watched it. It's very good. Grade B-
A Man Called God - It's okay. Song Il Guk is pretty in it.... I know, that's lame. Grade C

Dramas I know that are revenge dramas but I haven't watched them.

Temptation of Wife
Temptation of an Angel
Revenge - Uhm Tae Woong!
Kancha wrote: Can you please give me some japanese dramas. I need some good ones to watch

On top of my list there's Kurosagi. Best interpretation of Yamapi so far - in my opinion, the plot is brilliant and at times downright hilarious. Great chemistry with Horikita Maki, but don't expect too much romance: that's somehow a Korean prerogative. ;)

Second is Hyakunen no monogatari, which is devided into 3 stories, one of them centers on revenge. Brilliantly acted, it's also a very touching story of women and of love. Not a light watch, but worth the effort, in my opinion.

The others are movies, now that I think of it. One is Saigo no Yakusoku, quite an interesting film with an unexpected twist and then of course there's Confessions, a wonderful movie - but beware, it's like a punch in the guts! If you want some respite, stay away from this. If you wish to think and rethink about a movie, than give it a try.

Sorry, I thought I had seen more... :(
as far as i've watch in my memories w/ revenge theme

Giant = 13/10 .... (its far far better than any 10/10 i've seen or any i will yet see( i wish there is)
Resurrection/Rebirth/Revenge = 9/10
A Man's Story = 8-8.5/10
Time of Dog and wolf = 9/10
The Devil = 8-8.5/10 , Maou(remake) = 8.5-9/10 i've seen this 1st b4 the original so watching the original loose excitement

....I forgot the others

is Iljimae a revenge drama too?

I know baker king but I don't really think its really a revenge type

I havent seen much jdrama with dark themes or revenge type except Maou
I like to see Bad Guy because of Nam Gil but the spoilers make me not too coz they said at the end .....its $@@@
Hmm, the ones I can think of (that I've watched) are

Korean:
(7)Mawang - A young lawyer seeks to avenge his older brother's death. The love triangle is between him, a psychic girl, and a prosecutor who also was involved in the brother's death.
(7)East of Eden - Main guy's father was killed by this rich guy so he vows to avenge his father and becomes a prosecutor. Lots of birth secrets in this one.
(8)Story of a Man - Main guy seeks to avenge his brother's suicide after they were ruined by this rich and powerful dude. This one was spoken highly of by javabeans, if that means anything to you.
(6)IRIS - After betrayed by his organization and almost killed, main guy seeks revenge and discovers IRIS.
(8)City Hunter - Betrayed by his country, a dude steals the newborn son of his friend who died on the mission and vows to come back with the cruelest revenge on the 5 politicians who betrayed the team.
(7)Bad Guy - After his parents are killed and his life is toyed around with by some rich family when he was young, the main guy devotes his life to destroy the lives of those who destroyed his and his parents'.

Japanese:
(7)Kurosagi - Swindling drove his father to kill his family and commit suicide so the main guy decides to swindle swindlers, as a sort of revenge. Focuses more on the actual swindling than on the revenge.
(8)LIAR GAME - The main guy actually comes out of jail after swindling a company that drove his mom to suicide. He helps this girl and together they progress through the Liar Games. This, too, focuses more on the actual games than on the revenge.

Uh, yeah, that's it. Ratings are out of 10.
The ones that comes to my head at 1AM:
- Bad Guy
- Kim Tak Goo (maybe the best)
- Iljimae (also best)
- Cinderella's Sister (after ep 10 gets draggy)
- Kurosagi
- Liar Game
- Hong Gil Dong (not sure if it's revenge drama but it's similar to Iljimae)
A Love To Kill Giant Green Rose Iljimae Prosecutor princess Resurrection Story of a Man Swallow the Sun Temptation Of An Angel The Devil The Princess's Man Time Between Dog And Wolf Also Queen of the Game and A Man Called God but I didn't wach them yet.
I'll add to the list:
Five Fingers
The best revenge drama I've ever seen is Revenge aka Buhwal/Resurrection/Life Again/Rebirth

Whenever I watch just a few scenes from this drama, or listen the soundtrack songs, or just see the pics I feel like something is dying inside of me, my heart is melting&hurting, it affects me from deep deep inside. I could say I feel it in each of my cells :)
Giant 9/10 resurrection 8/10 bad guy 8/10 pink lipstick 7/10
A Man's Story is the best revenge story ever. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. <3
bridal mask and may queen are 2 of revenged theme dramas i've watched
and both are very good