Why has this not happened yet?

If they don't want LGBTQ+ then why include countries like Thailand, Malaysia, Japan, Korea and China in this. All countries have this genre. I believe it is up to the individual if they wish to watch this genre be it from Vietnam or any other country. It is hypocritical if that is the reason for not including Vietnam. Surely not all their productions are gay. I like certain genres and those I watch, no matter the country, but some I don't watch as I don't like those genres. It is our choice to watch the genres and if you wish for more diversity show more Asian countries no matter what the genre. It is only fair, and this is my personal opinion. Bring in more variety of countries and let us see the talent.

Although I've never seen a Vietnamese drama/movie, I like that MDL brought my attention to new countries' productions that I wouldn't have been introduced to otherwise. With so many votes, Vietnam definitely deserves to be the next country to be added. Lending my vote to it. 

Agreed love Vietnamese shows MDL does an amazing job with the current database I hope one day to see all Asian shows listed but for sure Vietnam should be next 

Please, yes, add Vietnam. We've been asking for this since... 2017 I think. I seriously think the moderators have some kind of bias, if not outright prejudice.

This is the one thing holding up my ability to use MDL as a 'one-stop' source.

mlpqlm:

Please, yes, add Vietnam. We've been asking for this since... 2017 I think. I seriously think the moderators have some kind of bias, if not outright prejudice.

Same here!!!

mlpqlm:

Absolutely agree. The timing on this request isn’t normal. Something isn’t right with someone in the business. They can do all the R&D for an app, but can’t use the volunteers that build this database for free to input Vietnamese movies and series and the actors into it as they go? Like… This is super frustrating… disgustingly so. There is an obvious huge issue here nobody is talking about. 6+ years is plenty of time to at least START with one of something.

JacobHuggins:

Absolutely agree. The timing on this request isn’t normal. Something isn’t right with someone in the business. They can do all the R&D for an app, but can’t use the volunteers that build this database for free to input Vietnamese movies and series and the actors into it as they go? Like… This is super frustrating… disgustingly so. There is an obvious huge issue here nobody is talking about. 6+ years is plenty of time to at least START with one of something.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! However, I'll add to the issue -- there's a streaming service that many of us use for BL's, gay, lesbian & queer media called GagaOOLala-- "the powers that be" also refuse to add the service into the list of places you can watch shows. So, if there's something on Viki, WeTV, iQIYI, Netflix, etc then it will be listed in the info section... but if it's shown on GagaOOLala, then forget it. They won't add it on, so you'll never know what's showing from that service!!

kajirae:

I agree with you wholeheartedly! However, I'll add to the issue -- there's a streaming service that many of us use for BL's, gay, lesbian & queer media called GagaOOLala-- "the powers that be" also refuse to add the service into the list of places you can watch shows. So, if there's something on Viki, WeTV, iQIYI, Netflix, etc then it will be listed in the info section... but if it's shown on GagaOOLala, then forget it. They won't add it on, so you'll never know what's showing from that service!!

Interestinger and interestinger. Something's up.

Just my luck, GagaOOLala is the one BL streaming service I pay for; can't afford any more.

I know this thread is all about Vietnam but let me add an interesting Cambodian/Khmer drama: My Croissant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDX6juXro6w 

Anybody know of any other Cambodian/Khmer series on YouTube with english subs?

On another, exciting note:

Mr Cinderella is getting a season two!

newbiefan:

I know this thread is all about Vietnam but let me add an interesting Cambodian/Khmer drama: My Croissant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDX6juXro6w 

Anybody know of any other Cambodian/Khmer series on YouTube with english subs?

On another, exciting note:

Mr Cinderella is getting a season two!

Here are the ones I know about...

Hate = Love (Cambodia)

Boy Toy (Cambodia)

My Croissant (Cambodia)

I want to add BL ViAn to this site (with the actors) but it’s Vietnamese. I have noticed some Vietnamese actors and actresses on this site, but it would be awesome if everything was approved just so I can document that I watched it ??

Wonderfully Scarred:

I want to add BL ViAn to this site (with the actors) but it’s Vietnamese. I have noticed some Vietnamese actors and actresses on this site, but it would be awesome if everything was approved just so I can document that I watched it ??

I feel the same way I have watched many Vietnamese shows, and I'd really like to document which ones I've seen!!

Vietnam has released quite a lot of good martial art movies.  I'm anxious as next year, my Canadian country will have the series with the most Vietnamese actors & Actresses with Robert Downey Jr.   called the sympathizer based from the writer who is a Vietnamese refugee and the director is the famous Old Boy Korean director