After completing 4 weeks of basic military training, SS501's Kim Kyu Jong has decided to begin his mandatory military service in July.
After achieving many accomplishments during his career such as releasing a solo album and acting in a drama, Kim Kyu Jong felt as though he could leave the entertainment industry for a while knowing he has already created a legacy.
"He could have postponed it a bit longer, but he thought it would be best to go now in order to plan out his later stages of life. After he becomes discharged, he plans to return to the entertainment industry with a lighter heart and mind," a representative stated.
The idol left a handwritten message to his fans. Check it out below:
Quote by Kim Kyu Jong
ThanKYU Triple S~Hello! It?s Kyu Jong~
I know I say this all the time, but doesn?t time fly? It feels like I just debuted yesterday? but it?s already June 2012~ Have you fulfilled everything you previously planned? It isn?t too late~ so think it over again~ fighting!^^ The reason for writing after so long~ is because I have decided to enlist in the military this July I wanted to personally announce it to all my lovelies. I am very happy, as I have created so many memories thanks to your love and unending support Thanks to all you lovelies, my 20′s have been extremely enjoyable!
As I always say, I want to give back to you as much as you?ve given me!^^ I want to only gift you with good memories from here on out. Let?s promise to better ourselves and meet again in 2 years!
I am looking forward to the time I get to spend with you lovelies on June 3rd. I?ll see you all that day~ Let?s create some laughter-filled memories as we always have. Let?s create beautiful memories together~ Thank you And be happy?
Due to his asthma, JYJ?s Yoochun has been revealed to be designated as a public service personnel for his service in the army.
On May 3rd, a representative of C-JeS Entertainment revealed, ?Yoochun recently underwent his physical exam and received a level four grade due to his asthma, which he?s had since he was younger.?
He continued, ?Yoochun complied with all of the examinations required by the Military Manpower Association, and even received a retest three times. In the end, the Military Manpower Assocation decided that he would be best fit for reservist duty so he will serve as a public service personnel.?
Due to his busy schedule along with his current work in SBS?s ?Rooftop Prince?, Yoochun has delayed his enlistment to a later date.
Source + Photos: OSEN
i was just starting to get excited about all the guys getting ready to be discharged, but now i'm all frowny face about the guys getting reaqdy to enlist.
:( only a few days left till Kim Kyu Jong goes in on the 23rd.
cityhunter83 wrote: i was just starting to get excited about all the guys getting ready to be discharged, but now i'm all frowny face about the guys getting reaqdy to enlist.

Same here D:
HAVA-RAVA wrote: Same here D:

it's a depressing cycle.
purplenette wrote: Today is the day Kim Kyu Jong started military service.

http://global.mnet.com/news/newsdetail.m?searchNewsVO.news_id=201207231533_10486

I'm crying bloody tears D:
the wails can be heard the world over....
:0 never notice this thread! Really nice list! thanks! it would be kinda cool to include what force or what part of the army they join
Thanks to Kamzy, I know that Binnie is in the ROK Marines. I don't know about the others, but isn't Heechul public service personnel?
Kim jae Wook's started his 21 month service, well earlier this year. I'm not sure what part of the force he is in though sorry!
I was just wondering, was there ever a female celebrity who enlisted in the military? Now, that would truly be interesting... I heard one of MBLAQ's noona is in the army. She's not a celebrity though.
mutya wrote: I was just wondering, was there ever a female celebrity who enlisted in the military? Now, that would truly be interesting... I heard one of MBLAQ's noona is in the army. She's not a celebrity though.

I don't know :O
I don't know either. I tried looking up for female celebs enlisted but nothing. Maybe they don't want to spill to keep them safer that way? *shrugs* Maybe someone with better luck can look. XD