My roommates in college turned me on to Kpop and from there it was an easy transition into dramas (Coffee Prince with Gong Yoo). The language is beautiful and I love how I pick up words and phrases while watching!
When I became a casual kpop fan I got interested more and more in Korea. But I started as a Japan lover. I think both languages are beautiful.

Friend at school, now I've been to Korea every year  in a row from 2014 - 2017.
I started from Jdrama to Kdrama to Tdrama to Cdrama and ThaiDrama 

I tried them all :) 

I first liked them because the music,romance and then the actors and actress 

I just saw Jewel in the Palace by chance when i was in middleschool 
Baseball. I first became interested in Japan because I love baseball and they love baseball and because Ichiro was my favorite player. Through this I ended up obsessed with anime and manga and the like, not dramas though. Only more recently I also gained more of an interest in Korea as a wave of Korean players made it over to MLB in the states in the past couple of years, and this led to discovering their dramas.
KPOP (EXO) actually. But if you wanna go all the way to the beginning, probably anime? KPOP idols are probably the closest living beings to anime characters regarding looks (moreso than the usual cosplayer tbh), so I remember that getting me hooked. 

I went from anime and manga to KPOP, Kdramas, and Jdramas. I'm not a huge movie watcher, but I get a few in as well.
I started from Jdrama too, but after boys over flower I fall in love with korean language, it's a big part of why i'm interested in korean drama and stop complete to watch other country drama, I even stop to watch USA show tv.  
Kpop (BTS). And then kdrama.  

Poia: I stop watch USA show also, and i only start to watch kdrama i september 2016. lol 
Because of korean language.because of park shin hye too.
Well, the first drama I watched was Jewel in the Palace and I fell in love with the palace,gardens, small Jeju Island...Honestly, I was in middle school back then maybe that's why I was so impressed and kinda exaggerated what I saw. ^^
I just casually enjoyed their dramas and movies but never got fully interested until I watched season 1 of variety show 1 Night 2 Days. I have now reached the point where I'm trying to learn the language myself :)
KDramas, before I started to watch those I did not know much about Korea or about its history.  
From watching Kdramas 
I got tired of American shows,which is funny because that's where I'm from xD!!!!The fandoms are crazy,and it's always the same sort of shows-.- I decided to watch dramas from other countries...And that's how I fell in love with Korean dramas