• Last Online: Jun 30, 2018

insertrandomcoolname

insertrandomcoolname

1 Litre no Namida
May 31, 2011
I have never seen a drama that has made quite an impact on me as this one has. This drama is based off of the true story of Aya Kito and it really is upsetting that this disease truly exists without a cure. Every day now I feel happy that I can speak, write and walk while she had to continue living as she lost those abilities.

The main actress and actor had such amazing chemistry that even after months, just hearing the song "Konayuki" by Remioromen breaks my heart. Thus being said the soundtrack is beautiful.

The reason I didn't give the rewatch value a 10 is because, despite this being a flawless drama, it's too heartbreaking for me to watch again. I would really love to, since it's my favorite, but I have never cried so much in my life. You will want to watch it again but if you are like me, you're not sure your heart can take it.

MARS
May 31, 2011
This is the second drama to have captured my undivided attention. I've never seen a drama that can portray mental illness, suicide, rape and such dark subjects and portray it well.

Vic and Barbies preformances were flawless and spectacular. Other than the 1 Litre of Tears drama, I've never seen such amazing acting.

The director had a habit of not playing music at times which just added to the creepy atmosphere. I thought it worked well with the scenes. When there was music, such as the theme song, they were all well chosen.

This is one drama you won't regret watching.

Hi My Sweetheart
May 9, 2011
The story itself is so unique. You always see drama's that involve romance and comedy, there are even a ton of gender benders. But none quite like Hi My Sweetheart. Xue Hai held the award for biggest dork and completed the look with a mushroom head haircut, thick rimmed glasses and an under bite. Bao Zhu was shunned by everyone and didn't care what they thought until "Lin Da Lang" came to school.

One of the best things is that until about episode 5 the gender roles are reversed. Instead of the "innocent girl" falling for the "bad boy," You have an innocent boy falling for the girl everyone hates.

The casters did an amazing job with casting Show Luo as the main lead, seeing as he's a giant piece of eye candy. Rainie, who played an innocent girl in "Devil Beside You" did an amazing job with an opposite role. Together the two of them will have you wanting to cry at sad moments and yell at the screen as if they can hear you.

This is my all time favorite drama. I've re-watched several times and will continue to re-watch it. At first I had given up at episode three but curiosity took over and I started watching it again. At first you may seem disappointed, watching a dork when you want to watch a hunk. But it's all worth it.

You won't regret watching this.

Kimi no Yubisaki
Sep 1, 2011
Everyone has their own opinion of this 17 minute short film. It's viewed as confusing and disappointing by most, but I viewed it differently. To me, it didn't seem boring or pointless. I could sense how close those two girls were by just sitting with each other quietly and discussing whatever topics topics came to mind, such as the sea and the sky. I do wish it was a little longer and more detailed but I like it the way it was. The whole 'movie' was open for interpretation and it feels like a lonely-more-than-friendship-kind-of-love, to me.
Ouran High School Host Club
Aug 17, 2012
Story: I stumbled upon OHSHC a couple years ago, read the manga (several times over) and watched the anime. I eagerly awaited the episodes to be aired and was not disappointed. The directors and producers stuck very close to the manga and even kept the exaggerated feel, such as when Tamaki’s feelings are hurt, he is plastered to the wall in shock. You can tell that they put a lot of effort into this drama and the script.

I was a bit disappointed at how short the episodes were, and that there were only 11. However, a movie was announced during a fan meeting on August 25, 2011 and will continue off from the conclusion of the television series. The film is set to be released in March 2012.

Music: The classical inputs that they have really have that ‘royalty’ sound to it whenever it’s played. I would have liked to have seen the original theme from the anime but the new theme fit perfectly as well.

Cast/Acting: It’s not just the content of the drama that stuck close to the manga, the actors did too. Not only did they all look the part, they even acted it. When the cast was first announced I remember there was a lot of talk that Yamamoto Yusuke wasn’t fit for the role of the Prince. I believe he is the Prince. He did a wonderful job getting into his role and staying with the character, especially with all the weird expressions and voices.

I could go on and on about how each and every actor suited their roles perfectly. But that would make this review way too long. Honestly, they were all so brilliant that I’m rewatching it again.

Dropped 12/12
Mendol
Mar 13, 2012
Dropped 0
The whole plot sounds amazing. Three girls, who are desperately trying to become idols, witness a crime and become male idols to protect their identity. What doesn't seem funny and dramatic about that? The thing is though, the acting was just so corny and the way the story played out it was so unrealistic. None of the characters are particularly likeable. I love a good gender bender, but this was not one of them. I personally couldn't finish watching it. I gave up, I thought it was so bad. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try, you might like it. I just didn't.

You're Beautiful
Aug 17, 2012
Story: It truly is hilarious. A nun moving in with three boys to be in a band! This is one of the best romantic comedies I’ve seen.You would not believe the kind of trouble such an innocent girl gets into. Surrounded by three stunningly handsome boys, how could she not fall for one? Honestly, even I did. I had a bad case of ‘Second Guy Syndrome.’ And how could they not fall for her in return? It was so much fun watching her pretending to be a boy and watching her fall in love (and not even know it.) There was such great flow between events and it really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The only con with this drama is that she is too innocent. It makes sense that she would be seeing as she was raised by nuns. However, there are times when it gets on your nerves a little bit.

Music: An amazing OST with every member of A.N.Jell singing.

Cast/Acting: Every single one of them, from the manager to the president, from Mi Nam/Nyu to Yoo He Yi and A.N.Jell were amazing. It was refreshing to see so many different personalities played out well. Honestly, out of everyone, I think Lee Hongki did the best. Like in Muscle Girl, he was the most funny and my favorite character.

I Give My First Love to You
Nov 27, 2012
Story: Despite this being a cliche romance story, two people in love and one gravely ill, it manages to grasp your heart and your undivided attention. It doesn’t matter how many times I see this type of plot, I still fall heada first into it and cry each time. It must be because of the time limit, that they are so young and die so quickly, before anything truly begins. While they loved in high school and shared many experiences, it was only the beginning and it had to end so quickly.

This is one of the first movies that I watched where I started to cry within the first half hour. It isn’t usually until the climax or ending, but not this one. Even when it starts out with Takuma and Mayu as young children, there is a small sense of hopelessness. You just know what is going to happen and you don’t want it to end that way.

It is true that the plot is simple and the ending predictable, but that does not mean it isn’t a good movie. While the ending may affect your opinion, it isn’t all that matters. What does is the journey, how Takuma and Mayu got there and how it affects you.

One more thing: Don’t go in comparing this to the manga like people do with Koizora. Yes, it is a live action but it is also a movie on it’s own and deserves to be viewed as that. Don’t judge it because it was different, but because of the story and their love.

Music: It was sweet, quiet and romantic. It didn’t have too much of an impact on me. It mostly just set the scene and mood.

Cast/Acting: A big part of the reason why I wanted to watch this way because of Inoue Mao and Okada Masaki. I had seen the two of them act in their respective dramas (Hana Yori Dango/A Gentle Breeze in the Village) and I kind of wondered if they would have been able to pull off a deep romantic movie. The way they act is so different. Mao has that stubborn and happy vibe while Masaki seems a bit more reserved. In the end they pulled it off very well and seemed to have great chemistry. While he pushed her away she remained stubborn, grasping on tighter and unwilling to let go.

Rewatch Value: 10

Quartet
Aug 17, 2012
Story: The whole story was brilliantly written and scripted. I loved every second, from the violence and drama to the slightly humorous scenes. I only wish the drama was longer, as the episodes don’t even hit 30 minutes long. It is a very short drama, one you could watch in a couple of hours. But it is good none-the-less. Everything was so interesting, with the Japanese and Chinese mixed together. It is definitely worth watching.

Music: The music set the mood of the scenes really well, but it isn’t anything memorable in my opinion.

Cast/Acting: Fukuda Saki, who plays Shun, was just as amazing as she was in IS: Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei. I think she was even better in this drama, with all that angst and violence. There are several scenes where she has to speak Chinese and does it really well. I loved Takeru’s character. Matsushita Yuya did a great job being the comedy of the drama. There were a few moments where I didn’t really believe him, but he still was amazing.

Attention Please
Sep 30, 2012
Story: It’s a really funny drama, one that made me laugh countless times. This drama is very light-hearted and fun with very light romance. It’s a good drama for when you finish a deep and serious drama, a take-things-easy kind of show.

Misaki is the type of girl that would actually annoy me in real life. She hardly takes things seriously, well for her it is serious, because she’s always joking around, trying to be funny. But the characters in the drama don’t see the sincerity of who she is. She hates when things get tough between friends and is always trying to lighten the mood and break tension. Though at times she seems very careless and thoughtless, especially with friends, she really seems to come through for them in the end. One of the best things about this show is how you see Misaki gradually mature. She comes to understand how things are in her life and what she needs to do to overcome the obstacles in her path.

What I really like is how the drama takes place behind the scenes at an airport. You see the classrooms, the mock cabin where the girls practice being in an airplane and the hanger with all the planes. Not only is the drama funny but I actually learned a lot about planes and safety on them as well. I even gained a little respect for them. I, as well as Misaki, learned that being a cabin attendant is more than just “being a waitress in the sky.” While I have no interest in any career that deals with planes or airports it’s a good drama that is really worth watching. It’s just that once you watch it, it’s not one of those dramas where you wanna keep rewatching. At least it’s like that for me.

Music: After a while I found the music annoying, mostly because it’s played a lot. But over all the songs aren’t bad, they’re nice with a nice beat.

Cast/Acting: I rather liked the cast. The best, of course, was Ueto Aya and Nishikido Ryo. While they didn’t have good chemistry as a romantic couple they definitley were good together. They seemed to get along good and were very carefree.

Aya was brilliant once again. I really fell for Misaki towards the end because of her. She really gets into her role, it’s as if she is Misaki Yoko, a carefree-tom-boy-rocker, who doesn’t take things seriously.

Ryo could have done better. His acting wasn’t half as good as it was in 1 Litre of Tears, which seems to be his best drama. But that doesn’t mean he was bad. He was very sweet, funny and easy to like. His character was more laid back and I think that’s why I didn’t really like his performance. So I don’t blame him. Don’t get me wrong though, he did pretty good.

Rewatch Value: 6

Hana Kimi Remake
Aug 14, 2012
Story: I want to start off this review by saying, just because this is a remake doesn’t mean that it’s a carbon copy of the original. There is some speculation, myself included, that this remake was made because people felt that the original Sano Izumi was too cold and didn’t really seem to like Mizuki. While I absolutely love the original and have watched it many times, nothing can replace it.

The remake is actually pretty good. I started this drama with hardly any hopes at all, expecting to be disappointed and let down. Remakes are hardly any good, but this drama proved wrong. They took a different path by changing certain aspects. The dorms were the same as were the classes, but instead of the school being brilliant and amazing, it was in ruins, in constant need of repair and always on the verge of being shut down by the board of directors. One of the best things about this drama was that they kept the original Hanayashiki Hibari, because no one can play her better than Iwasa Mayuko.

They kept a lot of key aspects like the original soundtrack, and as I said earlier some of the locations, but added a new flavor to it that was rather pleasing.

I just want you all to remember that this may be a remake but it isn’t really based off the original. Many people think it’s upsetting how similar the two dramas are, with the set, music and actors, but keep in mind this isn’t based off the original drama but the MANGA.

Music: I really would have liked to hear different music but the original sound track was just as good. They did use a new theme song, Flying Get by AKB48, which was okay. Nothing compared to Ai Otsuka who sang Peach for the 2007 version.

Cast/Acting: With this remake I also believe they were trying to give new actors or idols a chance to show their stuff. Quite a few were unhappy with the way Miura Shohei acted, claiming that he was just like Ikuta Toma. Please keep in mind that he wasn’t copying the original actor, but acting as the character does. Sometimes it all seems amateur-ish and other times it was okay. The story was the part I cared about the most, not the actors. In the original Hana Kimi the couple I shipped the most was Mizuki and Sano, go figure. This one though I shipped Nakatsu and Kayashima, as you see a lot more of their friendship here and how close they really are.

However, there was some new eye candy such as Kiriyama Renn who played Nanba Minami and Tokuyama Hidenori who played Oscar. This cast isn’t as good looking as the original, but every one has something good looking about them.

SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com/

200 Pounds Beauty
Aug 12, 2012
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: What doesn’t sound interesting about this movie? Not only is it funny and cute, it also contains a very important message. The way I saw the message is, beauty equals corruption. Extensive plastic surgery, eating disorders and such. I’m not saying being beautiful is wrong or corrupt. Only the way some people go about achieving it.

I found this movie very funny, the way people treated her, pre and post-surgery. I loved Ha-na’s character and disliked others, but that’s part of the fun of watching this movie. Seeing how people react and change the way they are and think. There was a ton of growth in several of the characters through out this movie. It isn’t just a shallow movie with funny parts. Kim Ah-Joong has you laughing within the first ten minutes.

Music: Some of the best music I’ve ever heard. Kim Ah-Joong, who played Ha-na and Jenny sang all of the songs, including Maria. I’d watch this movie again just to hear her sing.

Cast/Acting: In addition to a beautiful voice, she can really act. Kim Ah-Joong is a triple threat, displayed well in this production. She was very sincere and put a lot of work into her performance. Ji Seo-Yun, who played antagonist Amy, did an excellent job as well.

Azumi
Nov 27, 2012
Story: This is the first historical show I’ve watched. I never was really in to them, not even the ones in English, but this really opened up a new world for me. It was interesting to see how feudal Japan looked through the eyes of the assassins. To them it is kill or be killed and most important: complete the mission no matter what. They are not allowed to let anything cloud their mind or judgement or allow anything to hold them back. Not even if it is a fellow assassin dying. The whole aspect of the movie is cruel and relentlessness. But that is what keeps you holding on and watching to see what will happen next.

Even several minutes into the film you become attached to all ten of the assassins and even their teacher (though you don’t know it yet.) Watching Azumi I felt close to her while she went through so many hardships. Falling in love, betrayal, revenge and a constant urge to keep fighting on, even when it seemed that all hope was lost. I just wanted to stop the movie, give her a hug and tell her that she would be all right.

Music: I can’t really recall too much music. What I do remember is that the music reflected the scene around the characters. It wasn’t too modern or loud. It was quiet, in the background adding to what was going on.

Cast/Acting: I gotta say I blame Ueto Aya for making fall for Azumi. It’s like I said earlier, I just wanted to hold her and comfort her and it’s all because of Ayas intense performance. It seems as if she isn’t just pretending to be Azumi, a female ninja whose heart was torn and turned to stone. It’s as if she is Azumi, fighting on to complete her mission no matter what.

The other performances are just as spectacular but Aya is the star and she is the one you focus on the most.

Rewatch Value: 9

Miao Miao
Nov 27, 2012
Story: This movie is slow paced with not much drama and a very small plot. In a nut shell it’s a foreign exchange student, Miao Miao, trying to find love and figure out why the one she loves is sad. The rest of the movie is her and her friend Ai goofing off, talking about life and such. It’s a story about life, friendship and loving someone you never thought you would. I prefer faster paced movies with a deeper plot and engaging drama. This one is more like A Gentle Breeze in the Village in the sense of pace and plot.

Ai is a normal teenage girl with normal friends. None of them are good at baking and they love to joke around and goof off. Miao Miao is an exchange student from Japan who is very quiet and shy. The two girls hit it off right away and spend the majority of their time together. They are normal teenage girls. In the end Miao Miao falls in love with a guy who is so self absorbed and depressed. He spends his time with noise cancelling headphones on and searching for CD to help him remember his lost love and best friend. Ai, thinks Miao Miao spends too much time with him and is jealous. She wants Miao Miao all to herself, but not for reasons she thinks.

A warning to prudes: there are underlying homosexual tendencies in this movie. Nothing even remotely ‘graphic’ though. In all there are two different main love lines in this movie, a third in the background. None of them bloom by the end which really disappointed me.

I found it a little too boring and disappointing. I wanted something more to happen and develop between the characters, but nothing ever did. In all it’s a good short movie to watch if you want something a little more light-hearted that deals with friendship and finding the one you truly love.

Music: Honestly, it never made that much impression on me. I do remember that in the second hand CD shop it sounded like a lot of indie music. That wasn’t too bad. Honestly, I was more focused on what was going on in the movie than the tunes.

Cast/Acting: They weren’t bad, but they weren’t amazing either. Personally, I really invested myself into them, trying to figure out who they were and just what the hell was up Chen Fie’s ass. I loved Pinna Sandrine’s characters. While she was immature and goofy there was a sadness to her. Her parents aren’t together, she caught her dad in bed with a woman, and she loves someone who won’t love her back.

This was the first movie I’d seen Ke Alice in, but I was impressed. I know her major from college was English, but she did really good with Japanese. There wasn’t a whole lot spoken, but she really nailed it. Her acting was just as good, she really seemed shy and introverted.

Rewatch Value: 7

1 Litre of Tears
Aug 12, 2012
SEE MORE DRAMA AND MOVIE REVIEWS HERE: http://dramadevoted.tumblr.com

Story: This movie is just as profound as the drama was. I don’t want to say that the movie was more serious (they both are) the movie just didn’t have a male lead to look after. Here, we watch Aya struggle on her own, with only her family and the help of a few friends. There’s not much more I can say as this movie is just as amazing as the drama. I cried nearly as much (partly because I knew what was going to happen) and also because of some of the struggles the drama didn’t portray. Despite being based off of the diary of the real Aya Kito, both the drama and the movie are brilliant in their own ways and really make you appreciate being alive.

Music: Brilliant. This soundtrack has been on my ipod for a year now. It’s one soundtrack that you will never get tired of listening to.

Cast/Acting: In my personal opinion I think Asae Oonishi did a better job portraying a sick character. While Erika was brilliant I believe you see more of Aya’s stuggles with Asae. I think it’s because, even though she has friends, Asae had to portray her struggling on her own. Not to mention she had to do five years condensed into one movie and not portrayed in an 11 episode drama. I think that in itself was a struggle in which, as an actress, she overcame and did wonderful. She also played Asumi, Aya’s roomate at the disability school, in the drama and did a wonderful job there.