Gummy_Marshmallow:

This will be a great help definitely :) , esp. watch something mentioned in article(MDL challenge).

I'll go on a search for more fan guide's of Thai actors and actresses to add. ^^

Edit: Just did and there are no more. Seriously need more authors for Thai related articles. 

did you guys know about drama where the male gets tape mouth/gagged scene?

i_knoww123:

did you guys know about drama where the male gets tape mouth/gagged scene?

Still fairly confident that the picture you showed is from a cdrama, not a thai drama. Have you tried one of the cdrama forums or clubs?

AthenaTheStorierX:

Still fairly confident that the picture you showed is from a cdrama, not a thai drama. Have you tried one of the cdrama forums or clubs?

do you have the cdramas club?? i can’t find it

i_knoww123:

do you have the cdramas club?? i can’t find it

I don't. Sorry. But you could post a forum thread (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/chinese-drama-movies) with all the details you remember and the picture (you can use this link from your past post in feeds: https://i.mydramalist.com/edj7W_3f.jpg). 

TITLES WATCHED IN JANUARY

I have watched 32 titles this month.

Reader may or may not agree with my opinions. In any case, I would like to hear your Point of view.

U-PRINCE: THE CRAZY ARTIST - 8.5/10 - Mainly, I watched this because I wanted to complete U-prince series. It was good start of the year. 

U-PRINCE: THE AMBITIOUS BOSS - 7.5/10 - Been on-hold for long. I was annoyed by Mook's character.

THE BLUE HOUR - 5.5/10 - I kind of didn't get the story. I know it has psychological perspective to it, but still could have been better.

I'M TEE, ME TOO - 9/10 - It was funny, at same time it reflected importance of friendship. Good friendship can create magic in your life and get you through the atrocities of life.

HIGHLAND: THAILAND'S MARIJUANA AWAKENING - 8/10 - Educational, about Thailand and Positive use of marijuana. 

BAKER BOYS - 6/10 - Haven't watched original yet ... Planning to do so. All the actors were familiar to me. They played their characters well, interactions were good too. Comic timings and the way their friendship turned out was all good, but I was waiting for mystery to unfold in better way alas, it didn't worked out for me.

LET'S FIGHT GHOST - 9/10 - Watched the original before. It was good, on main couple's part. Supporting characters were the one that made it more fun to watch. Ghost stories were almost similar. It was a well done remake.

SONG RUK SONG WINYARN - 8/10 - I wanted to watch it for a long time now, because of Beam Kawee being in the main role. It was funny. Considering the time it was released in I think it was really good. 

DIARY OF TOOTSIES - 8/10 - I loved it. I wanted to give it a 10 but I didn't like how certain stereotypes were shown as it is and they didn't try to break away from them. I know it is still considered as a culture shock in asian countries, but still it would have been helpful to understand things better with wider pov.

2GETHER - 7/10 - Our same old college romance, nothing special but still a good watch.

MY BUBBLE TEA - 8.5/10 - Unexpectedly good. Interesting and fun to watch. For the first time, I liked Love Triangle Tag. Though my stats state otherwise, I don't like love triangles esp. when they get messy, when words and actions of 2nd Leads don't match. 

MONKEY TWINS - 8/10 - For the first time I liked action scenes in any Thai Drama. Story was simple, nothing much to it, Acting was good. I loved the traditional plays.

THE SAND PRINCESS 7.5/10 - Not that bad, but wasn't anything new either. Every man in FL's life took her for granted. She literally had no life of her own. 

BAD GENIUS - 8.5/10 - As good as movie. Thrilling experience, since all of us has been there at least once, although not to the point of international scam. One can make mistakes, esp. in their youth but if they learn from their mistakes and turn over a new leaf, what can be more meaningful than that. Even the best of us can make mistakes.

SENIOR SECRET LOVE: MY LIL BOY - 6.5/10 - Okay... sweet young love, but seriously characterisation could have been better. Since, school kids are well known to be bizarre, it was a fine watch.

YUTTAKARN PRAB NANG MARN - 8/10 - I felt it was too long, maybe because I choose to watch it when I was tired already. Lead couple's chemistry was really good. Fun to watch, but they could have improved her father's character at least (Worst Character ever - He was a jerk all this time and still has the face to ask others "Was I that wrong?, I don't know what I have done so wrong").

SHE DEVIL - 7.5/10 - Was supposed to be horror, but turned out to be a sweet story. 

PAD THAI, SECRET RECIPE - 8/10 - A very good blend of Family emotions.

SUAY SORN KOM - 6.5/10 - Other Twin was not needed, .... sry xD. I really don't get it, why was his character needed, when he didn't had enough screen time. Secondly, Jia ing or Fake Ping  was clearly a criminal offender, stealing someone's identity, attempted murder, illegal house arrest and illegal use of medical resources  so why did male lead was so stupid to think that the only way to keep this woman away from his family was to marry her (just because he slept with her which wasn't needed either), when clearly she could have made to jail on red carpet. The only reason for this rating is acting by the female actresses and bit of effort put into business dynamics nothing new though.

ZOMBIE FIGHTERS - 7/10 - Not new considering zombie concept, but being a Thai movie make it good already. 

QUEENS OF LANGKASUKA - 8/10 - Strong Female Characters. It was a well made movie.

PLERNG BOON - 7/10 - Okayyyy ... I have lot to say on this one. I have no problem with infidelity plots, back stabbing friend, jerk male lead, ... everything is fine ...  just don't equate naive = stupid .... I'm happy FL took stand for herself though it was late. She clearly had idea what was going to happen, but she turned blind eye to it. Oh come on ... She may be your bestie, your husband's ex but right now you should set your priorities accordingly, you are no longer college going youngster anymore. Since he chose to marry you no matter what the reason, currently he is rightfully yours. 

Secondly, I was so mad when they ruined Wan's (FL's sister-Bua's character) story, I thought she would end up with Terd with no nonsense trouble, but here we go ....  it was so important to unnecessarily entangle him into main character's life..... I never saw him interacting with FL romantically and never I felt he was interested in her ... they didn't even met that often .... The way they wrapped it as he was not clear about his feelings was so bizarre ... I thought he was a mature character esp. after what he went through ... really this part of story was unnecessary .. if they wanted to buy some time for Rerng to ruin our couple's life more they could have done it in another way ... Up to this point it was going well after this I was like no .. no ... not at all .. no way.

I liked FL's co-workers and the parents.

My energy is drained in writing this one, next ones are one liners.  xD

MAGIC OF ZERO - 7.5/10 - All the stories were cute, but I liked Zero in the moonlight more. 

LOVE DESTINY: THE MOVIE - 8.5/10 - As good as the drama. Fun to watch.

THAI CAVE RESCUE - 9/10 - LOVED IT. From all the above stated shows I liked this more. Life can turn upside down on the brink of the moment.

GIRL FROM NOWHERE S2 - 8/10 - Not as exciting as the first one, but stories were still powerful.

ATM 2: KOO VER ERROR ER RAK - 7.5/10 - Funny, but like in the first one it was more work related, here it is about their married life more. It could have been better.

I WANNA BE A SUP'TAR - 7/10 - Okay drama. It was too long, honestly, I was bored :), but there were some funny moments that helped me survive it.

SECRET GARDEN - 8/10 - Good Watch. The only problem, I had with this one was that, FL was a tough character but when they switched she turns into someone weak, which was a bit off. 

INNOCENT LIES - 5/10 - Nahhh!! ML was supposed to be smart .... if he is smart then everyone in this world is smart. Also, I didn't knew when they fell for each other, I think they wanted to make it fast paced but according to me it went expressway that I didn't see development in their relationship. It felt like they already knew each other, just needed confirmation (Love at first sight doesn't justify this for me either). According to dynamics of the drama, Orn being good at manipulating, convinced FL that ML is an abusive husband, so they should have taken their time to know each other. Parin and Mita were really overused ... xD ... I think this would have been better show if they showed Mind Games b/w Gun and Orn through Divorce process and it's effect on their child Pim. There should have been enough interaction b/w Wimala and Pim. Using Characters from so wayree only at big revelation could have been a plus point. I liked Wimala most when she took stand for herself,  but then again she end up getting hurt by Orn's manipulation. Acting was good, esp. Preaw.

TIE ME (K)NOT - 8.5/10 -  Refreshing and new approach to lakorns. ML is rational but impatient person whereas FL is strong but became paranoid after facing abusive marriage. I read the comments, some people think ML's behaviour sometime is off character, but I think that justify his impatient nature. We can clearly imagine if one person is impatient and the other has shut off her feelings,  how their relationship would turn out to be. I liked the story. FL's father was beyond help, even if they gave him redemption arc. In reality, we meet ignorant people like him though, they could have made him less hateful. I was waiting for secondary couple's ship to sail(properly), but it drowned even before that. :(   

DONG DOK MAI - 2.5/10 - 4 words THIS WAS NOT NEEDED. If not for Push, I wouldn't have given this score either. In this day and age, I don't think this was worth it.

To be honest, I wasn't planning to watch this. I started watching You touched my heart and I wanted to watch something with Push that I could binge. Alas, I had already watched all of his previous works except Club Friday series and I didn't wanted to rewatch yet so I decided to go with this one. Also, from the comments it seemed that it was the last thing anyone would watch and being a curious person I wanted to know how bad it could be. :)

Everyone played their part well so no comments on actors. Except for Pim and Pinky I knew everyone before. Story ... well it was not there to begin with ... has lot of plot holes. They could have added 80% more effort .. sry :)

Actually, I laughed a lot while watching this, not because it was funny ?  but I kept thinking how anyone could turn 180 so quick. I know it is a fiction, but still going 90 first then 180 could be believable.

Genuinely, I laughed every time Phong was in the scene, Push pulled this off really well. A honest(straightforward) jerk. His character was most consistent than any other, being a jerk till the end, at least he doesn't put any facade. You could feel him like - "Yes I'm player, so what. Not that any of you really loved me or what."  All of them wanted something from him, he gave them whatever they want incl. "FL" - (Understand the reason behind the quotes), and then they would come back like spineless person "Why did you do that to me?" I'm not taking sides, of course all his actions were questionable, but he was clear of what he was doing, every girl in his life knew that still they didn't left. What else can you say? It was not like he forced them to stay.

First time watching Pinky, I love her voice. Her character could be considered strong at least more than that of "FL". They showed her as a headstrong businesswoman, why not keep it till end. They made her into weak person who goes back to rely on ML's mercy. Even tough she was the one who handled everything for him. Killing her was not at all justified.

Oh my...  Mew, I watched her in Dao Kon La Duang, no way I would have imagined this. She is a good actress. Looking forward to watch more of her. Her character Bua, she was really off chart no words for her. ? 

I have seen Benz in Ran Dok Ngiw .. oh god .. she is a good actress why she got 2 back to back shows with a jerk of a husband ?. Her character was similar to previous one but less toxic, you can clearly see difference b/w two.

New's character was there just to justify that all men are not bad, apart from that they neither took his profession seriously nor him as a person. Overall all he was a good guy fell into bad people's game. I felt that he shouldn't end up with FL  Zero to no romantic interaction, just rushed for the ending 

Oh the last one ... Chitsamai, I don't know why I couldn't get into her character, maybe the character or the actor, .. I don't know .. for me she was not part of the show .. sry .. for me she was just the beginning 1 ep, ending 1 ep, ... 1-2 eps for screwing over other FLs that's it.

Similarly to Suay Sorn Kom, this one also has nothing to do with law. Who knows what is that? It's not that I have not watched shows like this earlier and have not rated them better than this, but at least there was always 1 reason to do so, here they just let off everyone who did wrong, as I said earlier they could have made to jail on red carpet. Funniest of all, the one who went to jail, they brought her back just to screw ML.

Though they were cut from the same cloth as their father, still the only character I felt bad for was the father. He had 3 children, none of them were in their right mind. lol For no reason, the sister attempted suicide. Why?? esp. over a man who you met 2 days ago (wasn't in love either) and not over your husband (not needed either)

Three things I liked in this drama:-

1. Opening theme

2. Costumes

3. Acting (Let's leave the story behind, they did their job.) 

Thanks for reading patiently.

You watched A LOT o.O *applause*

Gummy_Marshmallow:
THE SAND PRINCESS - 7.5/10 - Not that bad, but was anything new either. Every man in FL's life took her for granted. She literally had no life of her own. 

Ah, I have to agree. She let it happen but it was still frustrating to see the way she was treated.

Gummy_Marshmallow:
YUTTAKARN PRAB NANG MARN - 8/10 - I felt it was too long, maybe because I choose to watch it when I was tired already. Lead couple's chemistry was really good. Fun to watch, but they could have improved her father's character at least (Worst Character ever - He was a jerk all this time and still has the face to ask others "Was I that wrong?, I don't know what I have done so wrong").

Haha I really liked this one although I agree it was a tad too long. But boy did Baifern perform great! This role of hers is now my golden standard for rich spoiled heiresses. I actually loved her character because she didn't look down on anyone on the premise of position but only demanded a lot - which is no less than she demanded from herself. She was often rude and had no filter but Baifern managed to always keep her human side in sight. Not to mention that she was mostly right whenever she threw tantrums xD And what a contrast compared to The Sand Princess - Baifern is a seriously good actress. I also liked the relationship between the leads because it was the opposite of what lakorns usually give us xD Regarding the father - HE IS ABYSMAL. Truly never encountered a worse non-villain. The stepmother and her daughter were a lot of fun :)

Jelena Petrovic:
You watched A LOT

? :) Yes, Every year Jan and Dec are only 2 months when I'm more than free.

Baifern is indeed one of the finest Actress, loved her since The Fallen Leaf.

Gummy_Marshmallow:
THE BLUE HOUR - 5.5/10 - I kind of didn't get the story. I know it has psychological perspective to it, but still could have been better.

I'm impressed by the number of titles you watched.
I watched Blue Hour twice before I understood the story so I totally  get the confusion. :D

Gummy_Marshmallow:
SHE DEVIL - 7.5/10 - Was supposed to be horror, but turned out to be a sweet story. 

I am impressed by your complete list. Congrats! She Devil is one of my favorite romantic movies. That horror tag confuses people. lol  It is so low key. It was sweet when he carried her on his back. 

Slowly warming up for the challenge :)

Endless Love - 8.5/10 - I haven't seen the original Taiwanese version so I have no idea how closely this remake followed the story. The plot is soapy and predictable but the leads' performances and chemistry saved it. Lee and Violette were amazing, so natural in their body language and interactions. They seem to have a similar acting style and they play off each other well. For their sake I added a whole star to my rating, otherwise it would have been 7.5/10. The rest if the cast did a good job too. As for the story, the first half was sweet while the second half was utterly frustrating. I stand by my opinion that ML is the biggest victim here. His behavior wasn't always right, but for me it was far more jarring how much the other characters were gaslighting him and turning him into a bad guy while trying to find excuses for their own much worse actions out of supposedly good intentions. Positive side is that even what seemed nonsensical in the earlier part of the drama became logical later. Overall a good watch.

Bad Guys - 8.5/10 - Lol. I loved this more than I expected. This is also a remake of a drama I didn't watch, so no comparisons. Lots of violence and blood, and I mean A LOT. The plot has loads of holes and it is best watched without asking if anything related to the police and legal system makes sense xD But I still loved it - because of the characters. They were awesome and kudos to the cast, great performances. They made them feel human. My favorite was Yak. Race and the inspector were also intriguing grey characters. Interactions between the squad members were the best parts with lots of funny moments. I wish Sky was fleshed out better, he was a promising character in the beginning but became sidelined later. He was more of a plot point than a character. The main story was actually developed well and flashbacks were used in the right places. The villain's motivation is a good point and the drama manages to be thought-provoking. Very bingeable.

Just started Love and Deception and it's so weird. Everything is happening super fast, we got a 2 year time skip in the first 15 minutes lmao. The first episode was so packed with events that I  felt like I've already watched a half of a normal lakorn, and yet the story has barely started. I'm not impressed with acting, looks like none of the cast is really trying. Also camera work is so bad that it feels like something filmed in 2002 instead of 2022. I do hope it gets better.

Edit: there is a significant change in tone and camera work quality mid ep. 2. As if they had a look at the disaster of ep. 1 and said "Ok guys, we're turning a new leaf!" xD Comedy kicks in and actors are getting more into their roles.

I Started this month with a Thai drama, and I'm ending with one. 

Dong Dok Mai - 2.5/10 -If you are interested :) For full rant, read my previous post I updated there.

ManUtiavN on couch potat:
I watched Blue Hour twice before I understood the story so I totally  get the confusion. :D

I'll try rewatching next year. :)

Anusaya:
That horror tag confuses people. lol

Yes. Carrying a ghost on his back  If it were me, I would have died then n there. I may not be scared of watching horror movies, but experiencing one. NO thanks ? 

Jelena Petrovic:
Slowly warming up for the challenge :)

All the best!! 

Endless Love & Love and Deception, both are on my PTW.

Gummy_Marshmallow:
Dong Dok Mai - 2.5/10 -If you are interested :) For full rant, read my previous post I updated there.

I'm so sorry you did.  My original review (which has been toned down from the original rant  lol) is all about the story. I didn't want to give anyone hope with 'the actors' were good. I thought I was the only one that noticed the extra male character, he was so out of place.  I had hopes.

Anusaya:
My original review

I read (not original one) that before I went to the battlefield lol. It helped me tone down my expectations.

Anusaya:
I thought I was the only one that noticed the extra male character, he was so out of place.

Yeah! All along I felt ... Buddy why r u here just go.... live a happy life ... let them fight over a man like cats ..it has nothing to do with you