tckz wrote: Why do I have a feeling your subconscious is trying to say something..... LOL jk.

Hahaha xD Well, at least no-one is going to "aw, you took the name I wanted" :D
Black because it is part of my name, I used to follow the Goth subculture, I like the dark and still believe black is the easiest to match with (fashion-wise). My daughter's name even means Black Rose when translated.
Rain my nickname at school (well, one of the nicer ones...) and also my favourite type of weather condition - besides storms.
I used to try to use the tag Blackrose but too many times it was already taken, so now I just use Blackrain automatically. After joining MDL and watching asian dramas, I have come across the name twice - once in My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and the other in Secret Garden.
My name is the Hangul adj for 'Happy'. I needed a nick for IRC freshman year of HS and I wanted something interesting so I asked my roomie (a Korean) how to say 'Happy' in Hangul. That is what she told me. Turns out the noun is a different word but whatever. It has been my internet only handle ever since.
Violet is my name translated in English (on my native tongue it is Manushak (you read it Ma-noo-shak) not easy right??) it means the flower violet :) Though I sometimes want to begin with Sumire (my name in Japanese, but it kind of doesn't sound SumireSakura)
Sakura - as I am a very crazy person for Japanese culture, the first flower I thought of, when creating a username (which, by the way I use almost always in the net) I thought of Sakura (nothing to do, with character from Naruto, please...I hate the guts of her...)
real name -> nick name -> professional name -> extension of professional name
It's the name of the main character in my favourite anime, Another...and also part of the name of an infamous Japanese killer, but I hope this isn't the first thing that comes to people's mind when they read my name! XD
My username ChingooLaotang is consisting of two words both meaning nearly the same thing, Chingoo in korean means friend, and Laotang means long time friend or friend to eternity (as far as i know) in chinese, and i found the word Laotang in a book i once read :)
aroon -> noora = my name
looked around wondering wat username 2 hve, eyes glanced at my dramacrazy.net tab so called myself dcrazy lol
aroon wrote: aroon -> noora = my name

really 0.0
Yankumicho is a combination of Yamaguchi Kumiko's 2 nicknames: Yankumi, which is a shortening of her name and kumicho or boss. I see my future teacher self as a yk type, not necessarily a fighter, but someone who thinks of her students first.
As i'm not used to adventure on forums, I wondered what kind of name I could use.. and found that my cat's name was nice. so there I went for Sumi. At least I could remember it well. I wanted a japanese name for my lovely cat, I was looking for something which could fit his appearance, and found on some website I don't remember that sumi means black ink ("encre de chine" in french). That was perfect for him. What I didn't expect is that this word, sumi, sounds in french (or at least the way i pronounce it) like another word which means submissive. So every time someone is asking me the name of my cat and I answer, they look at me in a strange way and sometimes laugh, thinking I'm a kind of sadistic or pervert woman...
My username is a pun on the phrase 'a slice of cake' because my name is Katie. I came up with it while looking for phrases that rhymed with Kate (so I could substitute it in). My other username that I use a lot (twitter, deviantart, among others) is KateoftheArt like 'state of the art' - I came up with it at the same time.
I created the word I use as my user name a long time ago. One very favorite book of mine is Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. A few years ago when I read it I was quite fascinated by elvish language. In the end of that book there is also a dictionary for language of Elves. I used to amuse myself by composing nice sounding parts of words together to create names with meaning like those used in the book. I have already forgotten how I made Anglachel (and I added -le in the end because it is more feminine - something like it is in French) but I liked the sound of it and it stayed in my memory. Years later, when I acquired internet, I started to use that word as nickname.