I agree too, that it would be nice to have Vietnamese dramas here, but I also can't vote.

kardasx:

I agree too, that it would be nice to have Vietnamese dramas here, but I also can't vote.

I guess votes don't matter anything at all...

I agree.  Some of their BL dramas are really good.

Neyes:

I'm really getting that impression as well. 

I mean, I understand why we don't have places like Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and other countries that aren't big producers for audiences outside of their own countries (though I do watch BL's from all of them) but Vietnam has a pretty good, and reasonably lengthy, list of available shows. They really should be included here. 

Neyes:

I've been feeling that recently. There's been voting forums made for awhile but the features don't get added. Not sure what's the most vote a forum needs for the update to made.

kajirae:

I'm really getting that impression as well. 

I mean, I understand why we don't have places like Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and other countries that aren't big producers for audiences outside of their own countries (though I do watch BL's from all of them) but Vietnam has a pretty good, and reasonably lengthy, list of available shows. They really should be included here. 

Where are you watching these? I would love to see something from the countries you mentioned!!

There are many available on Viki.

From Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar? Viki in my region doesn’t show any of those? What are they called?

newbiefan:

Where are you watching these? I would love to see something from the countries you mentioned!!

Mostly on YouTube, but GagaOOLala will occasionally have some of the other countries as well. But, when it comes to BL's from countries that aren't known for it, then you usually need to look for small production companies. Some good examples on YouTube would be 99film Official. Ō2 Productions, AB Studio, Direk Cyruz TV, MLV Film Production, Series and movies Laos, Strongberry. TRUST Entertainment....  just to make a few. 

newbiefan:

For BL's:

https://world-of-bl.com/index.php/Main/Shows-Country

Scroll down the country, click on the link of any of them.   World of BL will have links to each episode up.  Most of them are honestly on Youtube.  

Also, on Youtube, if you just search for Vietnamese Drama with English sub, quite a few non-BL dramas and movies can be found.  Laos Drama with English Sub finds a few.... etc.  

abcameo:

There are many available on Viki.

I'm in North America and Viki only has BL's from Thailand, Korea, Japan and Taiwan, with the Chinese "bromance" edited content as well, as far as I know. I wish they carried other countries as well. 

kajirae:

I'm in North America and Viki only has BL's from Thailand, Korea, Japan and Taiwan, with the Chinese "bromance" edited content as well, as far as I know. I wish they carried other countries as well. 

That is true. I'm in Canada and that's all I get from Viki. If I want vietnamese stuff I have to use Youtube and there are a couple on Gagaoolala. 

I'm in the US and my Viki has 28 dramas and films from Vietnam available, including one of my favorite BL's, Goodbye Mother.

Popcxqueen:

I'm in the US and my Viki has 28 dramas and films from Vietnam available, including one of my favorite BL's, Goodbye Mother. 

Butc are all 28 of those dramas and films BL's?? Because I highly doubt it. I don't think they're looking for random dreams and movies, but rather BL's specifically. Also, they were asking about other countries such as Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, etc.

This thread is called "Add Vietnam to the Database next" so it's about more than just BL's. The replies on this larger thread are about many of us wanting to add Vietnam to MDL, it's not a BL-specific thread.  

It's also not about the other countries mentioned, but it's not a problem adding to the conversation for a few replies, but this thread is specifically for voting to add Vietnam - something that hundreds of us would like to see, but so far has had no movement towards.