2010 Taiwanese drama starring

Barbie Hsu
Huang Xiao Ming
Peter Ho

Xia Mo and Luo Xi were both orphans adopted by the same family. Their closeness made Ou Chen, Xia Mo's rich boyfriend, increasingly jealous. He forced their separation by sending Luo Xi to study abroad. However, his overbearing behavior only pushed Xia Mo to breakup with him. Heartbroken, he got into a car accident and lost his memory. Five years later, Luo Xi returns as a super star. He reunites with Xia Mo and helps her succeed in the show biz. Just when their relationship seems rosy, it begins to crumple as Ou Chen regains his memory and does everything he can to get Xia Mo back.

Crazy4You and i have just started watching this drama so i thought i would create a thread to share our views and I would love to hear from anyone else who has seen this drama. I have only seen episode 1 so far lol

No spoilers please!
I'm still [sadly - I keep getting distracted!!! :p] on episode 1, but I'm almost done haha. I'll post my thoughts after the episode! (:

Thanks RF for making it! :D
And I have to share at least a picture of him :p

Why did you post it in the general asian section? Just curious!! :)

I started this drama a long time ago and by episode 5 or 6 stopped and since then I have kept it on hold. I may go back to it, although I didn't really love the general atmosphere of it. I usually like dark love stories, but here everything was a little too unclear for my taste. Furthermore, both male characters are disquieting - can't speak about main or second, since it seems to me they are both candidates to be either main or second and the whole drama plays on that. The same ambiguity surrounding each character that attracted me in the first place started to wear thin. At some point I needed to feel some connection with the female lead but it never happened because she's just so... ambiguous (forgive the repetition, but it's the only word truly describing her, in my opinion).

I'll read your opinion with interest on this one. It may help me decide to either take it up again or finally drop it.
Hey Rita i posted in General Asian section as there wasnt a Taiwanese section should i have lumped it in under Chinese? lol

Anyway back to SD - Firstly there is a WTH time jump 2 minutes into the first episode, it makes for very confusing viewing i can assure you !

Yes i can see how the ambiguity could become trying after a while i will stick with it as the singer guy is hot! lol but if there isnt a clear direction of the storyline revealed soon i may hv to drop it.

The time jump & flash backs add to the general cloudiness surrounding this drama

I shall report back once i have made some progress :)
Yes, that's where they are all together until the forum changes. :p

I will probably try this when I'm done with Dong Yi.
RainFlower wrote: Hey Rita i posted in General Asian section as there wasnt a Taiwanese section should i have lumped it in under Chinese? lol

Anyway back to SD - Firstly there is a WTH time jump 2 minutes into the first episode, it makes for very confusing viewing i can assure you !

Yes i can see how the ambiguity could become trying after a while i will stick with it as the singer guy is hot! lol but if there isnt a clear direction of the storyline revealed soon i may hv to drop it.

The time jump & flash backs add to the general cloudiness surrounding this drama

I shall report back once i have made some progress :)

Hmm, interesting. I don't like the singer and definitely prefer the rich jerk. Not because I'd love to have someone practicing his arrow shooting skills at me, mind you. LOL Simply because I found his character more intriguing and the actor more alluring. But as I said, until the girl makes up her mind, I can't empathize with anyone. :S
After finishing episode 2 I'm slowly getting more into the story as more is revealed with the flashbacks - sometimes get confused when it goes into flashback mode but remember if her hair is up with that ribbon it means it's still a flashback. Both of the main leads are intriguing, I'm not sure which one I feel myself drawn to most. I agree with you Rita about the main girl - she makes it hard to connect with her. We don't really know much about her personality, about who she is. The drama is set out to confuse us viewers apparently haha. I'm hoping that it will get less and less confusing as the episodes pass by.

Also hate how when it cuts to when it's supposed to be a commercial it gives you a preview of the next 5 minutes or so - I like being surprised! Haha. It ruins it for me.
Crazy4You wrote: After finishing episode 2 I'm slowly getting more into the story as more is revealed with the flashbacks - sometimes get confused when it goes into flashback mode but remember if her hair is up with that ribbon it means it's still a flashback. Both of the main leads are intriguing, I'm not sure which one I feel myself drawn to most. I agree with you Rita about the main girl - she makes it hard to connect with her. We don't really know much about her personality, about who she is. The drama is set out to confuse us viewers apparently haha. I'm hoping that it will get less and less confusing as the episodes pass by.

Also hate how when it cuts to when it's supposed to be a commercial it gives you a preview of the next 5 minutes or so - I like being surprised! Haha. It ruins it for me.

I know, and I completely agree. But that's a major problem with Tw-dramas. Autumn Concerto would go as far as a couple of episodes with its brief previews, argg. Do they know the word "spoiler", I wonder?
Hahaha, love the idea that you recognize a flashback by her hairdo! ;)
amrita828 wrote: I know, and I completely agree. But that's a major problem with Tw-dramas. Autumn Concerto would go as far as a couple of episodes with its brief previews, argg. Do they know the word "spoiler", I wonder?

Really? I haven't seen Autumn's Concerto yet but that'll probably annoy me haha. The Taiwan dramas I've seen so far usually'll just pause and the redo the part that just happened [with a song and then the title appearing at the bottom so you know it's a commercial break]. But agreed haha, I wonder if they understand that it still counts as a spoiler even if it's 5 minutes away :p

And hahaha yeah I had to find something! It takes you into flashback mode and then cuts to another seen in the flashback, making you think it's back in "present time." A bit confusing :p
amrita828 wrote: I know, and I completely agree. But that's a major problem with Tw-dramas. Autumn Concerto would go as far as a couple of episodes with its brief previews, argg. Do they know the word "spoiler", I wonder?

LOL yes i remember that with AC they wld totally show u what was gonna happen a few episodes down the line which ruined whatever tension they were building in the current episode cos of the previews u knew what was gonna happen....the TV Execs obviously didnt think that one thru....or unless Taiwanese people cant stand suspense of any kind & have to be reassured that everythings gonna be ok during a traumatic episode of a drama :p

& Crazy4You i am getting into it now just started ep 3 i am totally in lurrrrvvvee with the singer guy haha i wld love to be in her shoes with 2 hot guys head over heels in love with her & hvnt forgotten her despite a 5 year gap & amnesia lol

Shes a very cool customer u never know if she feels anything for either guy its all very convoluted. Also the young master seems very controlling to the point of "sleeping with the enemy" scary haha the other guy i am never sure if hes genuine about her or if its all an act hmmmmmm i guess we shall see..... :D
Crazy4You wrote: Really? I haven't seen Autumn's Concerto yet but that'll probably annoy me haha. The Taiwan dramas I've seen so far usually'll just pause and the redo the part that just happened [with a song and then the title appearing at the bottom so you know it's a commercial break]. But agreed haha, I wonder if they understand that it still counts as a spoiler even if it's 5 minutes away

And hahaha yeah I had to find something! It takes you into flashback mode and then cuts to another seen in the flashback, making you think it's back in "present time." A bit confusing :p

I think you should watch Autumn Concerto. Personally, I consider it the best Tw drama I've seen so far. But yes, forget the suspense, at least regarding some aspects... :P

RainFlower wrote: LOL yes i remember that with AC they wld totally show u what was gonna happen a few episodes down the line which ruined whatever tension they were building in the current episode cos of the previews u knew what was gonna happen....the TV Execs obviously didnt think that one thru....or unless Taiwanese people cant stand suspense of any kind & have to be reassured that everythings gonna be ok during a traumatic episode of a drama

LOL!!!
Please forgive me for butting in with a personal anectode - in case, just skip me. lol
When I was at university, I used to tutor some middle and high school students in literature. One of them, aged 16, was a true disaster in writing essays and couldn't put two sentences together for the life of her. I was determined to make her read and, since she didn't like any genre, nor did she read anything except perhaps the weather forecasts, I lent her a novel by Agatha Christie. They are simple, well written and being thrillers, I thought any normal human being would get curious enough to finish it.
One week after she came to me with a huge grin on her face and chirped: "Rita, I read the book!"
"Wow", I thought.
"After the first chapter, I went directly to the last because I wanted to know how it ended!"

I think my face lost all colour. I was so furious, that I shouted: "Give me back my precious book RIGHT NOW!!!! You don't deserve to read it!"
I mean, if you don't like the suspense, can't you tell me so at once and I give you Barbara Cartland?

LOL Rita I love hearing ur anecdotes...yes i too would have been horrified in ur shoes lol

I dont understand people who go looking for spoilers (cough kamz) as that defeats the purpose

in my teen years i think i read most of the Agatha Christie books & not once did it occur to me check the ending lol

I also had to laugh at the Barbara Cartland comment hahah there is a comedy show in England where they take the mickey out of BC lol its very funny.

& finally yes Autums Concerto is a great drama the first 10 episodes are brilliant the pace then slowed down a bit for me & i think they cld hv wrapped it up in fewer episodes