i heard there was an OST club,,,,,, apparently y'all like summoning me sksksksk 

i think my top 3 soundtracks as of rn are (in no particular order, btw)

i think y'all can see the sageuk/historical fusion trend here but all four of these destroyed me, i will admit—like i said for Sado in the comments section there, it's been almost two months since i first watched it and every time YouTube gives me Sado's Theme in the recommendations i cry like a bitch during the first five seconds. every f*cking time this Pavlovs me into an emotional meltdown and the closest thing i can compare it to is San's Royal Seal theme from TRS that also Pavlovs me into an emotional meltdown when it hits that crescendo 3/4ths of the way through

Hello! I'm a soundtrack lover too. Have an ever growing playlist which gets bigger with every drama I finish. My favorites tend to change depending on the dramas I'm currently watching. Three of current favorites in no particular order

Eve Ost Hold me tight - Kim Yegi

https://youtu.be/9Zs4oWm7vOs

Crazy love ost Dive into you - Jay B

https://youtu.be/GHTfCOS6usQ

Bloody Heart ost Dimly - Rio

https://youtu.be/IrV8655c8wQ

Alright folks I've got a quetion for you. What is your favorite part of an OST? Do you like the ballads, the opening songs, the ending songs, the instrumentals, etc.?

I usually like instrumentals the most out of all parts of a soundtrack. Sometimes if a ballad is really good or an opening song is awesome I will like those (some memorable ones are coming to mind) but I am most often attracted to the instrumental soundtracks and I most look forward to hearing them when I start a drama. What about you? 

I'm also most attracted to instrumental OSTs followed by ballads. They definitely bring out the most emotions in me. For example I love this instrumental from J-drama Boku no ita Jikan. The humming part just makes it even more emotional and poignant.

Boku no Ita Jikan やわらかな光 BGM/OST

fiflydramalover:

Alright folks I've got a quetion for you. What is your favorite part of an OST? Do you like the ballads, the opening songs, the ending songs, the instrumentals, etc.?

I usually like instrumentals the most out of all parts of a soundtrack. Sometimes if a ballad is really good or an opening song is awesome I will like those (some memorable ones are coming to mind) but I am most often attracted to the instrumental soundtracks and I most look forward to hearing them when I start a drama. What about you? 

So far I've really liked opening songs especially for Japanese and Thai dramas. I'm most attracted to vocals with nice instrumentals behind it. Really tend to enjoy the OSTs that play during emotional scenes as well.

fiflydramalover:

It depends for me. Sometimes, the OP or END songs float my boat but other times, they made me wanna skip the openings (or endings). At times, I do like instrumentals. But out of many OSTs I’ve listened to, I realised that I like the slow, sadder songs the most…

Made an extra simple Banner and also changed my Elongated Hexagon Template a bit and made a few more badges, hope they look okay? If you all prefer this new template with the text "Lovers" larger and transparant I can remake/change the other badges, just let me know :)

Rien:
hope they look okay?

LOOK OKAY?! THEY LOOK GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much!!!!

fiflydramalover:

Hey folks. I'm a huge fan of soundtracks and I thought it'd be cool to create some space on here to rant and rave about our favorite OSTs. 

Want to join? Introduce yourself! What's your top three soundtracks, and what do you love about each? 

Hello, shall I join this club? It's been a while since I've last talked on this topic currently

As you can see, I'm a huge crush on Korean-related entertainment; so of course... Kdramas & Kmovies. Instead of that, anime? Yes. Other genres that relate to OST? Alt, indie, neo-soul, R&B, soul, rock ballad, any mixture in between... yeah. Although I'm not an expert on other countries, I've come to appreciate their outcomes, if they fall for some genres/tropes that I usually love

So, for the OST... that's a tough question. If you saw and read my profile; I have a reminisce/nostalgia playlist to recount what I love the most. It's getting complex whenever those OSTs come up. For now, I'm just looking at what I missed (not into watching current dramas, while waiting for Adamas; haha the pun)

So, that would be all from me for now :D

Rien:
Made an extra simple Banner and also changed my Elongated Hexagon Template a bit and made a few more badges, hope they look okay? If you all prefer this new template with the text "Lovers" larger and transparant I can remake/change the other badges, just let me know :)

They are gorgeous! I'm gonna have to keep rotating coz I can't make up my mind on which to use XD

Hi Hi! I think I want to join :)

halla:
Goblin
The Red Sleeve/The Crowned Clown (tied)
Sado

I like your choices.

I think my #1 soundtrack is probably Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People. Also Secret Love Affair. I just think not only was the music itself memorable, but both of these were so absolutely perfect for their dramas. There's not a single bad piece on these soundtracks. 

I think I tend to gravitate towards instrumentals more, but I have a soft spot for melancholy, heartbreaking or classic ballads. A few that come to mind: The Day from Mr. Sunshine, Wind Breeze from Empress Ki, and Will Be Back from Scarlet Heart Ryeo

I've also been rewatching Secret Garden and the songs are really good. I think my favorite is Only Scratches. With pop osts I definitely tend to be more a fan of the older dramas than recent ones.

Hey folks! Welcome everyone who joined so far. Its been fun checking out playlists, soundtracks, and the songs you recommend ^_^ 

New question~ Have you ever really wanted a musician to try working with a certain kind of story? For example, I don't really play Genshin Impact, but I LOVE the composer for it. I always listen to the new soundtracks that come out it whenever they have updates. If I could see Yu-Peng Chen and HOYO MiX make a xianxia soundtrack I think I wouldn't be able to stop smiling for days. Honestly, even just seeing Makoto Yoshimori create something like his Durarara!! soundtrack again would be fun. He hasn't made anything new in so long T_T I miss him :(

So the question: If you could have any musician/composer make a new soundtrack, what kind of genre/story would you want it to be for? Feel free to create a plot summary if you'd like! ^_^

Of all the Asian dramas I have watched, the following were among my favorites:

Intro:  女皇 (Neoi wong) sung by Joey Yung  from the China's TV series Empress of China
Listen & Watch here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLA6ujFGAA 
Main:  Glass Bridge sung by Savina & Drones from  South Korea's TV Series Bride of the Water God / Listen & Watch here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUnBJECtP4   
Outro:  Hold On sung by Jisu from South Korea's TV Series  Marriage Contract  

Listen & Watch here:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxlqgXjRH0A

Hmm sometimes listening to an ost will make me cry. I also sometimes get chills when i listen ^_^ if a song makes me depressed i do avoid it until im in a better mood though. Thanks for sharing with us!

one beloved summer has one of the best OST. I specifically love Drawer and Christmas Tree. Listen to it. sooo good.