Popcxqueen:

This is an issue with blocking. Even if you block someone, you can still see their Forum posts and reviews. 

I vote for: once you block a user you cannot see anything about him/her and you cannot unblock him/her in order for you to be careful with the button.

One problem would be in the game section where you can find your archenemy indirectly because your contribution would not make sense, lol.

burhaa aadmi:

This post hiighlights the need for suggestions to have a specific downvote option, so that bad ideas don't get carried simply because there is no mechanisim for counting those against.  A more practical (and less controlling) option would be a "hide/expand" button. Used on many, many web forums, it shows only the first paragraph or 2 of a comment, and readers then can choose to press the "expand/reveal" button to see the rest if they wish to. 

I vote for this. If you put it in suggestions I will certainly vote for it.

ChoiDaeChulNumber1Fan:

There's already a spot for reviews where people can write essays as long as your arm.  When people put these in the comment section, they're not interested in back-and-conversations with other fans.  Nine times out of ten they're stroking their own ego, especially when they're using five-to-ten paragraphs just to insult anyone with differing taste. Please limit review posts in the comment section by limiting comment length.

most long post and comments could not even been viewed as reviews since they focus on just one aspect of the show, sometimes even just one or two scenes, or one character etc.

Everyone has a different way of expressing themselves, some write short comments, some write long ones. Personally, I'm one of the people writing essay long comments and post often, but to be nice towards other people so they don't have to scroll through it all, I usually post them marked as spoiler and then reply to my own post/comment saying it's a long analysis etc. Tho what burhaa aadmi  suggested, to automatically show only lets say few lines of comments and then someone would have to click "expand/reveal" to see it whole would solve the whole problem. No need to go as far as limiting the length of the comments overall. 

Not to mention it would not work out. People would just cut their long comment into parts and post them as separate comments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's not like the minimal number of symbols for reviews works either, people just copy paste the same "this show is amazing" x20 and post it as a review. People have their ways to go around the limits set for them.

Kate:
most long post and comments could not even been viewed as reviews since they focus on just one aspect of the show, sometimes even just one or two scenes, or one character etc.

This isn't true.  The ones I think need to be kept out of the comments ARE full reviews, focusing on the entirety of the show, often posted after someone has finished watching the whole series. 

burhaa aadmi:
This post hiighlights the need for suggestions to have a specific downvote option, so that bad ideas don't get carried simply because there is no mechanisim for counting those against.

We also need downvotes on comments so the shitty ones get hidden.

ChoiDaeChulNumber1Fan:

Well,  I blocked you, yet here you are. 

If you feel right then give your valuable thoughts and vote on it.

block feature need update 

burhaa aadmi:
This post hiighlights the need for suggestions to have a specific downvote option, so that bad ideas don't get carried simply because there is no mechanisim for counting those against.  

downvote  feature for  the comment.

Not reliable because those who do not agree with each other will downvote without valid reason.

burhaa aadmi:
A more practical (and less controlling) option would be a "hide/expand" button. Used on many, many web forums, it shows only the first paragraph or 2 of a comment, and readers then can choose to press the "expand/reveal" button to see the rest if they wish to.

one of the good option

AlfatogodeQFBere:
I vote for: once you block a user you cannot see anything about him/her and you cannot unblock him/her in order for you to be careful with the button.

If you feel right then give your valuable thoughts and vote on it.

block feature need update 

ChoiDaeChulNumber1Fan:
We also need downvotes on comments so the shitty ones get hidden.

ASTER:
downvote  feature for  the comment.

Not reliable because those who do not agree with each other will downvote without valid reason.
 ASTER:

No more unreliable than those who already upvote without a valid reason.

i think burhaa aadmi suggestion hide/expand right option for this issue .

ChoiDaeChulNumber1Fan:

This isn't true.  The ones I think need to be kept out of the comments ARE full reviews, focusing on the entirety of the show, often posted after someone has finished watching the whole series. 

Okay but HOW would the algorithm even differentiate between the "about the whole show" and just about specific one or two aspects of the show? Or just long reactions for specific episodes? Creating a length limit for comments would affect ALL comments not just a fraction of comments you are talking about. 

Kate:

Okay but HOW would the algorithm even differentiate between the "about the whole show" and just about specific one or two aspects of the show? Or just long reactions for specific episodes? Creating a length limit for comments would affect ALL comments not just a fraction of comments you are talking about. 

That's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.  Because when it comes down to it, I'm not going to read ANY post that long anyway.  It sounds like you're arguing for forcing people to look at things they don't want to see.  Why should I have to go out of my way to block someone, when there's already someplace else to put these long comments?

ChoiDaeChulNumber1Fan:

That's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.  Because when it comes down to it, I'm not going to read ANY post that long anyway. 

Well, I'm sorry, but the website cannot operate based on your personal preferences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just ignore the comments, but the idea that all users cannot share their thoughts in a manner that fits them, because you personally are uninterested in reading them is childish. 

Kate:

Well, I'm sorry, but the website cannot operate based on your personal preferences ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just ignore the comments, but the idea that all users cannot share their thoughts in a manner that fits them, because you personally are uninterested in reading them is childish. 

The idea that a private website should allow them to is just as childish, as is the idea that everyone should be interested in reading their thoughts. But that's why we have this suggestion board that lets us vote, isn't it?  Because it's not about my personal preferences, OR YOURS.