Hello all! I have never seen a Thai drama before but I would like to start watching them. 

Is there anyone kind enough to recommend a few good ones for me? I would really appreciate it! 

Oh and they must have English subtitles available orelse I cant watch them! Thank you in advance! 

Check my list here..

https://mydramalist.com/list/73DnnJk1

And also these:

• Full House
  • Kiss Me
  • Koo Za Rot Zab
  • Ugly Duckling Series: Perfect Match
  • Paragit Ruk Series: Yeut Fah Ha Pigat Ruk
  • Duang Jai Akkanee

Thank you so much for the recommendations I really appreciate it and I will try to check them all out as soon as possible! ^_^

Ugly Duckling series: Don't ( I loved it)

I second Full House and Kiss Me. Those are my first Thai dramas and continue to be my favorites. 

I watch series are okay as well but I prefer stuff like this better

Fai Lang Fai

Leh Ratree

Padiwaradda

Cubic

Ngao Asoke 2008

Plerng Boon

If you are not open to heavy portrayal of abuse, gender inequality and misogyny (though most asian dramas are lined by patriarchy), cable tv (GMM, GDH, True4U) dramas could serve as a guideline. Most of my favourites were already mentioned above, but to add on, try Hormones (all seasons were great), Project S the Series (halfway through SPIKE- SO GOOD!) and Gaso Hug. 

P.s. Most Thai movies are better than the lakorns/dramas (prolly due to bigger budget), do check them out when you're on a drama drought!

Lilly RoSe:

m a big fan of mike a thai actor i would like to recommnd u his few series. thx me later :) 

full house

my little princces

delicious destiny

mr swimmer

I suggest you to watch Kleun Cheewit if you like heavy plots. 

Kluen Cheewit

Leh Ratree

Neung Nai Suang

Princess Hours

Karn La Krang Neung

Ugly Duckling Series

These are some of my favorites that I think would be ok for beginners 

Hmmm some of my favorites (other than some already mentioned)

Rak Tong Oom

Fah Jarod Sai

Cheewit Puer Kah Hua Jai Puer Tur

Morrasoom Sawad

Pin Anong 

Samee

Sawan Biang

Song Hua Jai Nee Puer Ther

Hua Jai Teuan

Raeng Tawan

Cupid Series

Cubic

Leh Ratree 2015 version

Thank you all for the many suggestions I feel like I have material to look for that will last for months!!! My favorite genres are rather dark themed dramas with gangsters and crime investigations etc but I do watch rom-com too and also BL from time to time when I would like something lighter and funny. 

Table122000:

Prissana (2000)- starring Tik & Taya. One of the all time best Lakorns. It's a historical drama set in the 1930's  and based on a famous Thai novel known as the "Pride & Prejudice of Thailand".  It is a gem well worth seeking out, although subbed episodes are hard to find.  You can find info  about where to find subs at the MDL page for this drama.

This was one of the first I saw with Tik and I LOVED it - are you excited for the remake of Dung Duang Harutai too?  . I started watching more lakorns but when I found some with Por Thrisadee I became a big fan. I watched everything with him :) . 

ClaudiaK:

Thank you all for the many suggestions I feel like I have material to look for that will last for months!!! My favorite genres are rather dark themed dramas with gangsters and crime investigations etc but I do watch rom-com too and also BL from time to time when I would like something lighter and funny. 

gangster/crime  hmmmm let me think....Mafia Tee Rak, Nang Rai, Mafia Luerd Mongkorn series, The Sixth Sense/Rak Boon series, Cheewit Puer Kah Hua Jai Puer Tur, Cubic,  Karn La Krang Neung Nai Hua Jai, Yok Luerd Munkorn,  Lueat Tat Lueat, Tawan Tud Burapa

For lighter and funny and some BL - you can check out GMM TV on youtube - they actually put ENG subs on some of their series (Ugly Duckling, Kiss, Perfect Match, SOTUS  etc) 

Thai lakorns are usually spicier and saucier - there can be slap/kiss, forced intimacy (usually don't much more than light kissing - and then implied actions due to censorship rules) , you will usually really dislike the Nang' Rai (second female lead/usually evil), be flabbergasted by the good innocence of the Nang'ek (main female),  want to hit the Pra'ek (male lead) until sense falls into his brain, ship the Pra Rong (second male lead) LOL .