Synopsis:
Tsukino Usagi is an ordinary 8th grade schoolgirl who, one day on her way to school, saves a cat with a crescent moon on its forehead. At home, depressed after having failed a test, Usagi meets the cat again in her room. The cat, amazingly, can talk, and she introduces herself as Luna. Luna gives the dubious Usagi the ability to transform into Sailor Moon, the pretty sailor suited soldier of justice.

**Synopsis was borrowed and altered from this site.

Sailor Moon faces the Dark Kingdom, an enemy group that wants to take over the Earth. The Dark Kingdom consists of Queen Metallia, Queen Beryl, and the four generals: Jadeite, Nephrite, Zoicite, and Kunzite. Sailor Moon's mission is to protect the world while finding the Moon Princess whom she is sworn to protect. She finds allies in Tuxedo Kamen , a mysterious masked man who assists her in her fights but has his own agenda (and whom Usagi/Sailor Moon has a huge crush on), and the other Sailor Senshi (Sailor Scouts) that she gradually discovers in four other girls.

Trailers/OST:

Alert!!! There are several different seasons of this anime. While there are a lot of people that have already seen it, there are also many who have not. I would like to request that any potential spoilers (at least for the spoilers of seasons 2-5) be hidden in white font out of consideration for those who haven't seen it yet. Thank you!

So, while I saw a few anime here and there, Sailor Moon was the first anime I officially watch and followed along with. It is near and dear to my friends and I. In fact, it's still very popular internationally. ^^ I'm curious to know who has seen it or who is interested in seeing it. My favorite characters are Sailor Mars and Sailor Saturn.

Also! It's getting an anime remake! They originally planned to release it this summer, but it was pushed back to next year. I hope they release more info soon.
I've seen it. I watched some episodes with my Grandma and it was embarassing at times, to be honest, because of the character of the series. It was painful to watch, the formula got very old very fast. It was so cheesy it hurt. I felt Usagi should have more dignity, though I liked her good heart, she was just way too naive and blundered too much,. I really liked her romantic destiny with Mamoru though. I absolutely disliked Seyia in the final season. Though, in the final season the animation improved so much! I wished the lines were better. The R season was possibly my favourite one as it dealt with the future. But other than that...had it had a different formula and more developed characters it would have been better. Still..as I say I found the Usagi-Mamoru romantic background story very lovely and consistent and that's the only thing that saved it for me. The rest was rather annoying, especially the cheesy delivery lines about justice, I cringed EVERY time, lol. Later on I liked Yuuichirou, Rei was one of the better characters possibly. I always wanted to see Artemis in human form, though. I thought the remake was just to update some things like floppy disks to cds? Well no matter, I don't think I have any interest in it any more, much as I liked the romance as it had a lot of heart but I just wouldn't be able to go through the same cringeworthy elements I found in it. I wouldn't call i bad: it had a pretty consistent storyline, it's just not something I would watch again and perhaps it's because I"m not big on magical grls anime fighting monsters in the same way all the time, much as it had an underlying consistency. The highlights were the "boss" fights, but they were very few and far between, obviously.
"Fighting evil by moonlight..."

Oh, this brings memories of my teenage weekday mornings! Since I live in PR we don't have time savings, so those months I would have to wake up earlier to be able to watch the show at 6 30 am and still have time to get ready for school. I used to hate the months when the clocks went forward because the show would then be at 7;30 am and could only watch a few minutes of it. This is also the first anime I watched knowing it was an anime. I had watched one before Sailor Moon, but didn't know it was anime.
This is my all time favorite anime! I remember spending over $100 to buy the complete DVD collection and it's still one of my most treasured possessions. I try to watch it at least once a year. I even have favorite attacks. :p Mars's Burning Mandala and Venus's Venus Love Me Chain. :p I was always an Usagi-Momoru fan, but in Stars, I found myself kind of shipping Usagi-Seiya. I just thought that they ended up having so much chemistry together, even more than she and Momoru. Usagi has always been my favorite character in the series. I like how she is so clumsy and so dumb. She is so hilarious, especially in the seasons with Usa-chan. But yeah. BIG Sailor Moon fan here. :D
LisNoir wrote: "Fighting evil by moonlight..."

Oh, this brings memories of my teenage weekday mornings! Since I live in PR we don't have time savings, so those months I would have to wake up earlier to be able to watch the show at 6 30 am and still have time to get ready for school. I used to hate the months when the clocks went forward because the show would then be at 7;30 am and could only watch a few minutes of it. This is also the first anime I watched knowing it was an anime. I had watched one before Sailor Moon, but didn't know it was anime.

hahaha Exactly I didn't know that Speed Racer and Vampire Hunter D were anime until a long time after watching them. XD

CherryBunny wrote: This is my all time favorite anime! I remember spending over $100 to buy the complete DVD collection and it's still one of my most treasured possessions. I try to watch it at least once a year. I even have favorite attacks. :p Mars's Burning Mandala and Venus's Venus Love Me Chain. :p

I was always an Usagi-Momoru fan, but in Stars, I found myself kind of shipping Usagi-Seiya. I just thought that they ended up having so much chemistry together, even more than she and Momoru.

Usagi has always been my favorite character in the series. I like how she is so clumsy and so dumb. She is so hilarious, especially in the seasons with Usa-chan.

But yeah. BIG Sailor Moon fan here. :D

High 5! I was super excited this past weekend because I got autographs from the voice actresses that did Luna and Sailor Saturn. :)
My childhood! This was the first anime I ever watched. My cousin was obsessed with it and had practically all the episodes recorded on VHS tapes. We would stay up all night watching it. ^^ Good times. :)
Panda6 wrote: My childhood! This was the first anime I ever watched. My cousin was obsessed with it and had practically all the episodes recorded on VHS tapes. We would stay up all night watching it. ^^ Good times. :)

lol Same here! We used to record it on VHS while we were at school. I think we had almost every episode. My sister, my cousin, a friend of the family, and I were always making up games related to the storyline. lol

I think I still have some of the official VHS somewhere, we bought a few of them.. The problem with that was, when they first put them on VHS in the US, they did it out of order. lol
With the remake in the works, they are now releasing a lot of new merchandise in Japan! ^^

I like that the figures are posable!

definitely a big fan of Sailor Moon. It was one of the first animes I started watching, next to Speed Racer, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, etc. Loved everything about it. My favorites were Sailor Mars, Sailor Neptune, Sailor Jupiter, and Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus. I also liked the live action to Sailor Moon also and it's one of my favorite live action adoptions. Looking forward to the anime remake ^_^