• Last Online: Oct 14, 2019
  • Birthday: August 22
  • Join Date: February 4, 2017
The Bride of Habaek
Sep 12, 2017
I, like so many other people, was so excited for this drama to air. I simply and usually love movie or drama adaptations of manga or manhwa. And for many others and me as well, this series was a big let down.

Unlike many other dramas, this one had a very disappointing beginning of the story, while it progressed into something that I really enjoyed. Believe me, it got soooo much better towards the end. The biggest issue for me were the characters. Was it the acting? Was it supposed to be like that? The actors couldn't act out simple scenes and made me feel quite awkward, actually. Nam Joo Hyuk's acting in particular. I've seen many of his roles before but playing Habaek didn't suit him. Furthermore, let's take a look at the main female character. I hate it when the female lead is presented as weak and as a crybaby. However, with many negative reviews, I wouldn't completely neglect some of the aspects of this drama. The main focus for me was the OST. Aaaand that's why I gave the music a solid 10. The songs were heartfelt and perfect for the drama, kind of reminded me of Goblin's OST.

Overall, the drama isn't as bad as the people review it. Sure, the acting sucked and it was filled with plot holes, but there are many great scenes that filled me with joy. Would I rewatch it? Probably not. Would I recommend it? Sure, for those of you who have seen all of the brilliant romance dramas out there and you have nothing better to watch.

The Legend of the Blue Sea
Aug 19, 2017
Another great drama from a spectacular writer!

The Legend of the Blue Sea is probably one of the greatest multi-genre drama series out there. Starting from the fantasy genre that all of the kids grew up with, continuing with romance, comedy and thriller all throughout the show. The cinematography was superb, especially when shooting historical locations and scenes. The story is pretty much straightforward, however, it lacked some originality, especially towards the end.
I enjoyed the cast of the drama a lot. Wasn't a fan of Lee Min Ho actually, but his acting was ridiculously good. I wouldn't imagine any other actor playing his character. The main and side characters made me fall in love with them as well. Furthermore, I want to put a huge emphasis on the fashion that the stylists chose for this drama. The clothing items were an eye candy for me and an inspiration.

Definitely a drama to come back to after a couple of years. It's magical, romantic and very fresh. Big applause for the directors, creators, actors and the staff, they did an amazing job!

Love in the Moonlight
Apr 30, 2017
Seeing this drama's trailer on the front page of MDL made me watch this. It was only the 2nd historical Korean drama that I've watched, so based on the genre and concept, I can only compare it to Hwarang.

It has everything: action, comedy, romance, drama. For some reason, I really admired the first couple of episodes but I started to lose interest very soon. Probably because the storyline was quite unrealistic and predictable at times. I felt obligated to continue watching. Despite the plot holes, I was really drawn to the gender-bender side of this series although it irritated me at times. The lead couple had an amazing chemistry. Although I'm really late on this one, this was the series where I discovered the amazing Park Bo Gum. Damn, he has charm and his acting skills are top notch. The soundtrack was quite powerful as well which made the drama even more emotional and enjoyable.

This drama is an easy-to-watch historical series for beginners that are only starting to get interested in the genre. Especially romance genre lovers, beware of the cutesy/lighthearted romance scenes and start watching this!

Cheese In The Trap SP
Apr 12, 2017
Loved this little recap and behind the scenes of my favorite drama! You could see that the actors got along really great, they're very talented themselves and the staff did an impressive job of bringing a very popular manhwa to real life!

Although it's kind of sad that such a great series came to the unfortunate ending, but this special episode reminded me of the great times on set and the unforgettable moments during the actual drama. Super worth watching!
Switch Girl!!
Mar 12, 2017
Started watching this in the beginning of my Asian drama discovery. Gave this a go because I'm a huge fan of Japanese high school themed anime, manga and drama, but was quite disappointed with this one. It was overly fake, the jokes weren't even that funny and the characters were definitely cringe-worthy. This series is just a very generic and simple Japanese drama based on the manga, I'd recommend picking something else instead of wasting time with this one.
Descendants of the Sun: BTS
Feb 26, 2017
This was a great episode that was an essential to wrap up the whole series! It was fun getting to know the actors from up close and especially getting to know their thoughts on their characters and the story as well. The bloopers and reactions were heartwarming and funny.
Thank you everyone that made this drama happen! Saranghabnida! ~
L♥DK
Feb 25, 2017
The story of this drama is quite overused, since there are so many series with basically the same plot or the same concept. But I'm actually a huge fan of the whole "girl living with boy" idea! I was quite disappointed with the casting for this drama, actually. The acting was lacking, the ending was quite generic. I'm guessing the manga is probably a lot better.
Kiss Me
Feb 25, 2017
I've seen so many Itazura na Kiss adaptations already but this one wasn't my favorite. I hated the fact that they changed some of the plot details yet I enjoyed that the main male lead showed more romantic interest than in other adaptations of this series. The actor did a nice job while playing their characters. Would recommend to watch for a Thai incorporated vibe~
From Me to You
Feb 24, 2017
I've been a fan of the anime and manga for god knows how long. The simple but touching and cute plot of the anime was really well made into a great movie. Would recommend this for those who have seen and read this series because it's basically all the same. Honestly, I watched it for the feels between Sawako and Kazehaya.... :3
Itazura na Kiss 2: Love in Okinawa
Feb 24, 2017
A beautiful bridge episode between seasons 1 and 2. I love how this episode highlights that Kotoko and Irie are slowly but surely getting used to being married and they seem to be changing a little bit. The filming location is gorgeous. Overall, a great preparation for what's about to come in the next episodes.
Good Morning Call
Feb 24, 2017
Saw this on Netflix and decided to give it a go. The story really reminds me of the Korean or Thai "Full House" series with the concept of strangers living together. I was hoping that this series would have more romance but I found myself quite scared of the main character, Uehara Hisashi, actually. The female lead, Yoshikawa Nao, was kind of awkward as well. I don't know, if it's the actors or if it's like that in the original manga, since I haven't read it yet, but there isn't a lot of chemistry between the two main characters. The are better romance dramas out there for sure, so I wouldn't re-watch it.
I saw that there'll be a season 2 of this drama so I'm still quite excited to see what'll happen! Let's hope that the next season will focus on the romance more!

Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto
Feb 7, 2017
Ever dreamed of a summer romance? This is not your typical cutesy, bubbly show. It's better than that!
I love the fact that this romantic plot is majorly combined with elements of work, family, food and most importantly a summer romance. The casting was amazing for this, Mirei Kiritani was the best for her role. I don't want to spoil a lot but there are a lot of great "eye candy" guys in this too, so if you want a short and sweet series, definitely give it a go!
Something in the Rain
May 21, 2018
Probably one of the most promising dramas of 2018 which turned out to be less and less immersing in every following episode towards the end.

I'd give this show a 5 or 6 if I had the guts, but you don't even know how excited I was for this drama and I'm still trying to convince myself that I love it more than in reality. The hype was real: the stunning trailer and the cinematography were unbelievable, I saw some of my favorite actors as the leads, the plot summary was something that I'd adore to binge-watch. With much anticipation, I started watching the drama and believe me when I say, the first couple of episodes were spectacular! The chemistry, the colors and the camera skills, the beautiful English soundtrack which was like magic to my ears. Like so many other people, I'd be tired waiting for the subtitles and I'd go on a search to look for some fan subs. At that moment I knew that Something in the Rain would definitely be one of my all time favorite Korean dramas. However, as the series progressed, I was afraid that the love story was moving on too fast. The directors basically compiled the majority of the main plot details into the first half of the drama. Hence, the show got draggy all of the sudden. Some side characters didn't show any development and made me really frustrated. The main couple, however, kept their charm and chemistry right till the very end. This couple is probably the one of the main reasons that I want to love this show so much. In addition, I loved that the problem of sexual assault was brought up as one of the main topics of this drama. Hopefully, it will bring more awareness as it is a huge problem in Korea especially. Some of the other things that made this drama the most enjoyable experience was the music soundtrack and the cinematography. I never even imagined that an English OST would suit this beautifully shot drama so well.

I have every reason to put this drama in my favorites because it's very much fits my liking. I do admit that this series made it into my favorites list, however, it could've been so much better and likeable, I blame the directors for the lack of ideas and poor story planning.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Apr 17, 2017
This was one of the dramas of 2017 that I started watching as soon as it first aired and I just finished it today. Man, it was soooooo good! It's a perfect combination of the rom-com and thriller genres. Never have I ever watched a drama where I was squealing almost every episode from the cutesy and romantic scenes but also where there was suspense and horror lurking in the corner. And it never got boring or super cheesy, especially I was very fond of the unique humor. It was very well incorporated to make this series fresh and easy to watch. Some people might criticize the violence or the unnecessary abuse scenes in the drama, but half of this story is unrealistic and shouldn't be taken very seriously.

It's a wonderful story about 2 people falling in love, how they develop feelings and trust among each other. I couldn't help but smile every time the leads were shown together, their chemistry is out of this world. The other actors did a spectacular job as well, none of the side characters were left out, since they got enough screen time to display their own unique roles.

If you're into very sweet and cute romance stories, you'll definitely enjoy this one like a delicious dessert. It's worth all of the hype so go watch it ASAP!

Hello Monster
Feb 4, 2018
With all of the positive and highly-rated reviews, I came in to burst the the beautiful the happy bubble. I simply didn't like this drama like most of the viewers.

Expectations? They are always high up there for me. To be frank, I only watched and finished watching this simply because two of my favorite actors - Seo In Guk and Park Go Bum, they are the main characters in this. The other cast - not so much, I was never a fan of Jang Na Ra's acting. Since this is mainly a psychological thriller with a bit of romance scenes, I now get why I didn't enjoy this as much. However, I do love an amazing mystery thriller, but this drama was lacking. Lacking what exactly? I wanted something crazy to drop out of the blue for me to watch it seriously. Like a deabak plot twist or something. Literally, I developed an attention span of a spoon while watching this. The only attention-worthy episodes were the first and the last ones. In reality, the plot line is detailed, written by a creative author, but the story wasn't fully developed and brought to life in my opinion. Good music is always a staple in a drama. I quite enjoyed the OST of Hello Monster, some songs are very catchy indeed.

So if I had to draw a quick conclusion, this drama could've been a lot more enjoyable and better, however, it lacked a lot. Myself, I don't even know exactly what it lacked, but it sure wasn't very entertaining and I almost dropped it. There are definitely a bunch of similar Kdramas that are better than this one out there so keep on looking!