Editorials Details
- Last Online: 57 minutes ago
- Location: If you see me online, assume the worst.
- Contribution Points: 5,977 LV15
- Roles:
- Join Date: January 21, 2020
- Awards Received:
2
8
1
1
Editorials
K-Drama
Editorials
2
8
1
1
I love watching series where I can see the actors having fun with the acting and I can definitely see that shine through with multiple characters. I also have a soft spot for Ph BL/LGBT content and love the English sentences throughout. Sure there is some awkwardness in the acting at times but it's not been that bad to me. I tend to skip scenes if things get boring (you develop this skill when watching certain Chinese BL-bait stories) but I watched the majority of the first episode. Sure things could've been more interesting in the first episode but we're still at the start and a ton of things can still happen. There were some kinda funny moments and I think I'm gonna love those dogs.
It's definitely not the worst boss-employee BL relationship drama I've seen of its kind (I'm sorry but Capture Lover (2020) lowered my standards for these types of BL quite a bit).
Doing this kind of dynamic in a BL is difficult to pull off for actors from what I've seen. So I honestly didn't have high expectations of seeing some amazing ''hate to love''/''class difference'' romance story. Do I hope to see some genuine chemistry? Yes and mayby it'll happen, the dances of the trailer looked promising.
Anyway, if someone knows of a BL drama that did pull off the employee-boss dynamic well please alert me because I've yet to find it. Doesn't help that most quality Thai dramas are set in universities. For this drama I will continue watching it till the last episode because I'm interested in what kind of tropes they'll use from other BLs or if they'll use those at all.
I recommend Bromance (Taiwan) to anyone who wants a male-looking crossdressing female.
The fact that I comment on historical inaccuracies (in regards to a general medieval/post-medieval European world) is not meant to be actual unfair criticism but rather a compliment to the many things they do right. Besides this, in a previous conversation with another user I mentioned I really just like to rant about historical stuff. There I also mentioned I perceived this drama as having a RPG-inspired medieval version of Europe. I know about it being a very heavily altered version of Europe but I see enough historical accuracies to make comparisons with the real world for my own enjoyment.
Attack on Titan is very heavy on the fantasy so I'd never make comparisons with medieval Europe for that series since it'd be pointless. If Aiteria had giants/elves/dragons/fantasy creatures I wouldn't have even begun with a comparison. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to explain since some new viewers may indeed misunderstand the premise of the drama based on my comment.
The real problem is likely similar yet much more severe as in Korea. Which basically means that even accidental confusion about whether its a gay relationship from the viewers must be avoided by the producers.