26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Sakakibara Kouichi transfers to the class, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Based on Yukito Ayatsuji's novel "Another" (by the way if anyone knows where I can find the novel translated to English, please let me know. All I can find is the manga version)

There's also a manga version and a live action will be made this Summer.

Trailers

I watched episode 5 of this one today and I have to say, I'm loving the dark theme. Who else is watching it?
I haven't seen it, but it looks really good. I love dark anime like this :D
*sigh* It's still airing. :/ You've convinced me to start watching something that's not complete Lis! Grrrr lol
Sleepninja wrote: *sigh* It's still airing. :/ You've convinced me to start watching something that's not complete Lis! Grrrr lol

I'm evil like that...muajajajaja...If it makes you feel better there's already 5 episodes out and I think on Monday episode 6 airs...lol
LisNoir wrote: I'm evil like that...muajajajaja...If it makes you feel better there's already 5 episodes out and I think on Monday episode 6 airs...lol

Lol That makes me feel a little better...:p
I hope when they do the live -action (movie). It turns out good.
it's really an Scary anime
LOL, I don't find it scary at all.
I finished it yesterday. <3
Jajaja...why are you clapping? :p Are you watching it now?
Finished! Very suspensful and bloooooddyyyy but the time wasn't wasted. I enjoyed the animation and the opening song, only one character (Akazawa Izumi) I found somewhat annoying at times. Towards the end I thought that the amount of blood splashing around was a bit ridiculous but..okay, it's a horror after all. This was actually my third anime, therefore, I wouldn't consider my opinion very reliable.
I saw this anime. It wasn't scary but very interesting to watch. =) Misaki is one of my favorite characters now.