I'm usually up to date with announcements regarding Japanese Boys Love adaptations and would love to write about the news here in MDL as I also have experience with it. Does anyone know how to apply here in MDL as a news writer and who I should contact? Thank you ?

pastel_frost:

I'm usually up to date with announcements regarding Japanese Boys Love adaptations and would love to write about the news here in MDL as I also have experience with it. Does anyone know how to apply here in MDL as a news writer and who I should contact? Thank you ?

The simplest is way is to write for another outleet, and wait for MDL to filch your work. When it comes to its news articles, MDL clearly models itself on tthe name of the Korean Film that won Best Picure in the 2019 Oscars.

ASTER:

[MDL Writers] Article Ideas & Discussion 

Thank you for this Aster! I have decided to try and contact an admin/editor from the guidelines posted.

burhaa aadmi:

The simplest is way is to write for another outleet, and wait for MDL to filch your work. When it comes to its news articles, MDL clearly models itself on tthe name of the Korean Film that won Best Picure in the 2019 Oscars. 

Hmm, I am curious as to why they model after it. Why do you think so?

Yeah I wonder why its called Mydramalist when all of the news reported is strictly and 99 percent Korean drama or acting news. I miss the days when they had more diversity among the articles posted here about the other dramas from other countries. I get that they're capitolizing on the kdrama popularity but what happened to the other dramas that this site is supposed to talk about?

Teochika:

Yeah I wonder why its called Mydramalist when all of the news reported is strictly and 99 percent Korean drama or acting news. I miss the days when they had more diversity among the articles posted here about the other dramas from other countries. I get that they're capitolizing on the kdrama popularity but what happened to the other dramas that this site is supposed to talk about?

I scrolled through the news and it does seem the only focus really are only Korean related news, probably since it brings in a lot of traffic. This is precisely why I want to at least add news regarding Japanese BLs since it's rising recently. Hopefully there really could be more diversity.

There will be. They just need more people that will be willing to volunteer to write such articles. But don't despair. Your not alone.