I live for myself. A while ago I was talking to one of my friends who is older than me and she told me this, "Right now you're young so take advantage of that. Do whatever makes you happy. Don't think about why you shouldn't or you can't do something. Just make it happen because when you get to my age you won't remember those reasons why you held yourself back. All you'll know is that you didn't do it and you'll regret it." This stuck with me and made me realize that my youth won't last forever. In a few years I'll probably start a family, get a mortgage and do other stereotypical things. Until that time though, I've decided to live selfishly and put my happiness first. Why not make my life a giant adventure?
Right now hope that my life gets better I want to fall in love and be loved before i die A True Love like in Moulin Rouge "The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return"
I live for recognition. Being an individual who can inspire others along the way.
Since now i'm at drama land then of course i'm living for drama!
What do I live for ? 

Love.

The love I don't have, the love I give, & the love I forever dream of..

Squee.

The squee that I get, the squee that I share, & the squee that I cause ;P

Life itself.

The one I'm not living, the one(s) I'm ~vicariously living, & the one(s) I wish I had..

Note: "Lulz" counts under Squee xD
My own happiness I guess? Or rather: myself. If I do happen to find that special someone ... I'd also live for love, but not at the moment.
Just enjoying the present moment as well... not sure how else to word it, but I love life so much I wish I could live forever, haha :D
Nice. Feb 2013 thread revived.
That's what I'm trying to find out. Do you guys ever felt lost? Have you ever been in the place where you see others doing their thing, but you don't want that routine life their living? Is it me only me and I need to check myself into a mental institution?
This question sure is deep... And sadly I have no idea what I live for... sometimes I think my life is wasted and when I am old I will be miserable and sad that I didn't do much things when I was young...
I don't know, if it's about what I do about my life, the answer would be dramas, I only watch dramas, I don't have other interests at all (that's a lie, I listen to Lana Del Rey's songs too), but what do I actually live for? It's true that I only watch dramas the whole day, but it's not dramas that makes me wanna live, so I would say that I live for my mom, if not my mom I would probably have no real reason to live, I need to stay here for her to live well, but if she died I have no idea what I would live for so I'm quite sure it's for my mom...
113.jpg
Drama is my life, I live to tie up Lee Jong Suk, just kidding, or am I? Anyhow,  it makes me happy to steal away from life's ups and down... sometimes life dishes out the same stuff, just a different day.

But I realize life can change in an instant, a day, month or year so here is hoping for a change for the better, until then, drama and music is my life.
JPT you are not crazy. I think that is great that you do not want take the same routine others are taking. There's got to be more to this life then what we can see, or then what is the point of it all?

I guess to answer the original question... I live for Jesus. I guess you can say, I found hope in him, when I had no hope. His love is unchanging, and he satisfies, when nothing in the world satisfies. And it was all because he rescued me and gave me life, so now I have all I need in him and live for him. I'm not perfect and do stupid things at times, but I can rest in him, and know it is about what he accomplished for me, and not what I had to do to prove myself to him. I don't know where I would be without him.
Hikigaya Hachiman principles.