MDL Info Link[/URL]

Set in the mid-1800s Qing Dynasty, Curse of the Royal Harem is loosely based on the reign of the Daoguang Emperor of China and tells of the drama and romantic intrigue in the court's Manchurian royal harem.

Consort Quan (Jessica Hsuan) was Emperor Daoguang (Sunny Chan) elder brother's new wife. However, Daoguang's brother was missing after a battle and his body was never found. Empress Dowager Congci (Gigi Wong) devastated that she lost her beloved son. She saw Quan as an ominous woman and wanted her dead. Daoguang was already in love with Quan since he was young. One day, he announced Quan as his new concubine, which angered Empress Shencheng (Myolie Wu). Partnering up with Empress Dowager, the two vowed to eradicate Quan using many different schemes to harm her. As Quan wanted to protect herself, she did not hesitate to battle the Empress to the end. During their battle, Quan accidentally discovered a major plot happening in the royal harem. Who is behind this big plot? Who will be the winner in this intense battle in the royal harem? [Wikipedia]

[U]Main cast

Jessica Hsuan as Niohuru Yee-lan, the Consort Tsuen
Myolie Wu as Tunggiya Yuen-yuen, the Empress Consort Hao-sun
Sunny Chan as the Do-kwong Emperor
Joel Chan as Min-yan, the Prince Sui
Gigi Wong as Empress Dowager Kung-chee
Nancy Wu as Choi-lam

Is anyone else watching this?

Yes i'm watching it till ep.23.
This drama is in Cantonese language.

The other drama about brilliant women is Schemes of A Beauty.

But the best ever adventures & hilarious is A Step into The Past d(^_^)b
You should watch this ;)
I've watched two episodes and I seem to like it. :D

I'm gonna give a try to Schemes of a Beauty.
Hmm I'll refrain from putting this one on my list. I have a bunch of Chinese dramas on my list already and I have yet to see them. I need to give one a try first.
I'm still trying out the historical drama themes. It doesn't seem to be my thing though. I tried to watch this one but I kept losing focus XD I'll give it a try later.