I thought it was ... bizarre that no thread had been opened for this wonderful movie yet. I do believe it deserves one, if not for true discussion, at least to advertise it. It definitely holds a very high place in my list of favourites: this movie is clever, poignant, romantic, surprising and has got OUTSTANDING music.
It also belongs to those films one feels the need to talk about after watching it; the problem is, there's no way to talk about it without spoiling the plot, and spoilers here would be particularly annoying, given the "secret".

Following, some infos about the movie:

Secret (traditional Chinese: 不能說的秘密, literally "The Secret That Cannot Be Told"), is a 2007 Taiwanese romance film. It is the directorial debut feature film of Taiwanese musician Jay Chou, who also stars as the male lead and co-wrote the movie.
Ye Xianglun (Jay Chou), a music student majoring in piano, transfers to Tamkang (Danjiang) Secondary School. It is a school famous for musically talented students, especially in piano. On the first day of school, as he wanders through the piano building, he hears a mysterious melody being played that leads him to Lu Xiaoyu (Kwai Lun-mei), another piano major. When he asks her about the song she was playing, she tells him that it is a secret that cannot be told. The two develop a relationship that is clouded in mystery.

Has anyone seen it? Did you like it?
:)
I've watched it and I agree that its good and really worth watching...
I'm with you, Pink. My favourite scene must be (in white): when he falls asleep on the desk while she tries writing to him... how emotional. And the demolition scene, that last second note played on the piano, wow.
Funny how vivid some scenes are still in my mind. :)
oh wow...i had forgotten i'd seen this...it was quite a while back...thanks for reminding Rita, i'm adding it to my completed list...i had absolutely loved this movie..
I had heard good things about this film & its already on my PTW list
This was one of the first asian movies I had actually watched. I was introduced to Jay Chou in my Chinese class 4 years ago haha. His music at least. So after seeing he was the lead actor in this movie I wanted to watch, and I'm so glad I did! I keep wanting to rewatch it, it's one of my all time favorite movies. Brilliant, I loved the piano music, too! I'd recommend this movie to anyone!

Love this song! :D

SPOILER video

Ohhhhh, the piano duel...
You make me want to watch the movie again... like now. :D
I started off watching a not so great video & audio quality link which was a bit off putting but YouTube saved the day yet again lol

The film had a “quiet” & understated feel about it. It felt like nothing was happening but of course it was. The piano playing was amazing & the "duel" that was probably my favourite part about the film. I also like the father he was a bit wacky I loved that he made his son dance the tango with him haha I would so do that if I had kids ……I would definitely be an embarrassing parent.

Spoiler ---> I knew straightaway that she couldn’t be seen by others & thought she is a ghost & thought ok thats a cliche story line (I guess I have been inured to such cinematic ruses since The Sixth Sense :) ) but I am glad to say I didn’t anticipate the time travel twist so that was good. The ending what happens did they manage to meet up or did he “see” someone else before he found her & therefore would be invisible to everyone else……the last frame of the movie I couldn’t really make out who was in the picture, so that left some unanswered questions for me. Do they live happily ever after ? I hope so! <------

all in all a very good effort by Mr Chou!
RainRosie wrote: I started off watching a not so great video & audio quality link which was a bit off putting but YouTube saved the day yet again lol

The film had a “quiet” & understated feel about it. It felt like nothing was happening but of course it was. The piano playing was amazing & the "duel" that was probably my favourite part about the film. I also like the father he was a bit wacky I loved that he made his son dance the tango with him haha I would so do that if I had kids ……I would definitely be an embarrassing parent.

Spoiler ---> I knew straightaway that she couldn’t be seen by others & thought she is a ghost & thought ok thats a cliche story line (I guess I have been inured to such cinematic ruses since The Sixth Sense :) ) but I am glad to say I didn’t anticipate the time travel twist so that was good. The ending what happens did they manage to meet up or did he “see” someone else before he found her & therefore would be invisible to everyone else……the last frame of the movie I couldn’t really make out who was in the picture, so that left some unanswered questions for me. Do they live happily ever after ? I hope so! <------

all in all a very good effort by Mr Chou!

To answer your question: he kept on living in her time, seen by everyone I guess, as suggested by the photograph he's in at the end of the movie. That's how I interpreted at least. :)
Actually a surprisingly good story. I was quite surprised at the ending. The OST was also really good. Not the best, but surprisingly successful it being Jay Chou's first (or first few) works.