• Birthday: August 22
  • Join Date: February 4, 2017
Hwarang
Mar 31, 2017
I was a huge sceptic of historical dramas, especially when it came to the Asian history. I thought that this was going to be like those weird and awkward medieval films with poor acting and low morals...

...However, watching this drama was the best decision as it was spectacular. It perfectly combined historical, action, comedy and romance genres into a one big masterpiece. Not only did I become more interested in getting educated about whole Korean history, but about some of the cute actors as well!

Just look at all of those hot oppas on the posters of this series! Look! It was only appropriate for the name "Hwarang" to actually represent the "Flowering knights" because the actors were stunning! The OST amazed me but most of all the fact that some of the actors sang some songs themselves! I mean, every character, not only the knights, but the second lead character and the antagonists had a lot of charm and translated their characters really well.

I especially fell in love with Park Seo Joon. I loved his acting and I'm becoming more and more curious about him, so I'll jump onto this actor's train of dramas.

Overall, I'm proud to say that Hwarang was the first historical Korean drama that I've watched. If you're curious even a slightest bit, please check it out! And don't forget to check some of the interviews and the behind the scenes episodes, since they're a great addition to this as well.

Mr. Sunshine
Jan 31, 2019
Mr. Sunshine was a fantastic drama! Just the overall feel of it, the cinematography, the excellent writing, acting and the mesmerizing soundtrack made it look like an out of this world masterpiece. I probably started watching this because of the reviews and because Netflix also streamed it. It's a great series for beginners into the Korean drama world. Plus, it's educational and a must-see for history lovers. First of all, I appreciate all of the effort put into design, costumes and the scenery. It did feel like the viewers were living in Joseon. Second, there were so many various characters of different backgrounds and aims, so many to choose from to be your favorite. Personally, the badass Gu Dong Mae and the fiery Kudo Hina stole my hearts. Not to mention all of the side characters which made the dialog and storyline very enjoyable. The only thing that I disliked was that there were no intimate scenes between the lead couple. Some might argue that it isn't necessary for a drama of this sort, but somehow it made the love story a bit unrealistic at times. Third, I've admired the interchangeable serious and comedic moods throughout the drama. The comedy lifted off the seriousness once in a while and it was refreshing. In addition, the transition between Korean, English, Japanese and sometimes other languages felt super sophisticated and alive. And fourth, I have to admit that the soundtrack was fantastic and now in my daily playlist. So many great artist became a part of the OST and brought in different colors to the series.
Overall, this is definitely a gem and one of the best-produced Korean dramas out there. If you enjoy beautiful shots, historical shows and good quality dramas in general, please pick this one up and watch it. It will forever be remembered and quoted by me anyways!

Little Forest
Apr 15, 2018
Caution: grab something to eat while watching this movie because you'll be mesmerized by the food shots.

As a lot of people named it - refreshing, lively is what this movie is. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing with the eye-catching cinematography, but the story itself is very calming and warming. It's simple yet nostalgic. For me, it's probably because I'm also from a small town and I'm moving to a huge city very soon. This movie made me fall in love with the message it sent out - you always come back and feel your absolute best in your childhood home. The cooking scenes were shot with such art, I really want to start making homemade food now! The main character was quite relatable and she reminded me of someone I know personally. The lead female is somehow inspiring, to be honest. I fell in love with the simplicity of her character. The supporting cast was lovely too. They added the right amount of spice to this movie. However, I wanted something more intense to happen between all of the characters. On the other hand, I think that the directors wanted to focus on completely different things rather than a cheesy romance or failing to maintain relationships. That's what makes this movie unique - it puts off all of the stereotypes that you'd except from a Korean movie. To add to this film, the soundtrack was ordinary but very fitting and calming - definitely a nice touch!

A great movie to enjoy before bed, seriously. It captured the modern countryside life realistically and left me nostalgic and my head full of memories about my hometown. It's a "feel good" movie, so go and watch it! But make sure to grab a snack because you'll get very hungry!

Love in the Moonlight Special
Apr 30, 2017
These special episodes of the drama gives you the insights, behind the scenes, the making of the drama moments and so much more. It was really fun seeing how the cast members connect, joke around and give their own opinions. I was amazed by the fact that there were so many people casted as extras (+300)!

If you're a fan of the series and you greatly enjoyed the episodes, there are 3 specials episodes of the Love in the Moonlight series including behind the scenes, the bloopers and never seen before scenes. You'll enjoy it!
W Special
Feb 24, 2017
A great recap for a great drama! This episode takes a deeper look into the series and fills in with the essential information for the viewers, in case they've missed it. Also, the special episode shows behind the scenes footage and the actors getting into their roles. An interesting episode for "W - Two Worlds" fans overall!
Itazura na Kiss: Love In Tokyo 2
Feb 24, 2017
Following my previous review on the first season of this drama, I'll repeat myself by saying that this is one of the best manga adaptations ever! Although the scenes don't appear in the manga, the creators surely did a splendid job while creating and filming the scenes. The second season doesn't lack any romance, every episode makes you squeal and "awww"!
They need a season 3 seriously :D
Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo
Feb 7, 2017
This was actually the first asian drama series that I started watching. I'm a huge fan of the manga and the anime so one day I stumbled upon this. I mean, this series is so cute and funny, a way better adaptation than the anime in my opinion. I fell in love with the characters, especially with the relationship between Kotoko and Irie's mother, and of course, with Irie himself.
Definitely worth a watch and a rewatch since there were so many great scenes that touched me, made me laugh and made me "awwww"!
My Secret Romance
May 30, 2017
I was really looking forward to this drama. I mean, REALLY REALLY looking forward to it. The trailers and teasers were so intense and made the series stand out among the rest of the 2017 dramas.
Even now, I feel wronged by my own decision to rate this drama quite high up there. I was actually quite disappointed that it didn't meet my high expectations. The story is predictable, not very unique but simply enjoyable enough for me. What I really disliked was the filming style. Now, I know what a low budget drama looks like. However, I mainly wanted to see Sung Hoon oppa's acting once again since I feel like he was born to play a prince charming/rich guy in a bubbly and cheesy romance drama.

To simply describe what this drama is like, I'd say it's "almost every romance Asian drama cliche jumbled up into a draggy but cute 13 episode cycle". Would I re-watch it? Probably not. Would I recommend it? Yes, if you are single and ready to watch a romantic story that you probably want to take part in someday.

A-Teen
Nov 24, 2018
I'm a huge fan of these short web dramas, and as soon as I finished watching the sequel to this called Seventeen, I went straight to indulge in this.

Set in a Korean high school, this made me relive the previous 4 years of my life. This series is centered around what most students face in their every day school life: the beauty and hardships of friendships, stress and grades, first love, future career choices etc. The main group of 6 friends in this drama were really diverse, but I felt that some of them overdid it with the acting. To be honest, I was mesmerized by the lead female actress playing Do Hana. She made this drama shine and now I have a massive girl crush on her. Other than that, this show was quite basic and nothing new, nonetheless, I really enjoyed the cinematography and quality of this drama's production. The only other thing that I was quite dissatisfied with was the ending, leaving many unanswered questions and begging to make a season 2. Briefly, if you enjoy short high school drama and just want something light to watch, go for it - it's on YouTube, waiting for you to watch it!

My ID is Gangnam Beauty
Sep 17, 2018
I had really high expectations for this and the drama really did satisfy my taste: it was your typical romance series but better, very fluffy, serious and relatable. Definitely the Kdrama diamond of 2018!

From the first couple of episodes I became quickly addicted to this and wanted more. I'm a sucker for male leads who are still in love with their high school crushes. Kyung Suk - an unusual male lead, gives off a cool vibe, but in fact he's clueless about love and so called "adulting". The actor who pulled the main character's lead off is by far one of the most handsome Korean entertainment faces ever, so talented as well. Mi Rae - a very strong female lead that was most-definitely needed to make this drama enjoyable. She didn't whine, she stood up for herself and became a role model for many young girls who have a complex about their appearance. In addition, her character was so diverse and I loved how she especially opened up towards the end of the drama. The main couple's chemistry was off the roof, especially during the last episodes when they officially became a couple (makes you a bit jealous of their love story not gonna lie). Other side characters were like little gems and I loved their backstories. In this university setting, you can see all types of students that you might typically meet in real life. Some were hated more, some were adored and made the drama complete. I especially loved Mi Rea's parents. Also, you have to check out the OST because both of the lead actors recorded songs for this series. The soundtrack is a lovely summery blend and perfectly fits the mood of this drama.

In my opinion, this is the perfect drama to watch for this upcoming college and university season. The story delivers a very strong message about looks and personalities and teaches you the new meaning of the word "pretty".

Radio Romance
Mar 20, 2018
With many both great and negative thoughts of the drama community, finally, Radio Romance has come to an end!

When I first saw this drama I squealed! Kim So Hyun is in this, she's kind of one of my favorites at the moment. The story looked promising too: your average love story, which you'd except to offer viewers many fluffy and cliche drama scenes that we all love. First of all, yes, there was an obnoxious amount of cliches that were honestly a bit too much. The storyline, quite unique and promising, turned out into a rich family feud that is almost like cancer in the Kdrama world. Second, there were many diverse characters in the drama, including an enthusiastic and cheerful female lead, a rich and arrogant male lead, the crazy but sweet second male lead, the mean CEO and many more. What I found the most dissatisfying and the reason why I quickly removed the drama from my favorites list was the lack of chemistry between the main couple. I didn't like Yoon Doo Joon's acting one bit! Why did the directors of this drama had to make him so possessive towards the end? Felt more of a psycho rather than a jealous male lead if you ask me. On the other hand, many people argued about Kim So Hyun being too young for her role, however, I though the opposite: she was spunky, cool and her fashion sense was amazing! So, without the strong chemistry and deeper meaning in a drama, I couldn't bring myself to say that this drama was brilliant. But surely, I'd rewatch it and give it some more though.

I personally knew that Radio Romance would surely be in my top drama list. But that didn't go as planned, I lost it as the drama was progressing downhill. Oh well, I still hope 2018 brings us something better.

Because This is My First Life
Jan 13, 2018
With many positive reviews and appreciation for this drama online, I had to watch it. Now I became one of their own who definitely recommends watching this!

It's one of the best dramas of 2017 unarguably. It might not seem like that at all from the first glance. If you look at the plot, you have most definitely seen this story somewhere else and you can predict how the story is going to turn out eventually. However, classic stories like these make watchers somewhat nostalgic. Actually, it's not the story that draws in people to continue watching, but the magnificent and heartfelt dialogues between the characters. I was really inspired by some of the best quotes that were spoken during the dialogues and monologues. Also, I really enjoyed the 3 different love storylines in the series. They all focus on 3 completely different couples, their problems, their wishes and chemistry. Speaking of love sparks between characters, I though that the main couple was so adorable! Although the cast wasn't that star-studded, now I'm a an of some new actors. And as always, a good OST is a must for me to rate a drama highly. Personally, it's one of the best soundtracks in a drama that I've ever heard! Especially the tracks "Everyday" by Hae Bin and "Marriage" by MoonMoon just colored the drama with emotions!

This drama will definitely be added to my favorites list. I'd rewatch it again and again, so please, start watching it too!

Go Ho's Starry Night
Nov 29, 2017
Wow! I just literally finished watching this 5 minutes ago and I can surely state that this is hands down my favorite drama at the moment. I was longing for a super cute and romantic series and this was the best decision to watch it right away!

To begin with, I'm quite sad that this is a short web drama. On the other hand, I'm not quite sure if it would've been more enjoyable if it was a full length TV drama. The creators are brilliant since they managed to squeeze every ounce of the major plot details, important scenes and humor into 20 episodes. The time flew by super fast while watching this, so you know it must be good. I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and their relationship every time I left my apartment! This drama also made me daydream a lot. Dramas that make a huge impact on me are highly appreciated and kept in my heart forever! Yes, the relationships. The main couple had some serious chemistry. Any time they were shown on the screen together, I was dying from excitement and adorableness. Honestly, my heart even skipped a beat once or twice. This was my first drama starring Kim Young Kwang and I instantly fell in love with this actor! Seriously, I admire how he managed to pull of that tsundere character so well. Other actors too, I've seen some of them before playing completely different characters so it was nice to see them transform into something new. The music was very fitting as well, especially that one song from the OST called "Candy Star". Overall, a drama worth rewatching 110%!

These are the type of dramas I like best - with amazing chemistry, comedy and romance floating all around! Trust me, you'll be hooked on the first episode and you won't regret watching it!

Train to Busan
Aug 20, 2017
As much as I love and have seen many Hollywood zombie movies, this one by far is my favorite one.

The storyline is great, the whole movie is not draggy at all and focuses on different characters. Speaking of characters, I fell in love with the cast and they became my "dream time" of some sort, if I were to be in a zombie apocalypse. There is nothing much to say really, other than that you HAVE to watch it! It will put all of those American zombie movies to shame. Just don't forget your napkins and some popcorn, because were going to Busan! (cheesy, I know ) :D
The Liar and His Lover
May 10, 2017
Finished watching this just 10 minutes ago. I thought I'd make it to be the first one to write this review but oh well :D

Honestly, the only reasons why I became interested in this drama was the original manga and that Joy from Red Velvet was the female lead. I don't typically watch musical dramas because they can become very cheesy real fast and the music could get on your nerves. However, the major thing that I found lacking the most was a powerful OST. Since it's a drama based on music and the entertainment world, I would've loved the variety of amazing and touching songs and occasional appearances of Kpop stars.
The story itself was quite lovely and light. I could the storyline being nicely fitted into a fresh anime, since it has that type of shoujo genre vibe. I was missing some characters' backstories, more screen time for the secondary couple please!
I thought that the casting was appropriate, moreover, I found some brilliant new actors to stalk... Also, the second lead syndrome was real, rooted for Chan Yeong oppa all the way~~~
Briefly, it's a fluffy and a lighthearted drama to watch if you're a music or a fan of the manga. Don't expect too much though since it's quite generic and predictable.