I would say I'm a pretty forgiving person in regards of plot holes and logic being not one of the writer's strength, but there are certain things that I just can't look over in some dramas.

It really bugs me, if certain scenes aren't not well researched.

Two things that border me in dramas:

Women have to wear high heels all the time. In the office, I'm okay. At a picnic on a meadow and maybe even running, not so much.

Medical scenes that look wrong to even me, an amateur. Getting blood all over you and maybe even rubbing your face with your bloody gloves, nooooo. Wrong procedures and incorrect handling of a situation, no no no. It will make me keep thinking about the tiny details that the writer didn't seem significant. But for me they will be cause for everything going downhill from there. E.g. CPR is best to be done on a hard surface. In my favorite book, they did it on a couch and even till this day (12 years after reading it), I'm still mad and convinced the character could have been saved if not for the soft surface (the author probably didn't even know about it).

There are tropes that are annoying as well, but I can accept them as plot devices (meeting as children, etc.).

What is something you just can't overlook?

Miaya:
Medical scenes that look wrong to even me, an amateur. Getting blood all over you and maybe even rubbing your face with your bloody gloves, nooooo. Wrong procedures and incorrect handling of a situation, no no no

I completely agree! This is the reason I can't watch medical dramas. 

Another major problem I have is with sexual or psychological abuse that's not treated as a problem. I understand if its intentionally done that way in the story to make the audience know its wrong/not dealt with properly but then there are other instances where its just completely glossed over! Its just used as a convenient plot device that has no repercussions for the characters involved after?? Unfortunately I've heard this happens in Thai dramas a lot which is why I'm hesitant whenever I watch them.  

Miaya:
Women have to wear high heels all the time.

Indeed, in some situations high heels are really a no no!

Excessive "arm grabbing" by men. Perhaps I'm just not that familiar with how relationship dynamics work for Korean couples, but its very off putting when I see a man aggressively grabbing female leads by their arms. I do get the whole "kajima" idea, but still, very often i just cringe.

This happens more in Thai and Chinese dramas, but I really really hate it when they keep praising those absurd beauty standards such as fairy skin and xxs seize. I get the cultural and social differences but it's 2020, can we just love every skin color please

Bad Guy male leads

makes me instantly drop a drama,

I prefer nice guys who treat women right.

The exception to this is  Golden Empire,  but main point of that drama is watching a nice guy go downhill into an evil guy, so theyre not grying to force you to ship a pairing where the ML is rude/aggresive to the FL.

So I guess non-romantic dramas with bad guy ML is fine, as long as plot is ok

Bad guy ML romancing a kind FL is a big NO NO

Now if BOTH the ML and FL are evil and romancing each other that can actually be fun watching.  Watching a totally messy and dark trainwreck and you just enjoy the melo intensity.

My topic is more about specific actions inside dramas. Not about the overall theme, story line and common themes. That has been discussed often before.

Many people dislike bad guys. Maybe you can give some specific action to give more details? 

emaureeng:

My pet peeve is someone reacting in a major way due to overhearing a small fragment of a conversation.

Overheard: ML: I think FL is a pain in the neck.

FL runs away in tears and accepts a job offer sending her overseas for the next two years, also refusing any phone calls from the ML.

ML's conversation in full. I think FL is a pain in the neck, but she's the only one for me and I would happily die for her. Tonight I plan to get down on my knees and beg that girl to marry me, etc.

Or or, somehow, the FL misses who the the ML is talking about and thinks he's talking about another girl and cues same reaction.

Also, while I don't hate mean/cold ML, I do dislike when they are physically aggressive. The arm grabbing gets annoying, but I especially hate when the ML will push the FL's face to look at something. Don't touch her face.

Miaya:

My topic is more about specific actions inside dramas. Not about the overall theme, story line and common themes. That has been discussed often before.

Many people dislike bad guys. Maybe you can give some specific action to give more details? 

Possessed 15 and 16th episode. That's what I called a real bad guy, even a ghost can be that bad.

Maszi:

Excessive "arm grabbing" by men. Perhaps I'm just not that familiar with how relationship dynamics work for Korean couples, but its very off putting when I see a man aggressively grabbing female leads by their arms. I do get the whole "kajima" idea, but still, very often i just cringe.

I agree so much like I don't find it cute when they're doing it and it's very uncomfortable to watch.

honey_boo:

I agree so much like I don't find it cute when they're doing it and it's very uncomfortable to watch.

I feel the same way with the slap/kiss lakorns :(( , their plots can be interesting but it so uncomfortable to watch the couples at the beginning, sometimes I end up dropping the whole drama if it's too excessive 

Rina:

I feel the same way with the slap/kiss lakorns :(( , their plots can be interesting but it so uncomfortable to watch the couples at the beginning, sometimes I end up dropping the whole drama if it's too excessive 

lmaoo same x)

Levee:

Or or, somehow, the FL misses who the the ML is talking about and thinks he's talking about another girl and cues same reaction.

Also, while I don't hate mean/cold ML, I do dislike when they are physically aggressive. The arm grabbing gets annoying, but I especially hate when the ML will push the FL's face to look at something. Don't touch her face.

Oh my god, yes. I hate when this happens. Also, when these "miscommunication" or "misunderstandings" can literally be fixed by the couple talking to each other. I get that it forms a dramatic dynamic, but please, talk to each other! 

Additionally, I truly get frustrated when one of them discovers the truth and goes looking for the other person (The whole running through the rain cliche), except they keep missing each other so we see scenes of them literally running past each other/driving past each other but misses the person by a strand of hair. It's cool sometimes, but when driven to the point of ridiculousness, it just seems like lazy writing to drag out the episodes/story line. 

Well, I don't support the sort of aggression towards women in rl, however, I don't treat fiction as real either. For some reason overbearing male characters are fascinating to viewers, but on the other hand they wouldn't want to live with them either. Probably at least. 

Still, I dislike the sentence "You can't wear this". As if guys should decide what women should wear. Just no. Often the female's job is annoying as well to some extend. I know, I'm majoring in Japanese, I know their working culture and the difficult position women have there or in other asian countries. But successful women tend to be in the antagonist's role or show a scheming personality. That's disappointing. 

On the other hand I like about dramas that they're absolutely not what I would aim for in rl after all.

What annoys me most is the typical "omg I have to leave you"-action somewhere between episode 12 and 15. 

• "omg we have to separate, my mother save you from a car crash when you were 10 years old, I can't accept that"
  • "omg I'm ill and have to go for 2 years without contacting anyone cuz it's so devastating"
  • "omg I misheard smt and have to leave cuz I can't ask you in person"

Usually this leads to a 5min-Happy-Ending from time to time which are equally annoying. 

Female characters often tend to annoy me. Either they cry all day or they're dumb as hell or they are doubting absolutely everything. Even if they are introduced as "tough" in the first place they later on become someone that has to be protected all the time. Why bother pretending then? 

Similar in cases of tolerance towards e.g. people that don't meet the beauty standards. There are shows pretending to be open-minded, but in fact they wouldn't dare to show that. At least not in some asian countries (I've seen some different examples in Japanese shows though).