I have no points to vote but it would be perfect. Some of my friends don't feel safe, it's not because of the MDL website but because this world became awful, people are so bad and cruel. I hope this is the next MDL change. It's for good. 
Yeah, I'm totally with you, this has nothing to do with MDL. The admins are already doing such a great job making this website huge and fun and all...
but the thing is it's attracting a lot of attention lately, (because it keeps getting better and better and bigger and that's great! especially with the new features -streaming on MDL via dramafever) and people can easily come in. If we don't add privacy settings, soon the admins could be flooded with cases to innocent users being bullied or harassed here... 
This is an excellent idea that should probably take preference over other suggestions, just to give MDL users peace of mind. 
+2

great idea, I agree..
I would really like to see this.
I have no idea how to get points to vote, but I'd +3 the heck out of this idea if I could.
+3
Suggestion: Privacy on profile picture. 

I would give 3 votes but I have no more points left to vote for this but I totally agree with your suggestion. 
okay, as much s i'd like to vote. i can't. no points let.

honestly, everytime i post in my feeds i click the FRIENDS before the share button to see if i can customize it.
Totally agree with this! +1 vote! 

Having anybody see everything you write who isn't a friend of yours makes it really difficult to retain privacy. It would just be nice to feel like we don't have to worry about what we're posting... 

I love that this site feels very unlike Facebook and Twitter in that it's a very tightknit community and most people I've met so far are lovely, but as MDL gets busier, it's a worry on everyones minds that someday we may just end up with people who can upset the community vibe!
I agree with this especially after recent events.

I would +3 if I had votes. 
+3

Totally agree! This needs to done ASAP!! With MDL growing everyday, it feels different. I guess this is one of the reasons I don't post in feeds or comment much anymore. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. :)

The reason I joined MDL was because it was unlike other social sites and was a small, close knit community for dramawatchers. When did dramas get so popular, eh? ;P