Mulan follows the Chinese folktale of Hua Mulan, about a young woman who dresses as a man to fight in the war in place of her father.

Cast[LIST]
[*]Zhao Wei as Hua Mulan
[*]Xu Jiao as young Hua Mulan
[*]Chen Kun as Wentai
[*]Hu Jun as Mendu
[*]Jaycee Chan as Fei Xiaohu
[*]Nicky Lee as Hu Kui
[*]Liu Yuxin as the Rouran princess
[*]Yu Rongguang as Hua Hu
[*]Vitas as Gude
[*]Sun Zhou as the Wei emperor
[/LIST]

Trailer:

Who has seen this movie? Was it good? Or did you hate it? Or do plan to watch it soon?
no way !!! really? this is my next top of my watch list! but i can't find it anywhere!
I don't know if this works for you: Mulan @ DC
LisNoir wrote: I don't know if this works for you: Mulan @ DC

yeah, found it. can't believe that it's from 2009 and I didn't even know that there were a movie. thanks for the hint.:) i'm gonna go watch it now!
Maddallina wrote: yeah, found it. can't believe that it's from 2009 and I didn't even know that there were a movie. thanks for the hint.:) i'm gonna go watch it now!

No problem. Enjoy. :)
I've heard good things about this but never got around to watching it. I think its finally time.
Skye-N-Rain wrote: I've heard good things about this but never got around to watching it. I think its finally time.

Yeah, I've been meaning to watch it too, but just haven't gotten around to it.
LisNoir wrote: Yeah, I've been meaning to watch it too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Why are we lazy!
Skye-N-Rain wrote: Why are we lazy!

Jajaja...
This was one of the first movies I watched after I joined MDL :D Haha mostly because I loved the Disney version so I wanted to see a version that was closer to the original story. I thought it was a pretty good movie. I don't remember too much now but I know I liked it and thought it was done well.
She totally looks female. And the men at the camp are no androgynous idols.....LOL
I have been meaning to watch this for a while because i loved the disney version. i cant belive i didnt have it on my PTW list.
I saw it a while ago, it was really well done even made me cry, I really liked it ^^ @rated 10
I just finished it. Besides the unbelievable situation of she passing off easily as a man, it was a pretty good movie. And I could enjoy it more after I "suspended my disbelief" (Jeanie this may be my favorite of all your catchy phrases...lol)

Also, this movie was so depressing, especially ->at the end. I would have preferred they both died in each other's arms in the battlefield (that's as romantic as I get...lol) than THAT ending. I scoffed. I hope she marries someone else even if she'll remember him for the rest of her life. Or if she'll decide not to marry that she'll forget him<-

I only teared up once (but didn't cry) when ->Tiger kept being stabbed and finally killed.<-
This movie is really beautiful. It was really depressing, but you can't say you hate Titanic because it's sad. It's still really beautiful and you'll watch it over and over.
The acting is superb, the music and directing...well, for me it's a 10.
The scene that will always be in my mind: *when they sing the funeral song to their friends that are going to be killed in front of them.* It's just beautiful, and not overacted. In this movie, nothing is overacted, that's just splendid.
Just don't expect to find Disney when you watch this movie.