I really have a love-hate relationship with Cdramas. I find them really charming but at the same time I find a lot of characters and situations in these dramas really frustrating. Was hoping people here might have some recommendations!

I tried to make a list of things I am (not) looking for in a drama:

- FL: She doesn't act like a child and does not get treated as one. She's a mature character that can stand her own ground, no damsel in distress, her and ML are a team. She doesn't neccesarily have to be physically strong, as long as she is strong-minded or learns to be (I usually like Bai Lu and Zhao Lu Si's characters)

-Relationships: They have a healthy relationship, there aren't too many/ too long misunderstandings because they actually communicate with- and trust eachother (I'm struggling to get through 'Till the End of The Moon' because of this). They aren't toxic and never truly intentionally hurt each other physically or emotionally (absolutely no 'Well-Intended Love' stories). On another note; would also prefer if they don't look like they've never kissed before lol

-MC's in general: I feel like sometimes MC's in Cdramas are/suddenly become idiots just to create more plot or drama.. I'd prefer if that did not happen or is at least used for proper character development so it won't happen again. The MC's don't have to be too serious though, a bit of humour is great (Romance of Tiger and Rose and My Uncanny Destiny were pretty funny).

Thanks if you've read all of this, hope there's some dramas that come to mind! I don't really care for the genre, I just really want a drama that has more mature characters and relationships

Thank you to everyone who has responded! I'm already really happy with all the recommendations and will try watching all of them. Please keep the recommendations coming so I'll never run out of things to watch ;)  I won't be responding to all comments, but on my profile you will see that I am keeping a list with all recommendations posted here (https://mydramalist.com/list/LQJbrmz3) and also on Viki (https://www.viki.com/collections/3801160l-cdramas) for those who'd like to make use of these recommendations too

Falling into you has a very mature female lead, plus the romance was epic. Its a sport based drama too. You could try it out. Its still my favourite cdrama since last year.

My Little Happiness is one of my absolute favorites and I think it would be up your alley. The FL is strong (becomes an intern lawyer from her own studies, not from university), and fights injustices. She then begins her internship at the hospital where the ML works (she is in the doctor/patient liaison department). The ML is her childhood friend but she doesn’t recognize him at first after ~20 years apart since she never knew his full name, only his nickname. I also love that from end of episode 1 (their reunion as he is the doctor she is looking to help her write the summary) that you are already set-up for a HE (other shows like this include Le Coup de Foudre and Forever Love). There are definitely humorous situations and their relationship develops well (there some slight jealousy from a misunderstanding but no real third parties on both ends and they are both resolved fairly quickly). Hope you enjoy!! ❤️

I'm sure you've heard of this drama before but Love Between Fairy and Devil. It tells the romance between a "lowly" fairy and the Moon Supreme so it's love-hate as in different tribes. FL is not strong physically but she also is not a weakling who just obeys the ML. She has her own ideas and understands that she can love the ML while still not approving of some of his actions. Humor is def included and they don't have misunderstandings. They communicate and there's no I have to choose my people or you thing. DFQC comes to terms with the fact that he can choose both. :)

She and her perfect husband  - lawyer and older FL , finance background, smart and younger ML. Their chemistry are great. A lot of discussion related to law but their romance keep making me punching the air. It's cute yet matured couple.

Intense Love  - famous actress FL , doctor ML. very supportive and understanding toward each other. Fluffy and visual couple.

Daising:

Falling into you has a very mature female lead, plus the romance was epic. Its a sport based drama too. You could try it out. Its still my favourite cdrama since last year.

Don't know if I would have found/started this one on my own, so I'm glad I got this as recommendation! It's definitely a really mature and realistic drama, yet at the same time also lighthearted and cute. I liked that the FL is a bit older and the ML's coach, I think it's quite the opposite of the usual relationship dynamic in Cdramas and it was really refreshing! Their relationship also seemed pretty healthy and they didn't let any of the typical drama affect them too much and yes they definitely have great chemistry! 

Chloe:

Don't know if I would have found/started this one on my own, so I'm glad I got this as recommendation! It's definitely a really mature and realistic drama, yet at the same time also lighthearted and cute. I liked that the FL is a bit older and the ML's coach, I think it's quite the opposite of the usual relationship dynamic in Cdramas and it was really refreshing! Their relationship also seemed pretty healthy and they didn't let any of the typical drama affect them too much and yes they definitely have great chemistry! 

Really glad you enjoyed it fam, I prefer mature female leads but almost all drama come with childish cute FL  lol

As someone who loves love-hate relationship in dramas, I still prefer healthy relationships.

I recommend the following cdramas with healthy FL and ML relationships:

- Love between fairy and devil

- Falling into your smile

- Hello, the sharpshooter

Dream of Splendor (pretty much everything you've requested)

The Long Ballad

The Justice (ML and FL get together  very early on and for the wrong reasons so  and there are huge misunderstandings  and unhealthiness  at the beginning but it's basically  about the the character's journey to  maturity and healthy relationship)

Jun Jiu Ling.

Back from The Brink. 

Princess Agents, The Long Ballad and You're My Glory - smart leads with matured relationships