Vampire Knight (ヴァンパイア騎士 Vanpaia Naito) is a shōjo manga and anime series written by Matsuri Hino. The series premiered in the January 2005 issue of LaLa magazine and is still on-going. Chapters are collected and published in collected volumes by Hakusensha, with fifteen volumes currently released in Japan. The manga series is licensed in English by Viz Media, who has released fourteen volumes so far. The English adaptation premiered in the July 2006 issue of Viz's Shojo Beat magazine, with the collected volumes being published on a quarterly basis.
Two drama CDs were created for the series, as well as a twenty-six episode anime adaptation. Produced by Studio Deen, the anime series' first season aired in Japan on TV Tokyo between April 8, 2008 and July 1, 2008. The second season, aired on the same station from October 7, 2008 and December 30, 2008. The anime uses many of the same voice actors as were used for the drama CDs. The anime adaptations were licensed for release in North America by Viz Media, the DVD released on July 20, 2010.

Plot:
Yuuki's earliest memory is of a stormy night in winter, where she was attacked by a vampire... And then rescued by another. Now 10 years later, Cross Yuuki, the adopted daughter of the headmaster of Cross Academy, has grown up and become a guardian of the vampire race, protecting her childhood crush, Kaname, from discovery as he leads a group of vampires at the elite boarding school. But also at her side is Kiryuu Zero, a childhood friend who?s hatred for the creatures that destroyed everything he held dear, is now determined never to trust them. This coexisting arrangement seems all well and good, but have the vampires truly renounced their murderous ways, or is there a darker truth behind their actions? Because in this world of secrets, nothing is as it seems. And the price of misplaced trust may even be worse than death.

Source

------

//The thread's just a cover for spamming MDL with random pictures of Zero but psssh, it's a secret!
Ending One: (Kanon Wakeshima - Still Doll)

Ending Two: (Kanon Wakeshima - Suna No Oshiro)

Kanon Wakeshima's <3.
Vampire Knight is awesome.. It was one of my first romance animes.. Its just too adorable..
I'll forever remain a true VK fan and a YuukiXKaname supporter..

It would be so awesome if they actually made a dorama out of this..

Allthough it they actually gave Yamapi the role as Zero in this one, I'd be guaranteed to be having the 2nd lead syndrome all over again :\
<3 Too awesome.
Vampire Knight Opening: On/Off - Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi Vampire Knight Guilty: On/Off - Rondo
MonjaElisa wrote:
It would be so awesome if they actually made a dorama out of this..

Allthough it they actually gave Yamapi the role as Zero in this one, I'd be guaranteed to be having the 2nd lead syndrome all over again :\
<3 Too awesome.

This was actually quite interesting. Although I like Yamapi I'd rather have someone who has manlier features play Zero and the same goes for the rest of the crew.

I'd only support the idea of a drama adaption if the budget were to be very, very high. And they would have to find a style for the drama which is a perfect mixture of reality and fantasy without appearing tacky.

- Haha, anyone noticed the flying tattoo? ;)
I love both of Kanon Wakeshima's songs <3 And Zero *swoon* <3
omg are those her choices Yampi or Kami? How will she pick?
OMG, I totally loved this anime when I used to watch animes :D I never really got to completing the manga, so I still don't know how it ends, but I'm kinda glad, this means there's still a different side to the story than just where the anime stopped ^^
Btw. 2nd lead syndrom?? I think I've had that one in pretty much every drama I've seen, I'm always rooting for the other guy, even though it's obvious (almost always) who the girl will end up with
the manga is not complete by author, its still ongoing, so I think there wiil be no drama (dissapoint), because this manga is not popular anymore (sad)
The video is AWESOME!!!! Kame as Kaname??? KYAA~~~
YamaPi as Zero???
Are there plans for season 3 of the anime? I really hope so, I have kind of dropped the manga... not totally, I read it time to time... but actually the plot has become so empty, I don't want to finish it...
I actually DON'T LIKE... no, that's weak... I HATE YUUKI's character... grr... don't start me... I've been reading this manga for... like... forever...
I really don't understand what's Matsuri sensei thinking of by... not giving this great story a normal ending... finally???
Oh, and one more thing yuuki x Zero I seriously don't get how she can like that other Kam.sth. dude over him ^^ I really hope they end up together :D Even as an anime character he is way cuter ^^
MusicROSE wrote: Oh, and one more thing

yuuki x Zero

I seriously don't get how she can like that other Kam.sth. dude over him ^^
I really hope they end up together :D Even as an anime character he is way cuter ^^

Agree. I wouldn't simply abide by Kaname's rules, either, he treats her like a little pet.
Szasha wrote: Agree. I wouldn't simply abide by Kaname's rules, either, he treats her like a little pet.

Because she behaves like one...
VioletSakura wrote: Because she behaves like one...

True, but the right way would be to support her to become more independent. I wish she had a more rebellious character but
I suppose the shojo corner is the wrong place to look for a self-conscious girl/woman.