Hey y'all, this is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place!

I recently started watching Cheese in the Trap and after an episode and a half I absolutely hate the main guy! I think he's such an ass and that a relationship between the two main characters would always be unhealthy. Does his attitude ever change significantly, or does the show just give a sad back story for him to try to excuse the emotional abuse he's been putting her through? Does she even end up with him? Did any of you feel the same? 

I don't want to keep watching this series if it will try to condone psychological abuse.

Hey there! Dont worry, you put your post to the right place :) (i suggest also using public mdl feeds, i'm sure many chatty people will happily discuss with you!)

Honestly, it'S been a really long time since i watched the drama but iirc he wont get excused too much. the drama will actually acknowledge that he's a sociopath/psychopath but it will also point out some manipulative tendencies female lead has... which i never really saw in her tbh . male lead's attitude does change (i believe he 'bullies' her at the begiing so she would notice him or some shit like this).

The drama has open ending which alludes to them ending together.

Personally, i enjoyed the first half of the drama because it had many interesting characters (istg every single character in the drama is crazy - it has stalkers, psychopaths, hysteric women, manipulation, identity theft or whatever you want to call it  and so on) but the other half did not live up to my expectations. So if you dont like the drama now, just drop it :)

The drama is based on a popular webtoon with the same name. It is very popular for many years before they decided to turn it into a drama. It follows the drama for the first half and then the production team decided to stop discussing the story with the original author Soonki in the second part. Actually, in the webtoon Yoo Jung is not a psychopath and the character is described really well with a good ending. In the second part of the drama, TVN decided to give more exposure to the second lead and cut down a lot of the male lead's screentime which caused controversies. 

Despite what everyone is saying...I beg to differ. I am not sure where the difference of opinion lies but somehow this drama felt so close to me. Probably that is why.

1. I am on team Seong. In contrary to what others say, I love this guy. I do understand him a lot, it felt real and its also spine chilling (because of the familiarity of actions) But yes, I relate to him a lot and so I do prefer him more than the second lead

2. The second lead is unbearable to me. I dont like him at all and even if I see scenes of him with the female lead I get irritated. I dont feel bad for him at all.

3. I love the relationship of the two lead characters. For me, it felt authentic.

4. I get what this drama is trying to convey, and I find the meaning in that, thats why I love it. I relate so much to the Seong character.

5. I am aware that the last episode might be a let down (i’m on 13 now) but hey, the journey through each episode entails a lot of substance. Its very psychological in a sense. So, itS been fun so far