hell59:

I am really enjoying reading all the discussions here. Thank you so much! I am loving this drama and I had so many questions that were answered in the discussions! I am so grateful to all of you! If I can bother you, I am curious if LBY gets engaged to CSS after the break up with LY, and then tragedy happens before their wedding and he is gone for 5 years.? Why does she get engaged to YS? 

In the novel, well the version I read with a translator, she got engaged to YS because the queen wanted to see her get married before she died and also she's trying to move on from LBY. Plus YS comes to her house almost all the time once she breaks off the engagement with LBY so eventually, she gives into marrying him. Also, yes, LBY gets engaged to CSS immediately after the breakup with LY in the novel. I think they are going to go the same route in the cdrama as well. And yes, the tragedy happens before their wedding. 

Sirry Usly:

In the novel, well the version I read with a translator, she got engaged to YS because the queen wanted to see her get married before she died and also she's trying to move on from LBY. Plus YS comes to her house almost all the time once she breaks off the engagement with LBY so eventually, she gives into marrying him. Also, yes, LBY gets engaged to CSS immediately after the breakup with LY in the novel. I think they are going to go the same route in the cdrama as well. And yes, the tragedy happens before their wedding. 

Thank you so much for explaining it to me!

Sirry Usly:

I don't know but I'm a little disappointed, after all she's been through, and the breakups, she accepts a proposal like this? it's not really in line with her future development, I know she want move on and i know  that LBY will ultimately be her husband but I wanted a real attachment on the part of FL towards YS so that she could agree to consider marrying him more in front of the empress

Hello!

I just wanna ask something. Is there much difference between the novel and the drama? 

Xiao Zi:

Hello!

I just wanna ask something. Is there much difference between the novel and the drama? 

It's mostly the same, especially part 1, the second part will have all the important scenes and plot but some things will be changed. From what I've seen and checked I believe those changes make the drama even better and more interesting than the novel itself.

YESMISSA:

I don't know but I'm a little disappointed, after all she's been through, and the breakups, she accepts a proposal like this? it's not really in line with her future development, I know she want move on and i know  that LBY will ultimately be her husband but I wanted a real attachment on the part of FL towards YS so that she could agree to consider marrying him more in front of the empress

If I am in her shoes, I would accept the proposal from YS. He's well respected scholar, handsome, intelligent, influence family, and know each other as long as the other 2 men. With her twice heart break, more vulnerable than ever, no other man a better candidate than YS. Well, anyway I've fallen under YS from beginning so I might be biased. But LY is a cute puppy love, LBY an intense love, while YS is a careful love. I understand 3 men feeling toward her... 

I just saw the MV. Can somebody tell me why Chen Shao Shang mother slap her in the face while her family look disappointed?

Xtinew:

If I am in her shoes, I would accept the proposal from YS. He's well respected scholar, handsome, intelligent, influence family, and know each other as long as the other 2 men. With her twice heart break, more vulnerable than ever, no other man a better candidate than YS. Well, anyway I've fallen under YS from beginning so I might be biased. But LY is a cute puppy love, LBY an intense love, while YS is a careful love. I understand 3 men feeling toward her... 

But, LBY loves CSS unconditionally. YS was calculative at the beginning . Needless to mention, LBY is the only one CSS loves. 

CSS & YS found out LBY even protected the Yuan family regardless of his life for the sake of Shaoshang. 

C drama addict:

But, LBY loves CSS unconditionally. YS was calculative at the beginning . Needless to mention, LBY is the only one CSS loves. 

CSS & YS found out LBY even protected the Yuan family regardless of his life for the sake of Shaoshang. 

We can't change the story of the book/drama, it's set and no matter what our opinion is. If I am in CSS's place, everything I said was hypothetical and I won't argue who loves who more.  I love every characters because they're special in their own way.....  

Hi there, I've been following this thread for a while now. I would like to ask, in the novel did CSS ever have an intimate moment/kiss like the ones she shared with LBY? From the drama, her relationship with A Yao is mostly innocent, so I'm just wondering if it's the same with YS.

rly hoping Director Fei & team kept the exact lines for this scene please.... there's a scene where 33 gets in a dangerous situation but was saved by LBY (yes again)

p.s translations might contain slight inaccuracies,,, it's so hard to capture and translate the chinese language into english T_T

-----
A bunch of guards immediately rushed to the front, forming an impenetrable wall before the both of them.

LBY hugged the girl tightly, not caring about their surrounding and started  scolding her "You will never listen to what I say right! I told you not to come, I told you to be careful but you just acted without asking! What would happen if you had lost your life?"

"I thought I was going to die in there but I only thought of you. I was thinking if only I could see you for the last time before I die! I would have died happily knowing you had come and save me! I treat you as someone that's the closest to me, someone I could rely on the most, but now that I am tired and afraid, you only remember to scold me. If I had known that earlier, I would prefer to have just died inside...."

LBY's heart has already soften looking at the girl's face that's covered in dust, her forehead was swollen from knocking into something, and her eyes was watery with tears but after listening to her words, he felt that his heart warm. He sighed to himself, removed his own cloak to wrap it around the girl and softly coaxed her as he hugged her

dearuto:
there's a scene where 33 gets in a dangerous situation but was saved by LBY (yes again)

Is this before or after the 5 year time skip?

noodle_dumpling:

Is this before or after the 5 year time skip?

This hapoens before the 5 year time skip 

dearuto:

This hapoens before the 5 year time skip 

What chapter does this happen in? I haven't read the whole book yet. Just bits here and there. 

@scarfie Can i ask what motivates Yuan Shen‘s negative comments about FL? Is it his way of guarding her from other males or is he still thinks that she is scheming and dishonest?