I am learning Korean.
나는 한국어 공부해요.

I took 2 semesters of Korean, but it's been a while since i studied, and as a result i have forgotten most of my vocabulary.
I think most people watching dramas are learning Korean. (The frustration of waiting for subtitles and/or how wrong some of them are will get to you sooner or later.) At the beginning, a couple of years ago, I tried actually learning Korean, like how you'd learn languages in school. But it was a lot of information to take in, and I wasn't one for slow learning. I had to absorb any new information as soon as I could, not giving my brain a chance to rest. And then I would proceed to confuse two or more rules and it would all be so overwhelming that I'd completely stop. So then I went back to the basics and thought I'd strengthen those.

Hanguel was pretty cool once it stuck. It was fun looking up words and actually being able to pronounce it. Some might think nothing of it, but it really is a huge step in the process of learning. If you know anything at all, be proud and keep going. (화이팅! xD) I can spell a few common words here and there, and I'm fairly good at spelling words I've never seen written before, with the occasional mistakes. (for example 업서 instead of 없어) But with practice, you'll be able to get it right.

Learning should be fun in my opinion, so I always try to play games and keep the atmosphere light. I like to look up any K-pop song's lyrics. Although they're not the best place to learn from (in lyrics, they can use any form of the word, and don't have to actually form sentences, so using them in daily life would be strange), they help keep things familiar. (I'm so happy that I understood 90% of a K.Will song the first time I heard it without even looking up the lyrics!) 

Connecting words to your life is also another cool way to practice. Whatever you are doing right now, just ask yourself how you'd say that in Korean. (I think 쓰고있어요 is what I'm doing now haha.) And I definitely suggest learning with a partner or someone. You have to actually show your progress and using yourself as a judge of that won't really get you far. (Two of my friends are into Korean like I am, but they haven't learned the hangeul yet so I can't even practice with them.  T_T) I'm up for a language partner any time. 어서 오세요~  :D

I wrote a post about this earlier, but then deleted it because I thought no one would be interested.  Suddenly I have the urge to write it again, haha.

Would anyone be interested in starting a Korean only thread where we write only in Korean?  Since I'm assuming we're all non-native speakers, it wouldn't be about correcting each other's grammar, but it could be a place to try to grow more comfortable writing Korean and to learn from each other.  Or we could start a thread where we share our Lang-8 journals.  I'm not sure if everyone knows, but Lang-8 is a journaling site where you write in your target language and native speakers correct your entries.  Here's my journal to give you an idea: http://lang-8.com/546330/journals .  I find it really helpful to look at the journals of other Korean language learners to get some vocabulary and to see mistakes being corrected (I learn really well from mistakes, both my own mistakes and the mistakes of others).

Anywho, just throwing those ideas out there to see if anyone would be up for it^^
@SunAh: Wow, you've already achieved so much! I'm impressed - How did you do it? Just by looking up words and building up your vocabulary that way? I can never bring myself to do that..

I signed up for classes in a Korean Cultural Center about three years ago. I had to quit after only four lessons, though - Couldn't fit them into my schedule since it took a whole day to travel there, have the 90 minute class and travel back. There are no classes available anywhere near me.

After that, I started self-studying. My motivation was really low, though. I studied vocabulary through a smartphone app (which was great! I need to find that again. I was actually able to remember the words. But knowing 50 words didn't exactly help me in my studies) and bought some books and workbooks that I never even opened.

Recently I started listening to the KoreanClass101 podcasts in the car on my way to work. (Which is the only "free" time I have at the moment since I work full-time and go to University at nights and on weekends.)

I also found a language exchange partner in my local University about two years ago, but since I didn't really know any Korean and wasn't able to communicate, those meetings were only efficient for him - We talked in English which he wanted to get better at. We couldn talk in Korean since I was missing even the absolute basics.

I'm so motivated to learn Korean at the moment because I will be traveling to Seoul in April - For work, though. I probably won't have time to see anything apart from my hotel room, our exhibition booth and fancy restaurants where there will be important meetings with business partners.

If only I had the time. Or the resources. Or someone to study with me. (I've cried enough now, sorry. >D)

@boredandtwitchy: That's a great idea!! (Not exactly for me since I don't know enough Korean to post anything) - I used to use a Lang-8 to improve my Spanish skills, it's awesome. Everyone's so helpful. :)
@devitto I'm in my senior year of college right now so my Korean has taken a huge blow. -_-  Well, back when I was free haha, I used talktomeinkorean.com because it's free and they really do teach very well. I used to listen while washing dishes to pass the time. I would often repeat lessons until I knew the podcast by heart. (It gets boring believe me, but I had to get used to hearing it.) I would also play it before going to bed on nights I had trouble sleeping. (Had to make use of my time somehow!)

You can try HelloTalk and Kakaotalk (apps) to make friends. I found a few people here and there. It was hard at first because I couldn't type in Korean and after the initial hello-how are yous, I would crawl back into my hole and just use English all the time. So I started forcing myself to only use Korean, no matter how horrible lol. They're really friendly and always surprised you can type in hangeul. xD I think after a few trial & errors, you'll find that one friend who fits perfectly. (My ideal partner is someone willing to speak a mix of both Korean and English lol) Right now my friend types 90% in Korean and I reply mostly in English. -_- But it's still learning right? lol)

If you want, I can be your study partner. :D I'm equally as busy and don't think we'll get as much progress done as we'd like, but I'm here if ya need me. xD

PS: Totally jealous you're on your way to Seoul. 너무 부럽다. 부러워~ (I envy you.)

@boredandtwitchy I second that! Great idea, but not for a non-writer like me. =')
HelloTalk is one of the apps I tried! The single actual Korean conversation I had on there went like this:

Me: "Hello! My name is Bia."
Stranger: "Hello! Your name is Pia. My name is XXXX."
Me: "Oh, thank you!"

(I'm at work and don't have Hangeul installed, so excuse the translation. xD)

The rest were slightly creepy non-Koreans who were interested in way different things than teaching me a language. As it is.

I'd love to be your study partner!! I think it's very motivating to have someone to collaborate and "compete" with. :)
@devitto I met a 40y/o ahjusshi and he was freaky to say the least. I've had way too many creepers, it's unbelievable. I now have a knack for knowing which ones they are, and often ask "Are you a creeper/pervert/weirdo?" and tell them I don't even have the 5mins it takes for it to show to waste lol. All of them will answer with a no, and then 2 mins later they ask you to marry them or something. *facepalm*

Great! I'll add you then. :3 우리 친구하자 (the popular phrase: "Let's be friends!") 
고마워요!! :)
@devitto 고맙긴! (You're welcome/ No need to thank me.) 

Oh, I totally forgot. I used (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdiR-6e1h0o) to learn how to pronounce and (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLmotJ1Gec) to learn the alphabet. Not sure if the links might have a problem later on so the channel I think was sweetandtastyTV. She's entertaining and a really good teacher. I loved all her KWOW episodes. I hope this helps out any beginner. Go conquer those alphabets!
I've mostly got hangul down, and know some words. I'm going to Korea soon, so I'm hoping the words stick in my head a little bit better when I'm there. 
I'm learning Korean using talktomeinkorean, I finished level 1 a few days ago and was able to understand & write my own translation of 100% Korean dialogue.I understood 95% of the dialogue, due to words i hadn't learned yet. Although I don't know hangul yet.
I'm a korean studies major, and I studying korean since aroud 5 years now, and also spend a year in korea as an exchange student. although I don't really get to do any korean studying at all lately, since I'm busy with my minor and no more courses to do in my major. I really want to keep studing, but can't really find the motivation to start lately, all I do is watch korean dramas xD I tired doing a studygroup with some friend, but well that didn#t really work out, since I was the only one doing something and so my motivation diesd down qiuckly again^^;
I'm thinking about taking the next topik, to have a reason to start studying properly again^^ 

I definetly recommend TTMIK and hello talk, they have helped me a lot while i was studying :)
I recently installed an app to learn Korean vocabulary (it's called memrise - in case anyone is interested, you can learn other languages through it as well). I thought that if I spent my time uselessly on my phone playing games or whatever, I might as well spend it on learning Korean through an app :P
@Nezumi: Memrise - That's the app I was looking for!! I used it a few years ago to learn vocabulary but lost it. Thanks for mentioning it, I loved that app (and website)! :D