Challenge 10 (Duration): is that for movies or drama episodes?

For Challenge 5: Thai Remakes

Do they have to be drama remakes of dramas? Like it cant be a movie remake of a movie, or a drama remake of a movie, etc.?

AthenaTheStorierX:

For Challenge 5: Thai Remakes

Do they have to be drama remakes of dramas? Like it cant be a movie remake of a movie, or a drama remake of a movie, etc.?

The remake is valid whether it's a drama or a film, regardless of the original source.

AthenaTheStorierX:

Challenge 10 (Duration): is that for movies or drama episodes?

Both, I believe.

How's everyone's watching going? I've been very slow in the past 2-3 months, looks like I'm currently in a cdrama phase xD I only completed a handful of dramas for this challenge, mostly shorter ones:

Great Men Academy - 9.0/10 - Finally watched it since I couldn't include it in last year's challenge. Adorable, I loved the guys. The school felt a bit unreal, especially the contest part and its broadcast, but I think it's meant to be metaphorical. Overall very good execution of the premise.

Return Man - 9.0/10 - This was so good! The cast is excellent. Some of the cases are a bit oversimplified but it doesn't take away from the charm of the drama. Alek and Pat's chemistry is off the charts and they worked together so well. Funny and heartwarming, highly recommended.

Tanman - 7.0/10 - Meh. A promising (albeit not original) concept with a lackluster execution. Lots of nonsense and a super obvious villain. Tay and Maprang are cute but they couldn't save this. With a small number of episodes somehow it felt underdeveloped and draggy at the same time.

Midnight Museum - 6.0/10 - Writers and directors had no idea what they were doing here. Stellar cast did their best with a complete mess of a script. There are dramas which successfully kept me entertained despite stupidity and lack of direction, but this is not one of them.

Behind the Revenge - 5.5/10 - This is a hard pass. Could have been good because they chose the back-and-forth storytelling which worked really well and provided some thrill. Problem is that they focused way too much on the villains to the point that the leads didn't feel like the leads at all (they also weren't particularly likeable either), while the said villains weren't someone to root for - which resulted in a complete lack of characters to connect with. Not recommended. Really good acting by Bee and Aon though.

I Told Sunset About You - 7.5/10 - Apparently I'm in the minority here but I didn't enjoy this drama at all. I'm not giving it a low rating because I'm aware it's not objectively bad, however there were so many things which made it less and less enjoyable towards the end. For starters, it felt painfully slow and too focused on being artistic. Duration could have been cut to half and the amount of actual content would have remained the same. There were several weird moments in the plot and too much unnecessary drama. PP Krit's acting was very good. On the other hand, Billkin's acting and facial expressions were so distracting and awkward. Never seen him act before but I'm curious if that's how he always acts or he thought it would be fitting for this character.

Jelena Petrovic:
How's everyone's watching going? I've been very slow in the past 2-3 months, looks like I'm currently in a cdrama phase xD I only completed a handful of dramas for this challenge, mostly shorter ones:

Despite the titles, mainly BLs that I watched as well as The Revenge that I liked, I haven't officially started my challenge. I'm not in the mood at the moment. But I'm giving a sneak to Rak Rai this month, maybe that will motivate me.

Jelena Petrovic:

Been watching to many C-Dramas. ^^;; I think we are pretty close in ratings for what you posted.  Some 2023 airing just started wrapping up over the last month.  I'm about 65% done? And most left, still waiting for air dates. I won't change those unless I have too.

Jelena Petrovic:
I Told Sunset About You - 7.5/10

It took me 3 attempts to get into the story but for those who watch it later, I recommend watching the sequel afterwards, it gives more meaning to the story and the "out of place" aspect of their relationship and behaviours. 

Jelena Petrovic:
How's everyone's watching going? I've been very slow in the past 2-3 months, looks like I'm currently in a cdrama phase xD I only completed a handful of dramas for this challenge, mostly shorter ones

Same ^^ Been on hiatus since march ... but I'm watching currently airing ones. I too watched 2 K-dramas and 1 C-drama in between ??

Return Man was awesome. 

Midnight Series and I told sunset about you are on my list.

Anusaya:
I'm about 65% done?

That's great :) I'll need to speed up a bit. I think I found my rhythm again with Fallen Rainbow and My Lucky Star, thanks for recommending these :) Sammy is a revelation, finally a performance on par with Yaya from Kleun Cheewit. I'll definitely watch more of her work. I'll also try to include Unhating You later if it gets subbed, I'm in the mood for more Pong xD

ManUtiavN:
It took me 3 attempts to get into the story but for those who watch it later, I recommend watching the sequel afterwards, it gives more meaning to the story and the "out of place" aspect of their relationship and behaviours. 

The sequel and special are on my list, I plan to complete them by all means, I just need a break and mental preparation xD

Gummy_Marshmallow:
Midnight Series and I told sunset about you are on my list.

Tbh the only one from the Midnight Series I'm still interested in is Midnight Motel, the rest was a disappointment.

Jelena Petrovic:
That's great :) I'll need to speed up a bit. I think I found my rhythm again with Fallen Rainbow and My Lucky Star, thanks for recommending these :) Sammy is a revelation, finally a performance on par with Yaya from Kleun Cheewit. I'll definitely watch more of her work. I'll also try to include Unhating You later if it gets subbed, I'm in the mood for more Pong xD

Welcome.  Fallen Rainbow the FL's mom character nails her part. Unhating You is being subbed by one31 YT as airing. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrft65fJ0IqMIY1fYLW4y2PTlnsYpyNK9

Anusaya:

Welcome.  Fallen Rainbow the FL's mom character nails her part. Unhating You is being subbed by one31 YT as airing. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrft65fJ0IqMIY1fYLW4y2PTlnsYpyNK9

Omg yes, the mom caused my blood pressure to hit new levels of high, kudos to the actress xD I'll tune in to Unhating You then, I feel it would be better to watch while airing than pile up more binge material at the moment because I already have plenty on my plate lol. I just hope they won't pause subbing midway.

Been on hiatus for 2 months. Also, I'm watching more Korean Dramas recently.

Reader may or may not agree with my opinions. In any case, I would like to hear your Point of view.

RARNG RUK PRANG JAI - 7.0/10 - Overall, it was an okay drama, not memorable (since I don't remember anything lol) but watchable.Pupe was very good but donut I kind of found him stiff in this one. Story was decent too. I think one 1-2 eps could have been cut short .. not a 17eps story. ?

Rewatch: Maybe (as I haven't rewatched my fav dramas yet?)

JAD RUK VIVA LUANG - 6.5/10 - First of all, I watched this solely because it was on my watchlist. ? Until  Ep -10 I was really interested in it, but after that I started feeling drowsy. ML was literally one tear drop away from melting (I remember mentioning this somewhere but I don't remember where. ?) for 2nd FL. FL was shown as strong woman but all that was until she starting dating ML. hehe. If I were FL I would date her boss instead he was really caring .. lol.

Rewatch: Not a chance

YOU TOUCHED MY HEART - 6.5/10 - Oh my god, why in the world all push dramas I'm watching this year end up in worst list? First, I wanna be a Sup'tar, then Dong Dok Mai .. and now this one. It wasn't that bad, but I wasn't expecting this either. I never felt like this ever "DON'T DO MYSTERY WITH ROMANCE". I tried to ignore as much as I could but there are so many lose ends I want closure for. Why did FL's character took 180 turn from being rational and clear minded to someone whose thoughts are blurred by others? Someone who fought her grandfather for her future why can't she handle a mere woman who has no importance in her life? ughh!? .. and ML .. in the beginning I was very understanding that he still couldn't forget his ex .. but when he was clear of his situation why did he not stood up for their relationship? .. His character was made stupid and spineless in lieu of naive and kind hearted. Acting was good. One thing that this drama did me good was I found Patrica. ?

Rewatch: No way

LOVE AND DECEPTION  - 5.5/10 - I know I'm the oddball for this one, since rating and reviews says otherwise. I didn't find it that engaging, but was not worst either. Though, I loved the chemistry and acting but story I don't no why but something felt missing. Originally, it was going to be 6.5 but ending caught me. ? ML was most unlucky ML ever. lol

Rewatch: I can .. in 10000 days .. hehe

RETURN MAN - 8.5/10 - I was about to give up, that I'll get to see any good Thai drama this year, but here comes the life saver? ... lol .. ? This was really a refreshing story with a whole lot of entertaining characters. I just loved it, but here n there some nuisances I can't be biased .. lol (As, if I have never been)

Rewatch: Anytime

PRAOMOOK - 5.5/10 - There's nothing much to say about this one, as I only watched this because it was on my watchlist. Everyone was so annoying in this one, or maybe it was just my mood then. FL's sister was definitely annoying though. Skipped a lot ...  was really frustrating. ?

Rewatch: I want to maintain my sanity. ?

LIPGLOSS SPY - 7.5/10 - Not exceptional but a decent one. A light watch. I watched it for the cast, and was worth the time. Enjoyed watching it.

Rewatch: Ofcourse

POISONOUS PASSION - 7.0/10 - It was okay, until it was. It started out great but her revenge came to saturation really early and at some point it felt draggy. Chemistry between leads was great. Pretty good but could have been better.

Rewatch: Maybe

HUSBAND IN DISGUISE - 7.0/10 - First of all, I didn't understood why we needed this remake so early. It was good thou ?. Only if a few eps short I would have been happy, but I liked how they diverged from original story. 

Rewatch: Can watch but not a priority.

LOVE HURTS - 7.0/10 - If not for the ending, this rating wouldn't have been the case. I mean it's interesting plot from Thai dramas point of view .. but  .. how could a smart business woman not check on her business partners... I do understand people make mistakes ... still she's in business for so long.. Could have given more time to make me believe that banthao and wenika could end up together. I really liked it in the beginning but then it went down ... not really .. but 17eps were too much. Sry :(

Rewatch: No

ECLIPSE OF THE HEART - 7.5/10 - Better than it's cousin sister but why they made everything so obvious and ruined mystery for me. Ending was good and not good at same time, ML n FL ending up together .. okay .. everyone getting what they deserve ..  okay but still I wanted to see more in storyline.

Rewatch: No

UNLUCKY PLOY - 7.5/10 - Watchable on it's own but if you compare with original you will see a lot of scenes been cut down. Not a problem but felt empty .. sry:( Chemistry was good. Story was identical to original so nothing to say. Nice and Sweet. ?

Rewatch: Maybe

MY LUCKY STAR - 8.5/10 - One of the best remakes, I really liked it. As good as original. Nothing more to say.. Biased. ?? They changed the story a bit, so it was good to see how it unfolds, just due to certain things that irked me, it left the 9 or maybe 10 mark.

Rewatch: Anytime

HUA JAI LOOK POOCHAI - 5.0/10 - I didn't get the point of revenge, those who know they know ... lol .. Recycled storyline .. I had little to no interest in this.. but I continued .. why? .. It was taking up space on my CW. ??

Thanks for reading patiently.

There are lots of 7.0s. ??

Gummy_Marshmallow:
Reader may or may not agree with my opinions. In any case, I would like to hear your Point of view.

I haven't finished Love Hurts yet, but I posted the same remarks on the feed. She is more of a hardworking person to me than a businesswoman. 

My Lucky Star and Return Man are on my radar, and as for Praomook, I was a novice at the time and watched what was recommended to me. It was a big mistake, and I almost ended up skipping the actors afterwards.

ManUtiavN:
I haven't finished Love Hurts yet

Sorry, I spoiled the ending for you. :(

ManUtiavN:
She is more of a hardworking person to me than a businesswoman. 

Yes, she is.. but it's good that after all that still their friendship remains intact.

ManUtiavN:
It was a big mistake,

Mine too ... I don't want to throw anything out of my watchlist that's the only problem. ?? .. I actually added this to list for Bua .. she is good .. but the character wasn't.?