15355643_603912579801239_483699139088077
Born February 7, 1990 in the city of Shiyan, Hua Chenyu (华晨宇) is a Chinese singer, rapper, and songwriter. Hua is well known for his powerful vocals, dramatic stage performance and talents in composing. He began playing the flute at the age of 6 and the piano in the fifth grade when he realized the flute was not enough to express music vision. He soon mastered the piano and wrote his first song at twelve. After finishing middle school, he moved to Wuhan alone to receive more professional music training. In 2010, he entered Wuhan Conservatory of Music, where he studied vocal performance and gained more stage experience as the vocalist of a college rock band, Conseer.
In 2013, shortly before graduating from conservatory, Hua entered the casting for the Super Boy singing contest produced by Hunan TV, China.. On his first appearance to the audience, he sang his original “Lyricless Song” that gave him the label of “Martian”.

Thanks to his mentor Laure Shang who appreciated his talents in expressing emotions with music, he entered into the main round of the competition. His powerful voice, mature singing skills, expressive performance and popularity led him through the whole competition to the final round. At the final round of the contest on September 27, 2013, Chenyu Hua eventually earned the champion of 2013 “Super Boy” with a score of 1606.

Performance during Super Boy contest:

“The Kill”(Originally by 30 Seconds to Mars):

“Somebody That I Used To Know”(Originally by Gotye):

“I Am What I Am” (我)(Originally by Leslie Cheung張國榮):

“We Are Young”(Originally by Fun):

“My Dear Child” (親愛的小孩)(Originally by Julie Sue 蘇芮):

“Fake Monk” (假行僧)(Originally by Jian Cui崔健): 

“Poker Face”(Originally by Lady Gaga):

“The Star” with Laure Shang (小星星)(Originally by Laure Shang 尚雯婕):

“White Autumn” with Yico Zeng (白色秋天) (Originally by Yico Zeng 曾軼可):

"Provocation” (挑釁) (Originally by Shin 信樂團): 

“Red Bean” (紅豆) (Originally by Faye Wang 王菲):

“Mr. Lonely” with Gary Chaw (寂寞先生) (Originally by Gary Chaw 曹格):

“I Will Always Love You” (Originally by Whitney Houston):

“Boundless Oceans, Vast Skies” (海闊天空)(Originally by Beyond):

This is the subbed version of a documentary film of 2013 Super Boy:

After the competition, Hua was signed to EE-Media, the giant Mainland Chinese record label where the most of the Super Boy and Super Girl contestants are linked. Hua also took part in the Super Boy Tour with other contestants, in which they toured 11 major Chinese cities. He gained the title of “City Star”, an award voted by fans before each concert and counting in the box office contribution 3 times (Wuhan, Shenzhen and Suzhou respectively).

His debut single “Me and Myself” was released in September 2013.

CAREER 2013-2014

From November 2013 to January 2014, Hua Chenyu represented Hunan TV to compete for the quota to perform on the mega CCTV New Year’s Gala 2014.
He, with the support of audience and compliment from judges, was the first one to gain the invitation card to the CCTV New Year’s Gala 2014. Hua at last performed the song “In That Distant Place” during the Gala on 30 January 2014. After that, he had joined various galas in different major TV stations in Mainland China.
On January 31, 2014, he covered “We Are Young” in the New Year’s Gala for Beijing TV and “The Last Blossom” on Spring Festival’s Gala in Hunan TV.

• In March, Besunyen announced the endorsement of Chenyu Hua for the company’s therapeutic teas. 
  • Chenyu Hua went to Italy and Spain to film for the Hunan TV reality show “Divas Hit the Road” in April 2014 and the show was broadcast starting from April 25.

• In June, he was invited by the popular Korean eyewear brand ALO as the first Chinese brand ambassador and went to Korea for the advertising photos shooting.
  • In less than a year since Hua’s debut, he announced the news of holding his very first brand-named concert, Mars Concert in May 2014. On 28 June 2014, over 10,000 concert tickets for the first show on 6 September were sold out within 1 minute 32 seconds. Due to the heated response, the organizers announced to hold an extra show on 7 September. The press conference of the Mars Concert 2014 was held in Huiyuan Space of the Beijing Mastercard Center. This had made him the first one in the Chinese music industry to hold press conference in venue with thousand people’s capacity. Chenyu Hua was the first singer in Asian to display the concert poster on the big screen of The Place in Beijing. His solo concerts were successfully held on September 6 and 7, 2014 at Beijing Mastercard Center. The 6 September concert was unprecedentedly broadcast live through QQ Music and Hunantv, attracting more than 400,000 users watching the show online together. Over 120,000 E-tickets were sold. 
  • On the same day of his concert, the international jewelry brand, Pomellato, announced Chenyu Hua as the brand ambassador for the Dodo and Pomellato 67 series.
  • Hua released his first solo full-length album, "Quasimodo's Gift" in 19 September 2014 both in Mainland and overseas. This atypical album has a great variety of musical style, ranging from rock, indie and folk. Quasimodo’s Gift does not feature songs with the theme of love and relationship as like the mainstream pop songs do, but it has used a first-person perspective to describe the world as seen from the eye of Chenyu Hua. The overseas version album had ranked number one on the Taiwan Five Music Chart for several weeks for the booming sales volume. 
TRACK LISTING:
Why Nobody Fights
微光 (Shimmer)
Let You Go
烟火里的尘埃 (Ashes From Fireworks)
拆弹专家 (Bomb Squad)
环游 (Traveling)
我们都是孤独的 (All Lonely)
不朽 (Eternity)
卡西莫多的礼物 (Quasimodo's gift)
枕边故事 (Bedtime Story)

• In November, he was invited to the online variety show of Tencent, namely “Say Hi! The Hit of China”(Hi歌). In the program, he chose to rearrange the song “Spring” and won the “Annual Hit Song of China”(年度Hi歌). 
  • On Christmas Eve, he performed the rearranged piano version “Shimmer” and “Quasimodo’s Gift” in pianist Langlang’s Beijing concert.

Wom~ I like HuaHua as well. You did a great job~
Do you know he's participating a new show : singer 2018?   He sang lots of great songs in hte show~