I have arrived in Japan 2 days ago. I'm here to be an Assistance Language Teacher (ALT). I will be living in Ogi City, Saga Prefecture in the next week or so. I was posting all stuff related to going to Japan in the study thread but it might be better to start my own thread. I'm having training for the next few days so I would not see anything substantial about Japan till after training. I can say it's really cold here in Fukuoka Prefecture (southern Japan) and it's been fun getting to know the other ALTs. I will post more about this on going experience later. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Sweet! Can't wait to learn more about your experiences.
Have a great trip. How long are you going to be their for?
That's awesome! :D Hope you have fun (: Can't wait to hear more! :D
Yay Boutux! Sounds cool and exciting so far. Are you going to be able to post pictures? I know you are going to be very busy. Can't wait to hear more. Be safe and take care!
so excited for you :D keep us updated when you have time, but I know you'll be super busy for the next while *_*; so freaking jealous
Glad to hear you got there safely. I was hoping you would check in with us. The other day I watched a youtube video of someone who is doing training at the same company you are (i'm not gonna mention the name). Let's just say his experiences haven't been the best. I was worried about you :( I hope your training is going better than his.
REALLY AWESOME!! Can´t wait for expriences from your side ~ !!! :p I want to be by you right now~
i've taken a few pics like group lunch pics. we had a trainee drinking party last night. nomi houdai i think is is called. sad things i've been so busy and stressed with prepping to go to japan and being here for training that i've forgotten everything other than the japanese for good morning, hello, and thank you. it's so sad! lol. training has been good so far but tomorrow we expect it to be horrible cuz other ppl from tokyo will be training us. there were 2 training groups, 1 in tokyo who reported having a really difficult training. my group has been in fukuoka and the trainers here have been nice. they warned us that the tokyo trainers will be coming tomorrow and will give us a hard time. we were told no matter what happens just take it, grin and bear it. so that is what i will do. 3 days and i won't have to see those tokyo trainers ever again, i can handle 3 days of misery. lol. i will try to upload pics when training is over.
Ganbatte! Hopefully they are exaggerating just to make you squirm. I'm sure you can handle it!

*edit* I keep misspelling the romaji :O I guess I have been away from anime and Jdramas too much lol
I'm sure it's tough, but a once in a lifetime experience. and don't take anything personally, remember the Japanese work ethic is super hardcore and they probably see foreigners as lazy from the get-go, I'm sure it's tough for them too, dealing with a bunch of baka gaijin hahaha but i'm sure if you do your best you'll get along just fine we need pics :D
Boutux are you a Jang Geun Suk fan? he's touring Asia starting July and will have a stop in Fukuoka! not sure of the exact locations or dates
ladyfaile wrote: boutux are you a jang geun suk fan? He's touring asia starting july and will have a stop in fukuoka! Not sure of the exact locations or dates

interview!
it would be hard to conduct an interview as a puddle at his feet though...
lucky you!.
boutux wrote: i have arrived in japan 2 days ago. I'm here to be an assistance language teacher (alt). I will be living in ogi city, saga prefecture in the next week or so. I was posting all stuff related to going to japan in the study thread but it might be better to start my own thread. I'm having training for the next few days so i would not see anything substantial about japan till after training. I can say it's really cold here in fukuoka prefecture (southern japan) and it's been fun getting to know the other alts.

I will post more about this on going experience later. If you have any questions feel free to ask.