Male or female lead of any drama, but whose personality has blown your mind/had an impact on you/made you obsessed over them.

I would like to watch a drama with a character that has interesting personality traits or interesting background story, etc. A not previously seen kind of character.

Thank you so much in advance! Have a nice day :)

• Nirvana in Fire - Mei Changsu /Lin Shu just is beyond awesome in portrayal and characterization..
  • Cruel City/Heartless City -  Doctor's Son/Paksa Adeul
  • Kenja No ai - Mayuko in her very path to dig deep, dirty and mesmerizing revenge
  • The K2 - this drama had Yoojin, the very multidimensional character that just hooks you, sadly the drama never maximized that
  • 1 Liter of tears - Aya
  • Mr. Hiragii's Homeroom - mr. Hiragii
  • Chief Kim - Chief Kim
  • New Tales of a Gisaeng - saran
  • Stepmother and Daughter Blues - Akiko Iwaki
  • I will Find you a better Home - Fang Sijin
  • Someday or One Day - 
  • Story of Minglan - Minglan
 Czakhareina:
  • Nirvana in Fire - Mei Changsu /Lin Shu just is beyond awesome in portrayal and characterization..
  • Cruel City/Heartless City -  Doctor's Son/Paksa Adeul
  • Kenja No ai - Mayuko in her very path to dig deep, dirty and mesmerizing revenge
  • The K2 - this drama had Yoojin, the very multidimensional character that just hooks you, sadly the drama never maximized that
  • 1 Liter of tears - Aya
  • Mr. Hiragii's Homeroom - mr. Hiragii
  • Chief Kim - Chief Kim
  • New Tales of a Gisaeng - saran
  • Stepmother and Daughter Blues - Akiko Iwaki
  • I will Find you a better Home - Fang Sijin
  • Someday or One Day - 
  • Story of Minglan - Minglan

thank you so much friend! :) I will give them a try!

I'm Not a Robot - both leads blown my mind, but the biggest impact on me had Chae Soo Bin, who I love in all her roles. 

Similar effect had Wan Peng in My Girlfriend is an Alien. I also like all her roles.

And from jdrama world it is Ueto Aya in Attention Please.

• It's okay not to be okay (Ko Moon Young played by  Seo Ye-Ji)
  • Hotel del luna (Jang Man Wol played by IU)
  • Vincenzo (Vincenzo played by Song Joong Ki)
  • A Korean Odyssey (Son Oh Gong played by Lee Seung gi)
  • Flower of evil (Do Hyun Su played by Lee Joon Gi)
  • Moon Lovers (Wang So played by Lee Joon Gi)
  • Sassy Go Go (Kwon Soo Ah played by Chae Soo Bin)
  • Tale of the nine-tailed (Lee Rang played by Kim Bum)

A River Runs Through It !!!!!! I'm absolutely obsessed with the male lead

This thread is under cdrama, so i reckon you are looking for cdrama?

Prince of Lan Ling: The second ML is quite a character, compared to the ML

I second Nirvana in FIre _ Mei Changsu is a gem.

Also:

Rise of the Phoenixes  - both ML and FL are fascinating, strong  characters  and I consider NIng Yi one of (if not the most) uniqe ML of all the dramas that I've watched.  As a bonus, the Emperor here is also very interesting character as well as ML's friend Xin ZiYan

I'm curious as to why there are so many k-drama recs on a c-drama forum. 

I can't think of a c-drama where I was totally blown away (granted, I've watched primarily contemporary rom-coms), but in Love is Sweet I really liked the FL, ML, and SML. I rarely ever have SML syndrome but he kind of did it for me. I just pretend that the last  6 episodes didn't really happen. 

Huang Qian  Sho 

Yu Kai Ning

Yuan Hao 

I’ve fallen in love with a few MLs over the last couple years, and while their personalities aren’t crazily different than those in other dramas, something about the way the actors deliver the lines, the looks, and the emotions…  just ticks all my boxes. 

Youth - The ML in this drama is my favourite of all time. There’s something about him just just makes my mind go back to his scenes, ponder his character, and re-watch episodes. The actor (Simon Lian, who also played the SML in Lost Romance) is so good at facial expressions that are believable and not over-done. Although he’s a cliché ML that starts out as a cold bad boy he never really turns into that soft puppy ML like some do. He always has an edge, but even with the edge you can tell early on that he’s also inherently good. He stays true to his character from start to finish  (which can be rare in C-dramas), but also has exponential character growth. 

The Romance Of Tiger and Rose - the ML (Ding Yu Xi) is a recurring favourite of mine because of the depth he can give a ML. 

Moonlight - Also a Ding Yu Xi drama, the ML gave me all the feels while I laughed at his antics and hilarious jealousy. He was a fantastic mix of cold, warm, immature, and wise beyond his years. It makes for some interesting banter with him and the SML.

The Rational Life - the ML is meh. The FL is a whip-smart lawyer but also with enough flaws to make her believable. She’s a unique combination of cold intelligence while at work and cute hobbies and interactions while with family and friends. Aggressively confident but also quite vulnerable too. 

Joy of Life - Zhang Ruo Yan's performance of Fan Xian as a modern man trying to fit into a historical time was brilliant. Gosh, this drama tops everything!

Someday or One Day - both the main leads did a fantastic job with the complexity of their character, and the storyline is so so good!

Go Ahead - the actors that played the father in the drama acted very well. Overall, the acting was very heartwarming!