mblgoh:

ML in Su Yu looks wimpy.

I like wuxia but not over the top. Too much flying makes it very unrealistic. Fantasy doesn’t appeal to me.

Gender bender is fine but the one in In A Class of Her Own it’s very obvious that FL is a female dressed in male clothes. 

Su Yu not just the ML wimpy, they are also commenting about his character etc.

I just learned a new genre description yesterday - xianxia. More towards deity and fantasy, I am also not to keen on this.... wuxia which is more real skill fighting I am fine.

Lol, in a class of her own they don't even bother to bind her assets so it is meant to be this way. The Chinese title directly translated is Pretty Scholar, so you need to accept this and many do I think. :)

In A Class of Her Own I’m ok with FL being feminine but it took the boys a long time to discover that she’s a girl. She doesn’t even try to be like a male. Lol

mblgoh:

In A Class of Her Own I’m ok with FL being feminine but it took the boys a long time to discover that she’s a girl. She doesn’t even try to be like a male. Lol

It is just a drama that doesn't make sense, just for eye candies. The ending episodes besides the last episode is horrible. Things just happen without good reason.

I have finally started on My Unicorn Girl. So far watched 2 episodes. A bit cliche and too many coincidences but still good to go on. The FL is pretty and spunky. I feel like there’s a lot of voiceover. 

The Sleepless Princess- should be getting happier after Episode 32 as Na Xi is out of the picture. Married and divorced-that was all wrapped up in 2 episodes. 

i saw a few episodes of Unicorn girl, it’s cute ..reminds me of the Kdrama where the girl pretends to be a boy and  goes to school with another sports student to  support him and he falls in love with her (can’t  remember the drama name) I do like that the FL  in unicorn is an Excellent skater.

i stopped on Sleepless P bc of the angst but if youre saying it gets happier Ill go back to it.  
I stopped watching the Heiress also ..checked the comments ..not so happy ...but it’s disconcerting bc it started out so adorably funny..oh well....I’ll wait for part 2:

I will give the Heiress a miss and continue with My Unicorn Girl. Lighted drama.Agree with you the skating is very good and FL looks good even as a male.

There’s some heart wrenching episodes from 29-31 but in 32 it’s promising that there’s a turning point as the ML  cares for FL when she temporarily lost her sight. With historical drama there’s sure to be some miserable scenes. Maybe it was a bit overdone in this drama as it started out with many lighthearted and funny scenes. If it’s too much for you just skip the marriage part in Episode 31. You won’t miss much . I feel sorry for Xing Chen who treated FL so well. Hope he finds someone worthy of him.

mblgoh:

I have finally started on My Unicorn Girl. So far watched 2 episodes. A bit cliche and too many coincidences but still good to go on. The FL is pretty and spunky. I feel like there’s a lot of voiceover. 

The Sleepless Princess- should be getting happier after Episode 32 as Na Xi is out of the picture. Married and divorced-that was all wrapped up in 2 episodes. 

I read comments that the first 2 episodes are rather over the top but the subsequent episodes are quite funny. May start it later after I complete love and redemption and sleepless princess. Has been a while since I watched modern drama not counting prince of tennis.

Yeah, dongshi also showed his horns so should wrap up pretty fast. The misunderstanding plot is still really CMI, too deliberate. 

mblgoh:

I will give the Heiress a miss and continue with My Unicorn Girl. Lighted drama.Agree with you the skating is very good and FL looks good even as a male.

There’s some heart wrenching episodes from 29-31 but in 32 it’s promising that there’s a turning point as the ML  cares for FL when she temporarily lost her sight. With historical drama there’s sure to be some miserable scenes. Maybe it was a bit overdone in this drama as it started out with many lighthearted and funny scenes. If it’s too much for you just skip the marriage part in Episode 31. You won’t miss much . I feel sorry for Xing Chen who treated FL so well. Hope he finds someone worthy of him.

"No any girl for Xingchen because I am his step mother" :)) The director joked on his weibo , when an audience asked him about Xingchen that if there is any girl for him, :))

jeslyn:

"No any girl for Xingchen because I am his step mother" :)) The director joked on his weibo , when an audience asked him about Xingchen that if there is any girl for him, :))

If you see the drama poster, there isn't any 2FL... and the other notables like SNN, TY and even NX have minimal interaction with him nor we see any characters liking him. I think in this drama the romance is pretty straightforward with exception for SNN having a change of heart rather quickly.

The ending was not what I hoped it would be. A bit of a cliffhanger here.

mblgoh:

The ending was not what I hoped it would be.

There is a alternate ending they say, releasing next Wed. The thing is that in the first episode, it seems that Xue Yao, Chu Yue etc. are really just part of a fictitious stor so it can be so far-fetched. So if it ended without any major development from the first scene then it really deserves the drop in ratings.

I was confused - did TY die? Looks like she did but towards the end at the marketplace she was with Bai Li Qi at the stall. Is this part a dream ? The alternate ending must be the additional episode that depended on the popularity . I read in a forum that there’s demand for a SP2. 

mblgoh:

I was confused - did TY die? Looks like she did but towards the end at the marketplace she was with Bai Li Qi at the stall. Is this part a dream ? The alternate ending must be the additional episode that depended on the popularity . I read in a forum that there’s demand for a SP2. 

basically my interpretation is that all the characters are just part of the story so TY died in the story. he place ppl around them as the characters in the story with he and the comatose wife as the lead.  SP2? thanks but no thanks lol.

Yes I think you are correct. XY is actually Guan Shan and CY ,Wan Wan. TY just like XC, BLQ, LQ and SNN are characters from his book. It makes sense now. ( TY is alive in real life but her character in the book is killed off).  I had wondered why the children addressed XY as Mr Guan in the first episode. It’s all falling into place now. 

mblgoh:

Yes I think you are correct. XY is actually Guan Shan and CY ,Wan Wan. TY just like XC, BLQ, LQ and SNN are characters from his book. It makes sense now. ( TY is alive in real life but her character in the book is killed off).  I had wondered why the children addressed XY as Mr Guan in the first episode. It’s all falling into place now. 

That is why the story can be a bit more far-fetched, like a story. I don't think they explained why Wan Wan is in a Coma or I missed it. However what XY and GS did is the same, telling stories to CY (WW) so she doesn't get detached from the world and the ppl if she wakes up. The end of ep. 35 suggests that XY is worried if CY wakes up alone so probably they should die together. Let's wake till next week to see if there is a different ending or a season 2. Hope it is not about GS's real story... lol