QueerDudeGermany:

Don't forget Cambodia...all three Countries are starting with BLs in 2021. I think that's a big reason to add them on MDL :)

REALLY!!!!

Start with Vietnam first though, they are on another developmental level than Myanmar and Cambodia. And their media industry is both heavily influenced by as well as funded by other East Asian countries already on the website like South Korea and Japan

Xefjord:

Start with Vietnam first though, they are on another developmental level than Myanmar and Cambodia. And their media industry is both heavily influenced by as well as funded by other East Asian countries already on the website like South Korea and Japan

really.

Xefjord:

True! 

So my next Vietnamese Drama will be "Sea him". I hope it will be a good one

Just FYI guys, another Vietnamese BL is coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsFyrEa0iQ

I think there's a reason why Vietnam and many other countries aren't included here. They're not popular enough. Just reviewing this thread, you can see everyone is here due to BL web dramas, which accounts for less than 5% of all Viet dramas. If Vietnam is included, not many ppl will care to add dramas not from BL genre, so Vietnam will look empty. I think the website is trying to prevent that from happening.

TTVN:

I think there's a reason why Vietnam and many other countries aren't included here. They're not popular enough. Just reviewing this thread, you can see everyone is here due to BL web dramas, which accounts for less than 5% of all Viet dramas. If Vietnam is included, not many ppl will care to add dramas not from BL genre, so Vietnam will look empty. I think the website is trying to prevent that from happening.

I have zero interest in BL and I have only watched straight romance dramas from Vietnam. The BL community just seems to be the most vocal, but I can guarantee there is non-boys love fans here.

Xefjord:

I have zero interest in BL and I have only watched straight romance dramas from Vietnam. The BL community just seems to be the most vocal, but I can guarantee there is non-boys love fans here.

That's cool! I hope Vietnam makes more and better non-BL works, because there are more bad shows than good, and it's a pain to try and look for the good ones.

TTVN:

That's cool! I hope Vietnam makes more and better non-BL works, because there are more bad shows than good, and it's a pain to try and look for the good ones.

Honestly the "more bad shows than good" felt true to me for Japanese and Chinese dramas for the longest time. and they have always been on this website. Only in the last couple of years did it feel like Japan and China have upped their game enough to have many shows worth watching.

Ok can someone help me??? I watched Nation's Brother, Sea Him, Follow My Sunshine e You Are Ma Boy.

There is another BL I can watch?? 🥺

outrojean:

Ok can someone help me??? I watched Nation's Brother, Sea Him, Follow My Sunshine e You Are Ma Boy.

I can't guarantee if they are any good since everyone has different opinions, but have you tried watching My Sky, Stage of Love, or Comet, I Love You?

*Note if you need Eng subs, I had a hard time finding any for the one episode of C,ILY, so I had to watch the Spanish subbed one I found.

outrojean:

World-of-bl.com has a database that has the Vietnamese BLs and where to watch them, just click on Country Order in the top left.  Warning, many of them have some pretty poor production quality, and some of them are obviously just student projects, but a few are worth a watch.  Sea Him, Tien Bromance (in all its incarnations), Neighbor Guy, The Time Adventure Of TO AN (I love Adam Lam... he's so fierce), FOOLs - NHỮNG KẺ KHỜ, Happiness Flies Far Away (cinematography is amaaaazing),  Nation's Brother, Follow My Sunshine, and  My Little Sister (woo!woo! GL!) are good places to start.

TTVN:

Don't know if it's right but the Phillipines are, as far as i know, also not that Popular for outstanding Dramas outside the BL-Genre but they are represented in MDL.

BTW: I've dropped "Sea Him" after the first Episode, the Characters were quit annoying, anyone knows if it's getting better after some Time?

QueerDudeGermany:
I've dropped "Sea Him" after the first Episode, the Characters were quit annoying, anyone knows if it's getting better after some Time?

I suppose it depends on why you found them annoying?  I liked it, even though it wastes two and a half episodes with my least favorite BL trope, the EVILLL Girlfriend.  But I also made it through all of So Much in Love with its horrendous subs and managed to enjoy it, so my tolerance level is high.  Also, I've watched a few things now with Phạm Minh Hữu Tiến and Phạm Huỳnh Hữu Tài as the leads (all in the Tiến Universe) and I like their chemistry together.  

newgrl:

I suppose it depends on why you found them annoying?  I liked it, even though it wastes two and a half episodes with my least favorite BL trope, the EVILLL Girlfriend.  But I also made it through all of So Much in Love with its horrendous subs and managed to enjoy it, so my tolerance level is high.  Also, I've watched a few things now with Phạm Minh Hữu Tiến and Phạm Huỳnh Hữu Tài as the leads (all in the Tiến Universe) and I like their chemistry together.  

The Girl with the stutter wasn't that funny at all, but maybe it's getting better and she comes as a interesting Character.  Never watched something of the both Main-Actors and their chemitry wasn't that good for me.

BTW "So much in Love" was also a Show that i dropped, so my tolerance Level tendeneces more to Zero ;) But sometimes i give Shows a second chance, like "Why R U?" or "He's coming to me", even if the first Episode didn't kicked me