cant believe it, but Dramanice had Disney MULAN on it ..so just finished it.. it was more of a martial arts movie which I like..not necessarily a children’s movie. ..unlike Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella there was little or no “magic” so,to,speak...

jet Li (who I love) was the emperor and I think there’s gonna be a part 2..they allude to it at the end of the movie.  I really was stunned to see it online already...and I have Disney Plus and was gonna pay LOL

homestly I would have loved to see Jet Li fight (he is awesome) but that may be in part 2.  Donnie Yen did have a few scenes but not fighting..just working out.. I thought he was great in IP Man.

caDAVer what was the movie you were mentioning with Jackie Chan..?  He’s another fav of mine (I’m a sucker for King Fu movies ..it all started with Bruce Lee ) :)

saw another trailer for DITK and it does look good, more of a romance/passion than Im used to seeing  with the FL but she always comes through..for her age she is awesome.  i dropped Count YLstars.. he just seemed so much older..thought the 2nd ML Was a better fit for her.

also,watching maiden Holmes.. there’s a lot of tender scenes with the leads but honestly I was thinking FL has been alone for so long and ML has been sad /scarred by battle that they need all the affection they can get..plus it’s one of the healthiest relationships I’ve seen in a while.. they are honest with each other.. little or no drama and they talk it out..just sayin:)..(it’s just so refeshing!)

ad did he say “let’s have a baby? In like ep16 or something or was that incorrect translation..???hehe

@KenshinKaoru

I said about Jackie Chan’s movie Vanguard with Yang Yang ( LoveO2O) which was supposed to be aired for Chinese New Year this year but to Covid19 it was not aired.

At least you saved some money not paying for Mulan. It didn’t make sense that the Emperor with such good martial arts was held hostage by the witch. Jet Li’s and Donnie Yen’s martial arts are very good. They can  and speak English well . In Ipman it’s funny how the conversation is in  Mandarin and reply in Cantonese. I do so enjoy Ipman. These three actors act better than Bruce Lee who’s only credit is his martial arts skills. 

Yes agree Mulan alludes to part 2 but maybe the shooting location  will be different due to controversy. Sequel will have more romance. Somehow Yoson An doesn’t make much of an impression on me. Maybe his character will strengthen with the sequel.

I’ve only just started on Maiden Holmes. Looking forward to continuing.

LOL Bruce Lee was def not an amazing actor hehe..some of those old movies he did were over the top.  I think his breakout role  was Green Hornet.. and his son was great in The Crow.. what a sad situation with his death and his dads.. very strange.. 

but I do love how he paved the way for  martial  arts in the US..

..OMGosh I thought the same thing how did they capture  The emperor when he’s so awesome..and then he catches the arrow indicating he’s got skills..and I just shook my head.... 

I liked it but it didn’t wow me.. I needed some comedy or “magic” .  bc The original MULAN in the Disney movie was a clutz and had Mushu and a cricket (who doesn’t love Mushu) so I liked her character development.. like every kid could see themselves as her bc she has to learn how to fight and make friends.. she had to develop and as she does she realizes she needs the help of others.. I didn’t get that with this movie. 

and the Ml really wasn’t a lead as much of a person who kind of admired her when she could fight...so I could see them developing a romance  in part 2.  
I would love to see her as a. General in the army..I’m not that familiar with the original story so I need to read up on it..I also need to learn Chinese so I can understand these dramas before they are subbed :D

The cartoon version probably sums it up nicely though there’s more than one cartoon Mulan. It’s on Disney+.

Yes the death of Brandon Lee is quite suspicious isn’t it ? He didn’t get to complete The Crow. His acting is better than his father’s.  The Green hornet was horrible -such fake acting. Can only watch his movies for the martial arts nothing else. 

I just watched the trailer for DITK. ZLS is so cute but ML really looks like “uncle”. Could have looked younger  without the moustache. 

@mblgoh 

L&R is good... lotsa heartbreaking stuff especially on the ML. I started it because if Zhang yu xi because ended up not like her as much as before lol. Just like what happened to steven zhang. It is quite confusing plot and the ending is too rush due to editing down to condense the drama. 

One thing about love is sweet is that the trailer is a big spoiler. Basically we know the whole story... probably just watch it for the FL, she looks pretty in this.

The FL for marry me is the one in the my roommate is a detective... heard she did well in the little nonya. But i am not exactly too fond of her as well. You are the second person I read that cannot ger pass ep 1. I thought the ML is quite popular though...

Jet Li probably cannot do what he did before, unlike donnie... 

You should go see the DITK trailer... the kissing scene is as real as I mentioned earlier. I am looking forward to the next drama with zhou yu tong... think probably end of the year.

Yes many would have preferred to see more of XM. I hated how they killed XM, horrible. And how TY died is so peculiar... she gave away her location and ran away to a crowd only to be killed off by the crowd? And the info she got was so useless since the bad guy still managed to release the poison... WTH. Anyway this wedding trope is so overused in C-Dramas. Fake wedding in L&R, forced wedding in MH (though it didn't happen eventually)... can't they think of new ideas?

@ KenshinKaoru 

Yes mblgoh mentioned the movie... I haven't heard of it. I  only knew of Yang Yang when I watched love o2o off Netflix earlier this year. Then I know  was in dream of the red chamber.

MH I am at ep. 26... it gets abit boring here since we already see that they are intimate. Yes they are really a matured couple especially the ML...  if the same situations were in other C-Dramas, it would have extended by at least 10 episodes!

@ mblgoh 

Yes I felt a bit sorry for ZLS... not sure if the uncle is married?

Yeah for brandon lee it was a freak accident with a props gun... seems weird. Just like the death of Bruce Lee... a bit questionable 

@CaDAVEr

MH they got married didn’t they?

I know with MM they married 3 times. Didn’t  quite like Little Nyonya. Wasn’t it filmed in Singapore and Malacca? C-drama likes wedding ceremonies so the leads can don on the traditional wedding  costume.

I’ve watched the trailer for DITK . Don’t know if uncle is married. ZLS’s acting style is the same as in ROT&R.

Are you talking about Begin Again with the ML from Love Equations. He’s a bit stiff isn’t he? 

Bruce Lee’s death was not questionable-just tragic because he had allergic reaction to the medication prescribed for his headache. His son’s death is a bit fishy. though.

mblgoh:

@CaDAVEr

MH they got married didn’t they?

I know with MM they married 3 times. Didn’t  quite like Little Nyonya. Wasn’t it filmed in Singapore and Malacca? C-drama likes wedding ceremonies so the leads can don on the traditional wedding  costume.

I’ve watched the trailer for DITK . Don’t know if uncle is married. ZLS’s acting style is the same as in ROT&R.

Are you talking about Begin Again with the ML from Love Equations. He’s a bit stiff isn’t he? 

Bruce Lee’s death was not questionable-just tragic because he had allergic reaction to the medication prescribed for his headache. His son’s death is a bit fishy. though.

MH i haven't got to that part but they are smooching every episode...

The Singapore version was ages ago starring Jeanette aw... i didn't watch. Recently they filmed a china version starring the FL of Marry Me... not sure if it was filmed here in Singapore and Malacca... not really interested in these types of story. 

Think ZLS roles could be limited especially for period dramas... hope to see her shine doing something else. Haven't watched her in a modern drama yet.

Begin again I am rooting for the FL, really liked her in young blood (and not steven)... the ML I haven't watched anything from him before. I didn’t catch love Equations as I don't really like the FL.

Bruce lee death probably they came out with some theories later but in fact it wasn't that complicated. 

The FL in Love is sweet is same as Lucky’s first love. She looks better with long hair in LIS. The ML in MM is from Lucky’s. Don’t like FL with short hair.

When do the leads start smooching in MH?

Begin again’s FL is pretty. I like Steven Zhang in Symphony Romance and  Skate into love.

mblgoh:

The FL in Love is sweet is same as Lucky’s first love. She looks better with long hair in LIS. The ML in MM is from Lucky’s. Don’t like FL with short hair.

When do the leads start smooching in MH?

Begin again’s FL is pretty. I like Steven Zhang in Symphony Romance and  Skate into love.

She is pretty popular and there is a write up on her here in MDL quite recently... I wanted to catch Arsenal Military Academy but maybe it is due to her having short hair LOL.

They start very early, though it is due to slip and drunk etc... with the real smooching it also before halfway through the drama... 

Yeah I really like Zhou Yu Tong, she has this cool demeanor. Steven in best in Skate into Love but Symphony Romance there is something off about him, maybe it's the hair LOL. The number if times he had to move his fringe is probably more than the times he plays piano/conducts

I have seen the trailer for Oh! My Sweet Liar airing on 16th Sep. Looks funny and interesting.

Is Love is sweet goes on air on the same date ?

mblgoh:

I have seen the trailer for Oh! My Sweet Liar airing on 16th Sep. Looks funny and interesting.

Is Love is sweet goes on air on the same date ?

There are a few interesting releases this week, Love is Sweet, First Romance, Dating in the Kitchen and Oh! My Sweet Liar... I'll probably wait for the ratings but of the four I am more interested in the first two. There is also sparkle love that is supposed to be aired as well.

First romance looks interesting. I was surprised to see a trans romance in China. The FL is from my GF is an alien (loved it!) and she must be athletic bc she was pretty active in that drama as well as this one I see her with a javelin.  Will be tackling some serious issues so I will be interested  inn how  they deal with that sensitive issue. 

sweet liar looks really funny .. i saw the trailer .sb fluffy funny which I do enjoy. And the other two are on my list ..Dating ITK comes out tomorrow so I will , check it out when I get home from work

Love is sweet is the FL from Luckys 1st romance and they had a terrible wig on her in that one, so happy to see her as she really is..she’s much prettier with her own hair.. I don’t know, what they were thinking with the wig..I kept wanting to fix it and brush her hair.. :) lol

KenshinKaoru:

First romance looks interesting. I was surprised to see a trans romance in China. The FL is from my GF is an alien (loved it!) and she must be athletic bc she was pretty active in that drama as well as this one I see her with a javelin.  Will be tackling some serious issues so I will be interested  inn how  they deal with that sensitive issue. 

sweet liar looks really funny .. i saw the trailer .sb fluffy funny which I do enjoy. And the other two are on my list ..Dating ITK comes out tomorrow so I will , check it out when I get home from work

Love is sweet is the FL from Luckys 1st romance and they had a terrible wig on her in that one, so happy to see her as she really is..she’s much prettier with her own hair.. I don’t know, what they were thinking with the wig..I kept wanting to fix it and brush her hair.. :) lol

I saw the trailer, so she(he) is really a trans or they assume her as one due to her previous appearance/mannerism? In the details the refer her and both him/her so it is confusing.  Yes I am interested because of Wan Peng, the ML just reminds me of the guy from Consummation.

Sweet Liar can go either way, gives me the marry me vibes... marry me heard is really bad. So I hold for this one. I went to see the drama pic for lucky 1st love... why did they put the wig on her? Issit because she cut her hair for other drama like Arsenal Military Academy? She looks gorgeous here.

I am looking forward to sparkle love, same ML as Maiden Holmes.