Is LBY the crown prince in the novel?

Why was LBY away for 5 years

noodle_dumpling:

I’m also curious about the last part - what made SS accept a third engagement with YS during the 5 year gap if she was always only in love with LBY? Would love to be spoiled on this part please :)

I'm also very curious, can anyone answer this question ? 

**spoiler alert***

I read parts of the novel using Google Translate after CloudA posted it. From what I understand, LBY commits a major crime three days before the wedding and is sent to the frontier as a punishment. He breaks the engagement and thinks he will be able to let the FL go. There are rumors of his own engagement, and so FL accepts the third engagement with YS in an effort to move on. I am not sure what the drama will preserve out of this though.

ennekube:

**spoiler alert***

I read parts of the novel using Google Translate after CloudA posted it. From what I understand, LBY commits a major crime three days before the wedding and is sent to the frontier as a punishment. He breaks the engagement and thinks he will be able to let the FL go. There are rumors of his own engagement, and so FL accepts the third engagement with YS in an effort to move on. I am not sure what the drama will preserve out of this though.

I read some of the raw version with google translate and I don't think that's correct. From what I read yes he commits a major crime three days before the wedding. He's not the one that breaks off the engagement, she is. Both of them get engagements at the same time that are suggested/arranged by the palace sort and them. So she's engaged to YS and him to LJT. 

Sirry Usly:

I read some of the raw version with google translate and I don't think that's correct. From what I read yes he commits a major crime three days before the wedding. He's not the one that breaks off the engagement, she is. Both of them get engagements at the same time that are suggested/arranged by the palace sort and them. So she's engaged to YS and him to LJT. 

Who is LJT ? i didn't think there would be another engagement for him, since he was punished? there that means that he could be in town but not in the palace? I thought he had orders not to come back. Or was it decided after 5 years??
I had also read in the comments that it was precisely because of FL's engagement to YS that ML decided to do everything to come back before  weeding for winning her back?

Ah it’s possible I got it wrong. I didn’t start reading until after he comes back from the frontier. 

YESMISSA:

Who is LJT ? i didn't think there would be another engagement for him, since he was punished? there that means that he could be in town but not in the palace? I thought he had orders not to come back. Or was it decided after 5 years??
I had also read in the comments that it was precisely because of FL's engagement to YS that ML decided to do everything to come back before  weeding for winning her back?

LGT is Luo Ji Tong. CSS helped clear his name which is why he's able to come back and get an engagement. It only takes him 5 years because while he's at the border a lot of things keep coming up that he has to deal with. He still has the same rank as before it's just now he doesn't go by LBY anymore because everything that happened to his family and what/why he did what he did has come out thanks to CSS. Also, he doesn't come back because of the engagement that CSS has with YS. He was actually happy for her at first and was doing everything to protect her even when he was far away. It's just that when he comes back and he sees her for the first time after 5 years, he changes his mind. He realizes he can't watch her marry someone else/can't let her go. 

Also, he doesn't actually plan to marry LGT. He agreed to the engagement just as a way to be able to come back from punishment. He was planning on calling off the engagement and marrying her far away afterward because he has some dirt on her. 

At least this is what I got from reading the google translated version of the novel. 

Sirry Usly:

Which chapter of the novel does this happen?

noodle_dumpling:

Which chapter of the novel does this happen?

Roughly chapters 143 to 164. I would read chapters 143 and 164. It pieces together some of what happened. Chapter 143-144 is where they talk about the engagements. Chapter 150 is when he returns and chapter 151 is when he and CSS encounter each other again. Chapter 163/164 is when he grabs her and takes her to a place to talk/rebites her and begs her not to be so cruel to him. 

Paxton Jones:

Why was LBY away for 5 years

Because he killed off his "father and his father's" family. Three days before his wedding to CSS he got a letter telling him the truth. He found out this the Huo family was killed off because of his so-called dad who actually isn't his dad at all. He is his uncle and his mom is actually his aunt. She switched him and her son to protect him and the Huo family line so that it wouldn't completely die off. He finds this out and can't hold in the rage so he decided to kill them all. 

Sirry Usly:
Also, he doesn't actually plan to marry LGT. He agreed to the engagement just as a way to be able to come back from punishment. He was planning on calling off the engagement and marrying her far away afterward because he has some dirt on her. 

So when he actually came back, do you know how he caling off his engagement with LGT?? FL is jealous??

YESMISSA:

So when he actually came back, do you know how he caling off his engagement with LGT?? FL is jealous??

From what I read while using google translate, basically what happens is that he tries to pull CSS aside to tell her something but YS sees this and insists on coming and so does 5th prince. They go into a carriage I think and he basically tells her to call off her engagement to YS and that they aren't a good match. After this happens LGT finds out about it and LBY basically threatens her. He tells her that he knows about her past misdeeds and the ones she's done recently and that he informed her father. Due to this, it's announced that the engagement has been broken off and that she is being married off far away. So everyone knows that LBY probably has something on her. As for the jealous thing, no. The FL isn't jealous because she's trying to move on. However, she is happy that they aren't engaged anymore.

Hey guys, also keep in mind that I had to the translate feature that automatically appears on some websites. So, some things might be slightly off but the main parts should hold true. 

I love the discussion here, give me some perspective of story line, might not be in the drama but I can imagine how intense 3 relationship from 3 strong men that all has loved CSS. Really, better for her to marry Luo Yao...which probably her life would be much simpler than two complicated men LBY and YS. Do you think the drama will finish by the end of July? And season 2 will be on August? Ask for your opinion?? Too much intensity and over pouring of  love to an innocent girl CSS...