Hello~

I found some lists by other people that are interesting and I would like to save them but it doesn't allow me to? I thought clicking the heart on them would save it but apparently not. Is there a way to save other people's lists in my profile or am I just going to have to bookmark on browser? 

Unfortunately, there is none method to save other people list.  You need to bookmark on the browser. 

Create a list of your favorite lists on your profile and then link to those pages. This will prevent cluttering up your browser bookmarks. Some user profiles have extensive list of just about anything. Link to their profiles.

DarylJ:

Create a list of your favorite lists on your profile and then link to those pages. This will prevent cluttering up your browser bookmarks. Some user profiles have extensive list of just about anything. Link to their profiles.

that's a pretty good idea.   while i still want to save a list to my profile and/or copy a list to my profile so i can edit/add to it,  this is a good start.

Vote here if you are interested in the 2nd  feature:  https://mydramalist.com/discussions/suggestions/30554-copy-someone-else-s-custom-list-to-my-profile