Sleepninja wrote: Great choices! I wish I could have fit all of the genres in this poll, since there are a ton of other great ones. ^^ I also enjoy the psychological and mystery types. ^^ Have you ever seen Serial Experiments Lain? It's one of my favorite psychological anime. :)

I"m planning to watch Lain after Psychopass, it does sound interesting, but I was thinking more along the lines of of lord of the flies-esque Bokurano which was pretty good, though missing some things (but a haunting opening theme); there is the investigative/mystery/sci fi Dennou Coil or psychological/suspense/mystery/ drama Monster which is my all-time favourite anime series ever.

Yes, anime has REALLY taken me by surprise recently. I discovered so maaaany titles I loved that I couldn't believe it. There are great stories out there, except a lot of them are not very popular because they only reach a specific targeted group. Monster is an prime example of a hidden gem in this sense.
I'll take romance for 100, Alex
My favourite anime/manga genres are probably: comedy, fantasy and action.
Mines: Shonen,Shoujo,Romance,comedy,fantasy,historical,action.

Bold=Main
So hard to pick genre's.. but since I picked "other" #1 Action/Martial Arts #2 Supernatural #3 Shoujo #4 Detective/Psychological
I have eclectic taste in anime and have seen something from every genre. . .but comedy is my favorite!
oooh It's been a while since I last checked this poll. Action genre is starting to catch up to the top two. ^^ Romance still seems to be dominating this poll.
Comedy, action, romance, game related, supernatural, mecha, not much of a fan of science fiction I have a lot of science going on in my life lol!!! Psychology, crime and such. XDD
I think romance turns very predictable after a while (not just in anime but in general) so I went for fantasy. There's always unexpected things waiting to happen and you never know how it'll end up.
AdeNike wrote: Comedy, action, romance, game related, supernatural, mecha, not much of a fan of science fiction I have a lot of science going on in my life lol!!! Psychology, crime and such. XDD

I like to watch psychological anime sometimes. ^^

versaillesyoo wrote: I think romance turns very predictable after a while (not just in anime but in general) so I went for fantasy.
There's always unexpected things waiting to happen and you never know how it'll end up.

haha Yeah. When I watch a romance it's usually paired up with another genre to keep things interesting. ^^
Shoujo, Romance, Historical, Fantasy & Shonen Ai.
hahaha Wow. Romance genre is still dominating this poll. I'm glad to see that the other genres like Fantasy, Sci-Fi, etc. have a good amount of votes too. ^^ Don't forget to mention which genres you prefer when you select "Other". I'm curious to se what else is popular. I wish there were more options for the poll.
Cyberpunk tho I like them all.
Action, Supernatural, Comedy, some Romance. 
Action, Psychological, Thriller, Romance, Drama
I would most likely watch an anime if it has one of these genres as a main focus.