Tell us what drama got you hooked.  Why/how did it happen? (optional)

Go, Go Squid

2 yrs ago I was watching a Dimash video I Couldn't Leave and scenes from the Chinese drama Go, Go Squid  were played.  I tracked it down, watched it and 115 dramas later still very much addicted.

1st ever Asian Drama was Korean 

It was either Itaewon Class or Stranger in  early-mid 2020. I can't remember which was first between the two.  I really liked Bae Doona in Sense8 and wanted to watch her in other stuff so Stranger was on my list for a long while before I took the plunge.  ( When I watched Six Flying Dragons was when I was really sold i think)

1st C-Drama- The Untamed

Strong Woman Bong Soon. Wasn't my first ever drama, but was one of the first and is the drama that made me fall in love. I still consider it my favorite drama of all time!

It Boys Over Flowers in 2009.

My friend in high school (we were in anime club at the time) introduced me to it. Since I did like the manga and anime at the time, I decided to try and I was a goner. It was a hot mess even when I was first watching it, but the men... Ohhh! There was so much pretty and it was following the story well. 

My first ever Asian drama was "The K2" (Korean). I liked it and I was curious about Yoona since I really liked her voice in her Amazing grace part. Then I watched "Exit" and it just spiraled towards other shows and languages. 

Technically, my introduction was with movies (Kaiji being my first) which I bought randomly at a store. Didn't check out the drama side at the time, but I was planning to. A few years later, I saw a .gif on Tumblr of Lee Hyunwoo looking like a caterpillar in a sleeping bag in To the Beautiful You and decided to search what it was and give it a go. 700+ dramas later, I'm stuck here, lmao.

my first ever drama was taiwanese and it was called before we get married. i don't remember how I started it so I will say my first kdrama.

my first kdrama was true beauty.
my friend read the webtoon and suggested me to watch the drama and I watched it although I didn't pay attention that much since it was my first kdrama and I wasn't sure what's happening and anything.

but the drama that started my addiction was penthouse. i saw penthouse a lot on my tiktok and I thought I should watch it. at that time I wasn't picky if it was romance or not (I used to be later on  but now I'm not), I didn't even care about the genres. i just started it and I ended up falling in love with the first 2 seasons so I started watching season 3 and officially started watching kdramas

Legend of the blue sea

First ever Asian drama I ever watched was You're Beautiful  but my drama addiction actually started from  A Love So Beautiful and The Legend of the Blue Sea . 

As a teenager I was really into manga and started to watch some live action adaptations. I also watched some korean movies. Then I stopped for a really long time until I started to watch Age of Youth (which I actually never finished).

But I think the dramas that really got me into watching kdramas were Let's Eat and Reply 1994. I really like how most dramas are just one season instead of 3+ seasons like in western TV.  I only started to really watch non-korean dramas 2021.  

I've seen a couple East Asian movies growing up but my first dramas were Shine or Go Crazy and W: Two Worlds (can't remember which one those I saw first) back in 2016 and they got me hooked! 

Gokusen in 2009. A cousin had visited and introduced us to it and I was hooked. I then became the weird Japan obsessed girl at school lol