I am looking for suggestions to decide what to watch next. If you want you can add the reason why you liked them.

I'll leave off stuff on the air I rate really highly and probably in the top 10 (Princess Agents, The Eternal Love (not Eternal Love - Peach Blossoms)). I also haven't seen Battle of Changsha and won't list any industrial stuff (ex: Wu Xin Monster Killer is set in a time with guns and vehicles).

1. Go Princess Go - super funny, makes fun of everything you typically find in Asian dramas.
2. Nirvana in Fire - good story of revenge.
3. Legend of Chusen - I like the adventure aspect - a group of friends exploring the world after being trained in a sect/cult their whole lives.
4. Princess Wei Young - another story of revenge but a lot more in the way of love and a couple.
5. Eternal Love - fantasy and decent love story I guess. I liked some of the side characters more like the demon princess.
6. Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang (Remake of Treasure Raiders) - entertaining characters, not a true comedy but I found a lot of it funny.
7. Swordsman - kind of like #6 in that the lead character is cheeky and the show is entertaining but it's not really a comedy. 
8. Journey of the Flower - I honestly forget why - maybe it was the master-student relationship growing into something more. It's a decent fantasy/historical show.
9. Man Comes to Tang Dynasty - it's funny time-travel, season 2 is unsubbed and I think season 1 is missing some subtitles but yeah, funny and light.
10. Scarlet Heart - I'll throw it in because it's a classic that inspired so much (like Go Princess Go) but I personally wasn't really a fan.
I haven't seen many yet, but so far

1. Princess Wei Young

2. Go Princess Go

3. Scarlet Heart

4. Imperial Doctress

5. Palace: Lock Jade Heart (I can never get the title right)

I didn't really like the last two though, even though I find Cecilia to be pretty xD

I'm currently watching a bunch of others too, but they're more on the fantasy side really like The Eternal Love (not ten miles of peach blossom).
i have just one ice fantasy  and it's one of my favorite drama  
1. My Bratty Princess
2. Journey of Flower
3. Xi Die Yuan Yang
4. Eternal Love 
5.Princess Agents
6. The Legend of Zu
7. The Bride with White Hair
8. The Four
Eternal Love
Legend of Mi Yue 
Empresses of the Palace
Scarlet Heart 
Imperial Doctress
Nirvana in Fire
Battle of Changsa 
General and I 
Princess Wei Young 
Princess Agents

1. The disguiser

2. The journey of flower

3. Nirvana in fire

4. Princess agents

5. Battle of changsha

6.lady and liar

7.  Princess Agent

8. General and I(Currently watching but so far its good)

1.  Red Sorghum (2014)
  2. Nirvana in Fire (not quite a historical but a fictional-historical drama)
  3. Can't Buy Me Love (it added a lot of fun to my childhood)
  1. The Princess Wei Young - such a great FL. She was smart, capable, strong, beautiful, well spoken, and kind. The ML was great too. He had a good balance of trusting the FL's capabilities and wanting to protect her. I enjoyed the FL's interactions with all of the other characters. There's a fantastic scene where one of the characters asks why the FL is framed / falsely accused of things so often, and it was such a funny meta moment. Even though it's not a comedy, it managed to make me laugh and cry. I found it refreshing that I was never annoyed with the leads. (note: I didn't like the first episode, but it quickly picked up)
  2. Sound of the Desert - Strong, smart, capable leads, the main couple had excellent chemistry (and really fantastic skinship - I was surprised it wasn't censored), and all of the main characters live in the end
  3. The Eternal Love (not Eternal Love / Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) - I love it when it's just completely obvious how much the leads love each other and are attracted to each other. It doesn't happen in a flash in the first episode or two, but once they get there, this drama leaves zero doubt about that. I was also impressed with the lead actress' ability to portray two very different personalities. 
  4. The Imperial Doctress - the FL is smart, capable, and kind. She grows a lot and becomes very strong (one of the male leads also grows a lot). There are multiple romantic interests.  
  5. Lost Love in Times - If you couldn't tell already, I generally like Cecilia's dramas. I liked that the FL in this one was so powerful, and some of the tropes they used (e.g. the life / death bond). The leads were talented, capable, smart, kind, honourable, and loyal. I also liked several of the supporting characters.

Not historical / fantasty, but I found there were some similarities for me:

• Love O2O - the leads are wonderfully calm and capable people. They both have a great group of supportive friends, and are great at trusting each other. On top of that, the leads are both gorgeous, and the drama never drags or gets bogged down with tired tropes (e.g. no controlling parents opposing the relationship). 
  1. Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan ----my favorite drama of all-time, even though it's a really long drama. Great acting, storyline, characters, filming. Female lead is very smart and strong, goes through a lot of tough things in her life in the harem. Not a lot of romance though. It's based on a really long book series that was originally really good so it's a good adaptation too. Considered an iconic classic in China. Ever since I first watched it in 2012, I've seen the entire thing six times and I read the book series twice LOL how extra can I be
  2. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms ----I honestly picked this up on a whim since I don't watch romance dramas often and I didn't know any of the actors in it, but I was seriously addicted to this show when it aired. It left me with a lot of feels, the great acting, storyline, and awesome soundtrack (I have all the songs on my phone). It's very rewatchable and I became a big fan of Yang Mi afterwards :D
  3. Battle of Changsha ---awesome character development especially for the two twins. They were annoying and immature as hell in the beginning but provided much of the humor for the show, and then along with the unfolding of WWII, they also grew up :') all the actors are great in this and it's a real big family drama +Wallace Huo eye candy lol
  4. Bright Sun and a Gentle Breeze ----not super popular here on MDL since I'm pretty sure almost no one's heard of it but it's a very very very heavy and depressing drama that made me cry like every other episode LOL but omg the despair and helplessness of that era of Chinese history and stuff was portrayed really well in this drama. The acting was great and this drama has literally one OST but that one OST can make me cry almost any time I hear it LOL not a drama you should watch when you're in a good mood but a great drama to watch when you're feeling sad. 
  5. Nirvana in Fire --- masterpiece LOL great complex plot and storyline, awesome acting, cinematography, bromance, even the underlying romance, even though it's a more male-centric drama, all the female characters were strong and badass in their own special way, especially loved the OST song sung by the female lead
  6. Sweet Honey ----set in the 1980s so idk how historical this would count as but I really like the dramas set in this era, the love was like innocent and it's like the time when my parents were young lol the story was okay and honestly I don't remember a whole lot of the plot since I watched it years ago but all I do remember the leads having sooooo much chemistry and were so cute together in it and like now they're married and have two kids in real life!! Also the name of the drama is based on Teresa Teng's most famous song "Tian Mi Mi (甜蜜蜜)" which is one of my favorite songs 
  7. Honorable mention: New Shanghai Bund ---this is a Mandarin remake of the 1980 TVB classic. This 2007 mandarin remake version was my first Chinese drama that I watched when I was way young; also the theme song is freaking iconic!! good memories :)
  8. I also want to put The Disguiser on here since I love it so far (even though I have it on-hold since the language is a bit difficult for me to understand and I don't have time rn to pay 100% attention to my screen when watching stuff lol) but I haven't finished it yet haha

1. Scarlet Heart

2. Nirvana in Fire 

3. Prince of Lan Ling

4. The Princess Wei Young

5. Legend of Lu Zhen

6. Legend of Hua Mulan

7. My New Fair Princess (New Princess Returning Pearl)

8. Palace: The Lockheart Jade

9. The Virtuous Queen of Han

10.  --- I couldn't find one

Haha, seems that I've watched fewer historical/fantasy C-dramas than I originally thought. Well, I should have stopped the list at 7, because everything after 7 was just good or not that great, but I still listed it for the heck of it :D

1. Nirvana in Fire

2. Battle of Changsha

3. Sound of the Desert

4. The Disguiser

5. Scarlet Heart

6. Sparrow

That's the ones I would recommend. I've watched a few more but I didn't like them very much.

I'm  going to list every good chinese drama I've ever come across. 

1. Princess Agents

2. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms

3. The Legend of Fuyao

4. Journey of Flower

5. Noble Aspirations 

6. Legend of Zu Mountain

7. The Negotiator

8. The Princess Wei Young

9. The Fighter of the Destiny

10. Ashes of Love

11. Ice Fantasy

12. Destiny of the White Snake 

13. Flames Daughter

14. Rush to the Dead of Summer

15. The Monkey King

1. The Untamed

2. The Legends

3. Eternal Love

4. Moon Lovers: Scarlet heart 

5. Prince of Lan Ling

6. Lost Love in times

7. Live up to your name (Historical + Modern)

8. Ashes of Love

9. The Journey of  Flower 

10. Cinderella Chief