Xin Lei (Barbie Xu), a girl from a wealthy family, and Qin Lang (Show Lo), a guy who came to Shanghai to pursue his dream of becoming an artist, meet by accident at a corner when her car and his bike crash into each other. They meet again when Xin Lei goes to the restaurant that Qin Lang works at. They truly get to know each other when Xin Lei asks him to teach her how to make oyster pancakes. Then, Xin Lei's parents' company goes bankrupt. Without telling her, Xin Lei's parents go into hiding, leaving only a plane ticket and a key to their house in Taiwan. To make matters worse, Xin Lei's fiance breaks the engagement, due to his parents' wishes. The only two people she has now are Qin Lang and her best friend Xi Xian. Qin Lang then tells her that he is leaving for Taiwan, so they bade farewell. When Xin Lei arrives in Taiwan, she finds out that Qin Lang's family has been living in the house for years! After much controversy, Qin Lang's grandmother finally lets her stay. Thus begins a magical love story.

Cast:

Show Luo : Qin Lang
Barbie Hsu: Xin Lei
Jozie Lu: Cai Xiao Yang
Dean Fujioka: An Teng Feng
Carolyn Chen: Wen Bi Zhu (I like to call her Turtle)

MDL Link

So I'm currently watching this. I'm over half-way through it and I absolutely love it. It's got me laughing a lot. It's the best Taiwan drama I've seen so far. Normally with Taiwan dramas, the storyline will hit a slow period in which it feels like nothing is happening. I still have not hit a slow period with this drama. Show Luo and Barbie Hsu work well together in this drama. And there are a bucnh of wonderful side characters as well. There are even three characters that speak different languages in this drama. Two of them are Asian and are speaking French and English with amazing accuracy. There will be a few parts that are iffy, but overall it's really great. And the other character is a Westerner, who can actually act. And not only does he speak perfect English, he speaks Chinese with ease. As many of you know, this is rare to find in a drama. The one negative point is.....the female protagonist is really annoying and her acting is pretty bad. But I can overlook that since she's not supposed to be likable anyways.

What are your thoughts on this drama? Have you seen it? Or do you want to see it?

They are so cute together. I love this drama.
Sheesh! I love this drama! I wish I didn't have to keep stopping it because of annoyances like school and work. :p

Episode 14 Spoiler in whiteIf she says yes to Yin Shang Dong's proposal, I'm gonna reach through the screen and slap her!

*edit* Woohoo!

*edit again* No more woohoo :(
That synopsis looks interesting. I am adding this to my list.
Jeaniessi wrote: That synopsis looks interesting. I am adding this to my list.

Cool I just finished it and was very satisfied with it. I gave it a 10. Show Luo really impressed me in this drama.