im learning it all by myself and there is no one around to help me T_T
Currently taking classes, have learned to read and write in Hangul, romanizing, and the proper rules for pronouncing the words... the rules are insane for the consonants LOL. Now that we're done with that part, we're moving onto sentence structure, grammer, participles, etc. To do it right, 2 lessons per week, will probably take me close to 8 months! However, I understand about 70% of the Korean words and can watch dramas without subtitles, now I'm just learning the hard part LOL.
lucky! can i ask, how did you learn the 70% of the korean words- from watching korean dramas? and also what text books have you used to practice /has your teacher used to teach you? please help!
She doesn't use a textbook, lots of worksheets and one on one instruction 2 or 3 times a week for 1.5hrs at a time. I'm really liking her method. She throws you straight into the fire and you either burn or move it LOL. She's no joke, that's for sure! As for the words I learned, Kdramas, watching romanized videos with English subtitles, and learned the 300 top used words in the Korean language. Believe it or not, learning those words gets you about 70% of the language! It's crazy, but true.
http://marineblues.net/marine/index1.htm

comics its all in korean, it's short and easy to understand kinda funny too lots of story there
I was in an 8 week Korean program in Seoul last summer. I now know the basics (and a bit more, I suppose) but it's been a few months and I'm starting to forget... There's a weekly Korean class in my city but I haven't been there yet since I'm not sure what level it is. I should really go! But for self-study exercises I got the Ewha 2-1 book... but since I was already at Incheon and in hurry, I accidentally got it in Japanese! So can't really study grammar and vocabulary with that since I don't know any Japanese at all. But for exercises and reading it works! I also got something terribly useful for me: Korean Essential Vocabulary 6000. I almost failed on vocabulary in my Korean class... ㅋㅋㅋ I've been going through it word-by-word, studying all the A&B class (most common) words and some useful C class words. I'm currently in ㄷ so a long way to go!
Hessa Volunteer Staff
I do, You can study from Talk to Me in Korean. It is a really good web site, and it has levels and exercises.
Now i think i have learn some Korean words and also write. i have use the online class and also watch in the you tube
im also learning it alone via youtube, ttmik and livemocha . but you get featback from ttmik and livemocha so it helps you improve your Korean.
TTMIK books and Kpop help. Plus talking to a few Koreans online helps.
I've been studying Korean for about a Year and some months. . . I"m probably an advanced beginner. I can read and write, but my real struggle is speaking to people in Korean. I'm using Integrated Korean book and work book. I also supplement with TTMIK, Dramas and a few other workbooks. I've been using Memrise.com to start working on the the top 1000 Korean words.
Me! I'm almost conversationally fluent... almost! I'm having a tough time learning how to structure sentences... ;3;
I use a bunch of different things. I used a torrent for Rosetta Stone, kekeke, so I didn't have'ta buy dat, and I've done a lot of researching and found a lot of good sites, including one from Sogang University, and it's basically a book on how to learn Korean, but online, and completely free. ^^
I posted them all on tumblr, the ones I've used and why, so I'll just link it here for you who may be interested. c:
http://kogitawa.tumblr.com/post/72704108733/do-you-know-korean-if-so-how-did-you-learn-any
Sterl-z wrote: I've been studying Korean for about a Year and some months. . . I"m probably an advanced beginner. I can read and write, but my real struggle is speaking to people in Korean.
I'm using Integrated Korean book and work book. I also supplement with TTMIK, Dramas and a few other workbooks.

I've been using Memrise.com to start working on the the top 1000 Korean words.

I'm at the same stage as you. I've just signed up for the memrise.com site, thanks for the link!
Also, Hangul isn't actually crazy hard to learn! I just got a few korean flashcard apps on my phone and voi-la! There are also tricks to it, of course. And if you've watched a lot of dramas, your pronunciation is actually probably pretty good. I work with a guy who's from Korea. His father is english and his mother was korean so he lived there, and spoke english and home (he also went to an english school but he speaks good korean obviously lol) anyway he was surprised by how good my pronunciation was, so I give my excessive drama watching the credit for that! haha
i'm trying to learn it. i can read and write hangul now. ^^ but i don't undestand it and i don't know grammer.