• Last Online: Jun 30, 2018

insertrandomcoolname

insertrandomcoolname

Antique Bakery
Aug 12, 2012
Story: The story was wonderful. It sounded like the perfect comedy, it was, and ended up being so much more. I watch most of my stuff on dramacrazy.net and the description for this movie on that site doesn’t do it justice. It is so much more than a comedy. Each of the workers in the bakery has their own little traumatic past, from being a “gay-of-demonic-charms” to having been kidnapped. Even with the traumatic pasts of the bakery workers, it doesn’t put a downer on the movie. They work the drama into a comedy very smoothly and nicely. It’s still a very funny movie, one that made me laugh so many times and will continue to rewatch it.

Music: The music is really enjoyable. They picked perfect songs and used them in just the right places. I like how it’s mostly classical, not one song that they play continuously. It fits what’s going on in the show without overdo-ing it.

Cast/Acting: The cast was perfect! They all did a great job getting into their characters, every one of them seemed genuine and believable. I had no problem buying into them and falling for their drama. Especially Kim Jae Wook. He did a great job with his role. I was even surprised at how well he speaks French. I, personally, even thought all of them were pretty cute. What’s a good movie without some eye candy, yeah?

SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com/

Azumi 2: Death or Love
Nov 27, 2012
Story: I don’t want to give away too much so I’ll just make this brief. I prefer the first one better, most sequels don’t seem to live up to the expectation left from the first movie. This isn’t the case. It’s just as good and as if Azumi 1 and 2 are just one long movie despite the two year difference. It was corny at some parts but the fight scenes are just as good as the first.

Music: It’s just as I said for the first Azumi, “It wasn’t too modern or loud. It was quiet, in the background adding to what was going on.”

Cast/Acting: Another outstanding performance from Aya, making us believe she is an actual killer. This time we got to see more of Oguri Shun. And while this isn’t his best work he did a good job. Noble, yet willing to do what ever it takes to survive.

Rewatch Value: 8

Arch Angels
Nov 27, 2012
Story: It sounded like a very funny movie from just reading the synopsis. It is a funny movie but in all honesty it was too cheesy and too corny for me. I had to force myself not to close the screen. The effects were poor, the quality was poor and the acting was poor. I guess you could say this movie might appeal to a much younger audience.

Music: One word: cheesy.

Cast/Acting: I only wanted to watch this because of Seki Megumi. She did such a great job in LIFE, but comedy isn’t her strong point. I don’t really think it was anyones. They were trying so hard and trying to be cute while tough at the same time. Not to mention the brother, Kazuomi Shijo played by Iseya Yusuke, was downright creepy. The actor was okay but the character seemed pervish.

Rewatch Value: 4

Alive
Nov 27, 2012
Story: I’ve never really been into science fiction and might not watch another sci-fi ever haha. But as far as sci-fi flicks go this one was pretty interesting. Tenshu is deemed psychologically fit, but he isn’t. He can’t forget his dead lover. She haunts him, saying he couldn’t save her and it drives him mad. To avenge her he brutally murders the men who raped her. All he gets is a chance to be electrocuted, and it doesn’t work. Instead he chooses to be subjected to experimentation. When he wakes up he’s in a large room with a bathroom, two beds and another man who survived death row.

Tenshu doesn’t know how much time has passed but one day a window opens in their room. On the other side of the glass is not the outside world, but a girl and there’s something strange about her.

The story plot is so well developed and so intriguing. Everything is explained and they don’t really leave you with any questions, at least until the end of the movie that is. After watching him survive his electrocution I was curious to find out what would happen next. There isn’t much experimentation going on though. It’s more like one large experiment. The scientists are observing the two death row survivors, just as the audience watching the movie is. We’re all eager to see what the outcome will be. If only one can survive, who will it be? And how can the survivor save the girl who has been possessed by a taint, an Isomer that is not of the human world?

It didn’t matter how interesting the plot was, the movie was very slow going. Honestly, I don’t think anyone will finish watching this because it is very slow. It almost feels as though nothing really happens within the two hours of watching it. Sure stuff goes on, you aren’t just watching the two inmates sit around, but it was slow paced. There were some cool fight scenes though.

It isn’t until near the end of the movie where the military actually tries to do something and even then they don’t do much. Honestly, it could have ended better. With the way it ended I feel like a sequel should have been made. Not because of unanswered questions, I didn’t have any except for what would happen next. But because I want to know what happened next and still do. It kills me that that it ended kind of badly

Music: It didn’t make any impression on me. Honestly, I don’t think there was any and if there was any it didn’t play often.

Cast/Acting: Hideo Sakaki played Tenshu and did a good job. It really seemed as if he was on the verge of insanity and his bursts of anger and violence were portrayed well. At times the majority of the cast didn’t really seem sincere but it wasn’t as if they were just reciting the lines back.

Rewatch Value: 6

71: Into the Fire
Aug 11, 2012
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: For me it was the title that pulled me in. I had no idea about the actors that were in it. Just the title sounds good, 71 student soldiers fighting in a battle that they thought might not happen. They had even been told that the chances of them fighting were slim, that all they needed to do was to hold out for a few days until reinforcement arrived. Instead of that happening, they engaged the North Korean forces on several occasions, all with devastating results.

I wish they had given us a little bit of background for some of the characters. The only flashbacks into the past is when the students are leaving and all the mothers are sending their children off. However, the fact that the director and producers were able to make me cry so hard and so much without any back story is amazing. They get you hooked on the characters by who they are and their relationships with each other. It is breathtaking the way they all stand together, fight with and side by side. There is so much growth in every single character that it breaks your heart when the real fighting begins.

The entire time I watched this my hands were covering my mouth and I was holding my breath. I forgot to breathe several times and became dizzy. It is that intense.

Music: Honestly, I didn’t pay much attention to the music. I was too busy crying and watching the action going on.

Cast/Acting: It’s no wonder that Choi Seung-hyun, T.O.P, won two awards for this movie. I haven’t seen acting this good since I watched 1 Litre of Tears. Their performances are so breathtaking and so heartfelt that it breaks your heart. Even the more minor characters. You can’t help but want to reach out and hold each and every one of them. Even the ones you hated at first.

Rewatch Value: 10

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: I thought it was a very good story. It portrayed both of the characters nicely and the story, though short, was very funny. I wish that it was more than a 100 day enslavement, everything felt a little rushed because of that, but I understand that they wanted the 100 day enslavement to go with the popular dating anniversary.

Music: Possibly one of the most versatile soundtracks out there. It’s got classical, rock and a bit of pop. It doesn’t disappoint.

Cast/Acting: I loved it. I thought they had great chemistry together and both of the leads were pretty funny.

Hana Yori Dango : Final
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: The plot was a little exaggerated, but then again it’s a fictional movie that’s based off of a manga. Of course it’s going to be a little out there. Still, it was really funny and romantic. Since there is nothing similar to this movie out of all the remakes, you literally wonder what the hell will happen to them next. Just how far will everyone push each other?

Music: I honestly didn’t pay much attention to the music. I think the theme, One Love by Arashi, is really good. Not sure why it starts out with Bag Pipes though.

Cast/Acting: They all stay in touch with their characters, though sometimes it felt a little over played.

Dropped 12/12
Summer X Summer
Mar 13, 2012
Dropped 0
If you're into happy dramas then this is perfect for you. I couldn't finish the drama because it was so . . . happy. There wasn't enough pain or drama for me to continue on. I liked that Joe Cheng was in it, the acting was fair and the music okay. I just prefer drama's with more drama. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give this drama a try, you might like it. I just didn't.
Smiling Pasta
Aug 17, 2012
Story: The producers call this drama a remake of the Korean ‘Full House’ but with the media playing a bigger role.

I found this story to be rather enjoyable and lighthearted. It starts off right in the middle of things. With Xiao Shi going off to meet her boyfriend and He Qun bailing from a press conference and running into each other. You get to know more about the characters as the story progresses. Of course the main female character is an innocent, upbeat girl. She’s pretty much ‘Mary Sue.’ While I found that annoying a lot of the time, it didn’t really stop me from enjoying everything. At times it did seem a bit boring and over played, as if the producers were just throwing random drama in the couples direction. But it all worked out in the end and while I was a little relieved that it was over, I was also a bit sad. It is a good drama to watch when you’re in the mood for something a little more upbeat.

Music: The music is wonderful. Cyndi Wang sings the main theme and it is one of the most played songs on my ipod. I have a couple other songs from this drama as well, including a very special song from He Qun (I won’t spoil it, just watch the drama :D )

Cast/Acting: Cyndi Wang did a wonderful job. She looks the innocent part. Nicolas Teo, who plays He Qun, was okay. I thought a lot of his acting looked forced. Except for when he was ‘preforming’ his musical acts in the show. He acted as a big shot pretty well, I think, mostly because he is one.

Gino and Joyce Zhao did a great job complimenting the drama as the younger brother and ‘the other woman.’ They added great drama and

READ MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com/

Hana Yori Dango 2
Aug 14, 2012
Story: I loved the second season just as much as the first. Now that their together they need to stay together. There was so much drama thrown their way that it seemed as if they would never get a happy ending. They were constantly being pushed apart while desperately trying to stay together. From watching other versions I had a sense of what was going to happen but it was still really interesting and really funny to watch. I actually prefer this season over the first

Music: Just as good as the first OST, but not better.

Cast/Acting: I didn’t really like the acting of the supporting characters (Shigeru etc.) but everyone else was fine. Not like their acting could get worse after such a brilliant success with the first season two years prior.

A Tale of Two Sisters
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: At first I had only seen the American remake, titled The Uninvited, which was wonderful. That one had scared me several times and held me in suspense. When I learned it was a remake I was so excited to watch the first. Originals are always better than the remakes. I wasn’t disappointed. It’s a great scary and suspenseful movie. I jumped more than once and ever screamed in fright several times. Even though I had seen the remake and had an idea of what was going to happen, it was still original and the ending still shocked me. I never knew what to expect and slept with the closet light on that night.

Music: It’s a scary movie so you can guess what the music is like. Classical stuff that builds up the suspense and then clashes so that it scares you. But other than those parts there were some really beautiful compositions that flow so nicely and make you want to smile. I'll be 100% honest with you: it is one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've listened too.

Cast/Acting: I think everyone did a great job. They all seemed genuine in their parts. They were wary when things were uncertain, scared when something strange happened. Im Soo Jung and Moon Geun Young were brilliant and much better actors than the girls in the remake. (They’re still good, I just prefer the original).

Hana Yori Dango
Aug 14, 2012
Story: It’s a really interesting story. Despite having many remakes in many other countries, Taiwan, China, Korea and even Indonesia, they all seem unique. While many people claim that the series, no matter which country, particularly this one, is overrated, I don’t feel that way. It doesn’t matter how popular the show is, it’s popular for a reason. That reason, in my opinion, is because of the very funny and romantic plot. I love watching Tsukushi and Tsukasa’s relationship develop and watching them fight.

I’ve watched the first season many times over, just to watch her fall in love with him. It’s a good drama, literally full of drama, but also a lot of laughs.

Music: An amazing OST. Of course, Ai Otsuka has a song on the sountrack. But the theme is sung by Arashi, Matsu Jun being a part of the group it’s obvious why.

Cast/Acting: Mao is a really spunky actress and I think she was perfect for the role. The same with Matsu Jun, he has a lot of energy which was perfect. Everyone seemed sincere in their acting.

Boys Over Flowers
Aug 14, 2012
Story: Despite this being one version of many from other countries it is really different. They took the same base line, poor girl in a rich school who gets involved with F4, and twisted it. Out of all the different versions this one is definitely more glamorous. Tons of sports cars, lots of vacations and exaggerated events. It was really exciting to watch this show and figure out what would happen. The mother is so much more evil than the one in the Japanese version and it added to the drama. I was at the edge of my seat most of the time, wondering what would happen next.

But it’s not only about the drama, the romance was exceptional too. With 25 episodes nothing felt rushed or forced. It all seemed natural. It was fun to see her fall in love with Jun Pyo and stay close with Ji Hoo.

That’s the good thing about 25 episodes, everything is evenly spaced and not forced or rushed. On the bad side it stirs up some impatience and you might find yourself wanting to rush through because it is a very, very long drama. But a really good one.

Music: Being a fan of Kpop, I loved the soundtrack. It includes songs from SHINee and SS501. It was really interesting to hear them, though they felt a bit over played towards the end.

Cast/Acting: The boys of F4 did a wonderful job. They seemed really close, like actual friends instead of actors. Not to mention, they’re all hot. Hye Sun was wonderful. I admit I didn’t like her at first, I thought she wasn’t very pretty. But my opinion changed after the show and after seeing what she looks like girlish instead of tomboyish.

Ikemen Desu Ne
Aug 17, 2012
Story: The bar was set pretty high with the Korean version but this is still amazing. Personally, I think the only good looking character was Ren. I had no problem with the usual ‘Second Guy Syndrome’ in this drama because I didn’t find him attractive, at all. That doesn’t mean that they weren’t good actors, because they were. I love that they changed some things around as well. For example, in the K-version Mi Nam is trapped on the top of a moving truck. In this version Mi Nam is stuck on some construction equipment. And that there are three reporters investigating and creating disturbances instead of just one. They’re both similar but different at the same time. That might not make sense reading this, but once you watch it you’ll understand.

There wasn’t much to hate about this but there are a few things. Like how this is only eleven episodes long when the original is sixteen. This means it’s a little faster paced so sometimes it felt a little rushed.

Music: Another good OST to listen to. They recorded a Japanese version of ‘Promise’ the signature song from the Korean version which I liked because Tamamori Yuta has a great voice. There are some original songs as well that I listen to a lot.

Cast/Acting: I didn’t have many problems with the cast nor the acting. My only concern was Yaotome Hikaru, who plays Yuki, the Japanese equivalent of Jeremy. I understand they played the same part but I felt like hetried to hard to be the cutesy and childish role instead of putting himself in the role and trying to make it original. He did okay at times but I felt like he wasn’t really made for the role. As for Takimoto Miori (Mio/Miko) and Tamamori Yuta (Ren) I really fell in love with them and believed in their romance. I play the ending of the show so many times because they have undeniably good chemistry and should act in another drama together.

READ MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com/

Atashinchi no Danshi
Aug 12, 2012
Story: I haven’t seen a drama similar to this yet. The whole situation, throughout the drama, is hilarious. Chisato is posing as a homeless person to escape debt collectors and when they corner her, an old guy says he’ll pay off the debts if she marries him. What’s not funny about that? And then there’s the personalities of the sons. Each one of them is different, from being a womanizer, to have a phobia of women or being a recluse. I laughed every episode just watching Chisato trying to unite them as a family and overcoming their hardships. I was never bored.

Music: I didn’t really care for the music much, except for the theme.

Cast/Acting: The entire cast was great. I really enjoyed watching them. Since they all played characters that are completely different from one another, they were all very interesting. Sometimes it seemed forced but they were still great and will make you laugh your ass off.

SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com/