sorujiar wrote: Spoiler
*slight spoiler to bridal mask if you haven't seen it*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5treKExyJj0
/spoiler

I do notice it, definitely, but it isn't usually too bad. The above link was terrible though. In what is meant to be a very serious emotional scene I burst out laughing.

When I was watching it for first time, I didn't find it funny but it looked weird. But this time I laughed hard :D Bridal Mask is full of overacting.
Sleepninja wrote: Everyone reacts differently. I have seen people react that way in real life.

There are a million and one different ways to do a scene, but I don't know what made the director or whoever think "yes, that captures it perfectly" when both the youtube comments and this thread show that most people do not feel saddened seeing that exact reaction. You may see something similar, but to come from such a character it just doesn't fit. It causes people to laugh because it just seems so strange and unexpected.
how many of those comments are from korean people? even if you think it was unrealistic, there is an obvious difference b/w what western and eastern cultures find desirable in a performance. i still dont consider it "bad" acting b/c that can NOT be easy to do.
Noone said it was easy, but a moodbreaker it was. I am also not really sure why you mention the likelihood of most of us being non-korean when that is the exact point of this thread, how it comes across to us.
I remember watching an Eat your kimchi video and Martina mentioned how they 'ham it up' for the viewers. I believe she also mentioned that overreacting makes it more funny. (Like korean humor)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSjXCaH_61c
This video is about korean humor, even if this isn't what you wanted you should definitely watch it. It's funny at some parts.
(I didn't read much of your post so I am not sure what you were looking for exactly)
From my observation it would seem strong reactions to life events is intrinsic to Korean culture. For eg, if you watch Korean news for any period of time and see how they react to everything from tragedy or just protesting about something they feel is important, it's always with a lot of deep passion, which can appear as overreaction to someone who is from a more subdued culture. 

When it comes to tragedy, I don't think there is any right or wrong way to react, but I definitely see a stark difference to how Koreans mourn and how many people in the west mourn. In Korea there seems to be a lot of wailing, bawling and flailing about and sometimes even violence toward the person or persons they feel is/are responsible. Of course, you see the same in the West too, but on a much less amplified scale, imo. In any case, I certainly think it's an interesting cultural phenomenon, though I can hardly find it believable when I see it in dramas.